PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Cameron McGrone

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lots smarts in his game. + read & react, let's loose when he decides to shoot the gap or break on the ball. Really like how he approaches certain run fits. At times patient peeker around the big boys. Tough for RB to read and gage where/how he'll attack. Takes good angles and again has dome finesse and patience to make it difficult on RB looking into the 2nd level. Overall vision is good but could improve. Needs experience but the potential is there for a green dot. At times you see a click & close player when things are on max.

Has lots of potential and experience in Browns scheme that sends backers and that's exactly Bill likes to do. Nice patience, timing & proper physicality taking on contact. Throws everything behind it. Shooting gaps, blitzing, hes physical. + upper body strength he puts all 235 behind it.

Like his movements not the most athletic guy but efficient movements for the most part. Smooth COD, back pedal, shuffle ... Good enough in coverage, he'll win with smarts. Being in the right spot out of recognition rather than athleticism but he can drop/cover.

+ first step(s) not many missteps or wasted first steps.

Has some versatility bc of his ability to blitz, cover, read/react and a little sideline to sideline ability. Mike/Will.

Very good pick, on the PTP, had a 3rd on him. Great value.

sounds like Shawn Crable
They’re nothing alike other than going to the same school

McGrone is an off the ball LB who probably projects best to MIKE and is really a run stopper who (if he hits his upside) can blitz and cover well enough to play 3 downs

Crable was an EDGE who was weak at the POA and really was a pass rusher only guy who they hoped could add the strength to play against the run. Unfortunately, he had the leg build of a 13 year old girl. Never seen such spindly legs on an NFL front 7 player.

I remember like it was yesterday I also remember him leaping over a lineman in his highlight reel and someone here ruined it and said look at those chicken legs.
...and the Crable crowd kept saying he was the next Chris Slade.

Gawd.....

sounds like Shawn Crable

He was the greatest Patriot never to dress for a Patriot game. He made Ras Dowling look healthy. He could also run the 40 in 4.12 16’ long jump, 5.63 3 cone, put up 170 reps on the bench. Him and Sewell were roommates in preschool knitting camp.

low risk high reward.

Probably Foxboro flu in 21 and then potentially starter in 22 if he develops.

I like it.

Fwiw McGrone is only 20, needs experience and the right place to grow. I had a 3rd on him. Love the value. I'm sure there were other names people liked but that's always the case. Mcgrone was definitely our type.

From @Patsgofor4 inside sources

A Giants fan buddy of mine sent this to me. The guy who wrote this profile is a Giants fan and does this every year on their fan site (he is their @BaconGrundleCandy). He is also Ourlads chief scout.

1619898473676.png

AAD3EECA-9DDE-4596-8FE4-B76E91C129DC.jpeg

Hard to complain about him in the late 5th.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back