PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.

... asymptomatic healthy athletes who may have a tiny trace of viral load, without any chance of getting sick or transmitting to others....
Since the number of Titans players & personnel is up to 16, the last I heard, there would appear to be some transmission occurring.

Well, I'd be fine seeing what we have in Stidham, whenever the game is played, however many games do get played in the end. I have thought all along that this season is about next season: seeing what we have, seeing how they develop with NFL coaching/games.

As for Cam, I see no prospect he'll be back next year anyway. I do not think he's the sort of person you rely on long term in any case: too flighty, too histrionic, too narcissistic, too unsteady. He's charming in a childlike way, I suppose, but who cares? I would note too that he has pretty certainly demonstrated that he's the sort of person who gets sloppy sustaining productive behavior: he did get the disease after all, and that is generally the result of a lapse in judgment in my view.

Your avatar looks like a lap dog. How appropriate.

Glass filled to the brim view of the situation:

Season will get back on track and now the Pats don't have to worry about losing him when they make an improbable playoff run.

Glass overflowing view of the situation:

COVID-19 is the 2020 version of Mo Lewis. Stidham lights up the Chiefs' D (Pats win) and makes it impossible to remove him as starter and the dynasty continues.

;)

Well at least he lasted twice as long Jimmy G and Brissett before he couldn't play anymore :thaman:

This whole season.... You got to be sh*tin’ me!

So we've heard about all these + "cases"... Has any player who tested + in the NFL actually been sick? Required hospitalization? Spare me the "BUT THEY CAN SPREAD IT TO GRANDMA!"... seriously is anyone actually sick or are these all asymptomatic healthy athletes who may have a tiny trace of viral load, without any chance of getting sick or transmitting to others....
Do your ****ing job media and report on this....somehow I doubt any of the doom and gloom boo hoo pandemic crew media would ever bother looking into this... doesn't fit their shutdown the world narrative

Are you really that clueless of the Boston sports scene?

That just shows how little of chance he actually had going into camp against Newton. Not beating out Hoyer as the back up is not a good look for him.

I think they just opted for less variance this year with Hoyer. His ceiling is known and limited, but it's the same as his floor. Stidham has a lot more variance. Because of the unknowns, he has a higher upside than Hoyer but also a lower floor. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Stidham starting sooner or later if Cam is still out, as they'll want to see him in game conditions.

Well, I'd be fine seeing what we have in Stidham, whenever the game is played, however many games do get played in the end. I have thought all along that this season is about next season: seeing what we have, seeing how they develop with NFL coaching/games.

As for Cam, I see no prospect he'll be back next year anyway. I do not think he's the sort of person you rely on long term in any case: too flighty, too histrionic, too narcissistic, too unsteady. He's charming in a childlike way, I suppose, but who cares? I would note too that he has pretty certainly demonstrated that he's the sort of person who gets sloppy sustaining productive behavior: he did get the disease after all, and that is generally the result of a lapse in judgment in my view.

What a load of pretentious crap.

So how'd the meeting go?
Update: Courtesy of Mack Herron (& the 4-letter network's Dianna Russini), Pats have been told that Queefs game is re-scheduled for Monday,
unless more positive results are found...

Update 2: All other Pats re-tests are negative; just waiting for Queefs results now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes