PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now imagine if this situation was flipped. Zero percent chance they make the Chiefs play with their backup
I have to agree.

I see this game as a loss - and did even if it was w Cam this afternoon. Visit KC, don’t get hurt, love to fight another day. Beat Denver, go into the bye 3-2. Maybe Cam ready on the flip side.

wait the team has to travel day of?? oh f**k off
I think that is actually best. Gives maximum chance for testing to ensure they’re not all jammed into a plane together with an infected carrier.

AirKraft One will do it in about 2:45, doubtless will get expedited ground handling through Signature in KC. So, they could depart PVD at 9:00 and land in KC before noon (ET, 11 local CT).

Also might be able to use KMKC which is much closer to Arrowhead that KMCI although runway length might be a little tight. Runway 1/19 is only 1200’ longer than Boeing 767-300ER nominal takeoff roll, not sure what they would require for minimum acceptable accelerate-stop distance for a rejected takeoff; solution might be to drop team off at KMKC (landing roll is shorter than takeoff) and then reposition empty and light to KMCI for departure fully fueled going home (shorter takeoff roll empty). Anyway, with their own private 767s it’s not a big deal. They could even use both just so team is more socially distanced.

not great, but not totally terrible. Heck schedule it so player mealtime is aloft and schedule impact is minimized, although their caterers would certainly earn their keep this week!

We're going to win this ****! That's how I feel! Might not happen but that's how I feel!

I may or may not feel that way right now, but as we get closer to the game, I'm going to feel that way more and more. And I'll be in full homer fan, **** you mode by kickoff.

Good question. I'd think that he's doing at least okay being that he's an athlete in top shape still in the prime years of his life, and he has more resources given his financial status. Of course those things don't guarantee anything, but they make it more likely he'll come out just fine.

Red Sox pitcher Eddie Rodriguez is also “an athlete in top shape still in the prime years of his life, and he has more resources given his financial status.”

He was infected with coronavirus and developed Covid-19 complications back in July.

"Really good news," manager Ron Roenicke said on Friday, a week ago, "All the reports that came back, [the doctors] looked at it. He's been cleared to start just walking in a couple weeks.”

He just got cleared to start walking ”in a couple of weeks”! About two months later. So yeah all those factors don’t mean squat if you roll snake eyes.

im surprised the NFL is this stupid to not think through possible future contingencies...did they never expect a positive test?!? for being so rich, they're as equally dumb

what would have made sense at minimum was extend season 4 weeks, and every game that needs to be rescheduled you try and do it at the end of the season if you can't easily do it in season, and move superbowl to spring...it's not that complicated honestly

teams should not be playing if they've had a positive test within days before a game

We're going to win this ****! That's how I feel! Might not happen but that's how I feel!
It has all the makings for an epic upset. Unexpected untested team of unknown character and talent, about to be tested on a very big stage.

KC is an offensive juggernaut but Patriots D is nothing to sneeze at. If they do their job and slow down Mahomes and company is the KC defense really all that great? Or can the Patriots offense do well enough well enough to steal a win? Here’s hoping!

Yes multiple teams with players testing positive. Multiple false positives. Contact tracing bracelets not working the way they’re supposed to. Players testing positive multiple days after exposure. No real backup plan. Nothing to see here.
It's more like...the NFL couldn't realistically think they were gonna get through the season unscathed. I highly doubt a small outbreak is going to result in a cancelled season. Even if there was a full blown outbreak at every team they probably just wait a few weeks and resume play with possibly a shortened season

Stidham should start. Remember he beat out Hoyer in preseason last year. Hoyer sucks

Im guessing Harris in Michel out for this game

I may or may not feel that way right now, but as we get closer to the game, I'm going to feel that way more and more. And I'll be in full homer fan, **** you mode by kickoff.

It's certainly possible though I don't see us winning. Hoyer is not bad for a spot start and can throw the ball, just worried about him turning it over really. We also still have the advantage or our Run O vs their Run D, anything can happen!

Fun fact: Hoyer's last start with the colts resulted in 46% completion rate and he's lost his last like 10 starts. Sad that Bill isn't even trying to win this game

Stidham should start. Remember he beat out Hoyer in preseason last year. Hoyer sucks
From week 1 in training camp, Mike Reiss (“Bob Kraft’s 5th son”) has been reporting how disappointed they were with Stidham in camp, that he didn’t put in the offseason work they expected of him or something like that. And that they were really high on him after last season so this was a huge disappointment. And the injury made things worse, they saw it as a sign of him not being in shape and as committed. Not only has Hoyer been the #2 QB all 3 games, Stidham was inactive for them all.

Stidham isn’t playing unless Hoyer gets injured or playoff Hoyer shows up. And if things don’t change soon, I don’t think Stidham makes next year’s team regardless of the Newton resolution.

Fun fact: Hoyer's last start with the colts resulted in 46% completion rate and he's lost his last like 10 starts. Sad that Bill isn't even trying to win this game
I hear you, but would you see « putting Stidham in - on short notice » as « trying to win » ?

I’d want to see Stidham more to « see what we have » than trying to win. This game, even WITH Cam, was a very probable loss. (But would have been fun to watch)

Red Sox pitcher Eddie Rodriguez is also “an athlete in top shape still in the prime years of his life, and he has more resources given his financial status.”

He was infected with coronavirus and developed Covid-19 complications back in July.

"Really good news," manager Ron Roenicke said on Friday, a week ago, "All the reports that came back, [the doctors] looked at it. He's been cleared to start just walking in a couple weeks.”

He just got cleared to start walking ”in a couple of weeks”! About two months later. So yeah all those factors don’t mean squat if you roll snake eyes.

Guess you didn't read the last sentence of my post and decided to post what is an outlier, not the norm?

And Hoyer has beat him out this year and has gotten all backup snaps in practice.

There is not much reason to be excited about Stidham this year. He has one more offseason to make a jump but odds are not looking great.

Did it get announced that Hoyer is starting?

I think the league will regret « not adding extra bye weeks ».

They should have had the same bye week for the whole league. Week 9 or 10 would have have sense.

They should have had the same bye week for the whole league. Week 9 or 10 would have have sense.
Or « a second bye for each team - when all four DIV teams are off ».

Why oh why are we going to be subjected to Brian ****ing Hoyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing