PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Tests Positive; Out for KC game

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wont see Cam back before the BYE. That is if our BYE in fact stays the same and the schedule doesn't change.
We are most likely playing our bye week. Can't see us playing the Chiefs at all this week.

Monday at 0400, i am shorting the **** out of $DKNG lol. 2020 is a candidate for a year I will not recommend to the next generation. They should skip it.
What are the chances that it is a false positive?

I know that no one else is the organization has it yet. Everyone else has tested negative.

Meaning he is the one who brought it in. He is patient zero.

And I know that Covid doesn’t just jump on your body from driving home.

He 100% went out somewhere and that’s where he contracted it.

It’s not even a question.
That is wrong on so many fronts.
Covid is often spread by someone who is asymptomatic. So, it could have been brought in by another player or coach or anyone in the facility.
And, if "out somewhere" includes a grocery store of a gas station where he might have picked up something to eat or used the restroom, then, yeah, you might be right.
If he has a cleaning person who cleans his house, it could have come from there.
In other words, there's an almost unlimited number of ways in which he could have contracted what we have been reminded is a highly contagious virus.

Doesn't he now have the quarantine for two weeks? If that's the case he could miss two or three games.

He's out until after the Bye at the earliest..

This season is a washed. Assuming the season continues this team might be looking to contend for a playoff spot. Don’t know about this division.

Goodell went about it the wrong way. It would take a major outbreak for the season to be cancelled. Goodell needs to put the bubble in place. Also what happens if none of our other players test positive and it’s only cam?

Little late for the bubble now. Even if they did have a bubble not sure how that would work unless they had multiple fields.

Hey Doc, I don't want to question your bona fides as an epidemiologist, but it spreads by droplet and aerosol transmission. There's no "without a doubt." While your stomach acid will (typically) dissolve it in terms of not getting it by eating/drinking, you can walk down the hall of a building that somebody shed virus into and inhale it - the 6 foot rule is better than nothing (it's 10 feet some other places,) but the possibility goes by how long that nastiness hangs around, not by these proclamations of certainty from folks in the peanut gallery.

We're swimming in a petri dish. Wear a mask, and if the guy you're swimming next to wears a mask, you've got the transmission chances reduced something like 95%. But get away from him sooner than later anyway. Because, 5%.

An NBA bubble might or might not work in the NFL, but screaming that Cam is "selfish" is just victim-blaming at its worst. What we can control is likelihoods, not certainties. From all reports, Cam will be "punished" plenty even by the "mild" version of this crud. I personally pray I don't get it. People seem to get pretty wiped out, even the ones with the "good" outcomes.

I agree with those who say this season doesn't go the distance. We get to see Stidham, for those who want some kind of "wahhhh no fair" do-over. Consider this season as the dancing bear of NFL seasons; the point isn't whether the bear dances well. The wonder is that it dances at all. Dont take it too seriously, and pray for everybody who's in contact with this stuff.

Last point without invoking the "p" word - this should be allowed:

In March/April we shut down everything, after the outbreaks going from a handful of infections. Now we're going into the fall/winter months going from a base of 7 million.

If you're like me, you've maybe gotten a little lazy w/coronavirus vigilance... I want all you guys to make it, so think about how to be careful (i.e., masking, social distancing, handwashing, whatever you can do to reduce likelihood of catching it.)

Winter is coming, as the saying goes. It's looking a little... I dunno, Stark.

What hallways is Cam walking down that are not in his home or at the stadium?

Thats the point...

What good does it do to move the game to Tuesday anyway? I guess they’re just praying no one else tests positive, which I don’t see that really happening with how this thing spreads.

Even if nobody tests positive the incubation time alone makes any game until next weekend a risky proposition.

This is exactly the kind of idiotic thing the league would try to force which then backfires into more positives and starts an avalanche that brings the season down.

What hallways is Cam walking down that are not in his home or at the stadium?

Thats the point...

No. The point is that you haven't the foggiest where Cam has gone. So speculating as you're doing, is pointless.

That is wrong on so many fronts.
Covid is often spread by someone who is asymptomatic. So, it could have been brought in by another player or coach or anyone in the facility.
And, if "out somewhere" includes a grocery store of a gas station where he might have picked up something to eat or used the restroom, then, yeah, you might be right.
If he has a cleaning person who cleans his house, it could have come from there.
In other words, there's an almost unlimited number of ways in which he could have contracted what we have been reminded is a highly contagious virus.

Or someone in his home. Who knows. Some people don’t follow protocol or maybe don’t have hygiene.

No. The point is that you haven't the foggiest where Cam has gone. So speculating as you're doing, is pointless.

I don’t want to repeat myself so I’ll just say this. I know Covid doesn’t spontaneously appear in peoples bodies. So he went somewhere.

My bro that’s a bears fan said their game got moved into the pats KC slot

What good does it do to move the game to Tuesday anyway? I guess they’re just praying no one else tests positive, which I don’t see that really happening with how this thing spreads.
It's Goodell's strategy to play as many games as possible as soon as possible because each brings more cash in to the till and no one knows when it will be shut down. All the rest are secondary considerations.

IMO we won't see the season shut down till large numbers of players refuse to play.

Till then, full speed ahead, ignore the icebergs!

I don't think doctors know that once you get it, if it means you're protected. It could be more like the flu where you just get it over and over again (with the additional chance of...dying).

With 34 million confirmed cases worldwide -- clearly an underestimate -- there have only been handful of confirmed reinfection cases. As one expert said: “It’s possible to get re-infected, but its is a very, very rare event and in general that most people develop a fairly robust immune response after being infected with COVID the first time around.”

There is a lot of alarmism about COVID, much of it sadly political.

My guess is the way to test everybody and whoever tests positive has to stay behind.

I'd be shocked if they don't move this game to another week...Chiefs have to be lobbying Goody

I don't think doctors know that once you get it, if it means you're protected. It could be more like the flu where you just get it over and over again (with the additional chance of...dying).

FWIW, I believe the current thought is that you at least get a few months' immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes