PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

I called this early on. Bill respects Cam, but had to make sure Mac was ready. If it was Mac's job, no way you can keep Cam. I remember the huge debates going into the Superbowl with Brady and Bledsoe, it would be a mess. This gives Cam a chance to get a job somewhere else.

Well thanks for everything Cam, didn’t go great but he showed up every day with a positive attitude and played hard for us.

Let’s go Mac!!!

It’s bittersweet. In a perfect world, he’d be an incredible and supportive backup. Providing a different dynamic if **** hit the fan. A complete class act. I wish him the best wherever his life takes him at this point. This also means we are preparing the Mac attack boys and girls!! Gonna have a rookie at QB. If he stays healthy, this is gonna be one helluva a painful at times and joyous at times type of ride. Hopefully the kids is who we all thought he was.

This is shocking to say the least. I don’t think I’ve ever been more shocked by a cut, ever. I’m a huge Mac Jones fan, but I didn’t see this coming. Unbelievable. Hoyer survives again lol.

Cam's toast

I didn't see any upside to keeping Cam, but did not expect this.

I think our poll on Cam starting Game 1 was strongly expecting BB to start him.

Edit:

1630419545585.png

Moral of the story: Always go with RLKAG!!!

Mac clearly won the QB battle throughout training camp and the pre-season. He gives the Patriots the ability to run there full offence. Bill probably wasn’t too impressed with Cam having to take those 5 Covid days off also. I’m not really to shocked Cam was cut as the offence he runs wouldn’t be the same so best to have Hoyer and then Stidham be the backups.

What's that saying: If you have two starting quarterbacks you don't have any? Mac earned it. Just has a knack for, you know, getting the ball into receivers' hands. Even if they drop it a bit too often.

Best of luck to Cam. Cool dude, good teammate by all indications. I enjoyed his presence though never felt impressed with his play.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back