PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Released

No surprise.Mac outplayed him. Cam doesn't fit what we do, he isn't a backup guy & he isn't dependable with his covid issue.

To anyone suggesting Mac needs to be superhuman I’d just say go back and look at Tom Brady’s numbers from 2001… that wasn’t a good season for him or any QB at that time. He threw 1 TD along with 1 INT in the entire playoffs. It’s a team game ultimately and there’s the distinct possibility Mac is further along than Tom at this time.
I would look for exactly what you are suggesting. They will use Mac much like they did Brady 2001. Pound the ball, dink and dunk.

This is a much better team than last year

Better qb - check
Better wr's- check
Better O-line- check
Better Rb's- check

Better D-line- check
Better lb's- check
Better secondary- possibly with Gilmore

but agree totally with your premise, this is a much better team than last year when we won 7 games and were lacking talent throughout the roster.

I am not putting any expectations for this team this year. I want to see him develop. But if the Pats could win seven games with Cam Newton and a untalented team last year, they certainly have the potential of winning 10-12 wins this year if Jones looks remotely like he did this preseason.
Remember we won 11 games with no Brady and Matt cassel starting at qb in 2008. Jones is better than cassel was

Remember we won 11 games with no Brady and Matt cassel starting at qb in 2008. Jones is better than cassel was
Lol we were 18-1 the year before.

Bb must be confident in Mac. To not only make him the starter but to release cam

Wynn is once again the X factor. He really needs to stay healthy or the O-line becomes a mess.

As was mentioned by others many times...Cam was probably signed to attract WR's...Agholor and Bourne. Mission accomplished.
Why would signing the worst passing QB in the league last year attract WRs?

Defenses were different then. I expect at least 20-25 total TD’s from Mac.

Steelers are done.
I agree the stats will look better now, they could be similar including modern passing inflation and the team could still win.

Cassel had a lot more receiving talent, but I still think other teams would have turtled if their starting QB went down and put in Cassel as his replacement even with Moss and the others.

I think if Jones can move the ball and not make a lot of mistakes, Belichick can figure out ways to win. But this is the first year of the Mac Jones era and we have to expect there could be growing pains. If he has a similar year to Justin Herbert last year or even Kyler Murray the year before, this is a Super Bowl contender. But we cannot expect that.

I can't do this with you Andy.
Then don’t. I know of no fans that are happy losing because the qb had nice stats, not any that feel their qb is the answer if he doesn’t win. Im sure lions fans were thrilled to lose with Matt Stafford right?

Then don’t. I know of no fans that are happy losing because the qb had nice stats, not any that feel their qb is the answer if he doesn’t win. Im sure lions fans were thrilled to lose with Matt Stafford right?
Lol never change Andy.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back