Cam Newton explains how he ended up with the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRainMaker

3rd runner up sexiest man alive 1998
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If you still think Stidum is going to miraculously win the starting job over Newton, I don't know what else to tell you. Newton talks about being the guy replacing Tom Brady, so put 2 + 2 together on whether Stidum has a shot. Dude has a big chip on his shoulder. See what he says about the teams passing on him during FA.

Odell Beckham Jr is excited Newton is teaming up with BB.

Let's f***ing go?

"You see, what happened was, absolutely no one wanted me for three months..."

If you still think Stidum is going to miraculously win the starting job over Newton, I don't know what else to tell you. Newton talks about being the guy replacing Tom Brady, so put 2 + 2 together on whether Stidum has a shot. Dude has a big chip on his shoulder. See what he says about the teams passing on him during FA.

Odell Beckham Jr is excited Newton is teaming up with BB.

Let's f***ing go?

What does this have to do with whether he will win the QB job?
Do you think he wins it by talking about himself?

Belichick never gives anything to anyone, you have to earn it. Cam has to win the job. I remember 2001, as much as I loved Tom Brady and what he was doing, I was still shocked that when Bledsoe was healthy, he didn’t get his job back. Belichick doesn’t mess around, you have to earn it.

What does this have to do with whether he will win the QB job?
Do you think he wins it by talking about himself?
You're too funny.

Belichick never gives anything to anyone, you have to earn it. Cam has to win the job. I remember 2001, as much as I loved Tom Brady and what he was doing, I was still shocked that when Bledsoe was healthy, he didn’t get his job back. Belichick doesn’t mess around, you have to earn it.
Looking back, we shouldn't have been surprised. We ignored Bledsoe was 5-13 as a starter under BB and was extremely ineffective. Brady was 5-3 when he officially won the starting job.

They'll give Stidum a shot but, he won't win it.

Hopefully Odell will join us at some point...

You're too funny.
Please explain. How does a movie of him talking about no one wanting him mean that he is guaranteed to start for the team that paid him the minimum.
Seriously. You aren’t making any sense.

I wish Cam would feel gratitude for the opportunity he has instead of feeling resentment for what he doesnt have in Carolina. Hopefully he can connect with that soon.

You're too funny.

Looking back, we shouldn't have been surprised. We ignored Bledsoe was 5-13 as a starter under BB and was extremely ineffective. Brady was 5-3 when he officially won the starting job.

They'll give Stidum a shot but, he won't win it.

You are probably right. How is my 401K going to do after Obama?

He's gonna win it if he's healthy. There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever. I'm excited.

I wish Cam would feel gratitude for the opportunity he has instead of feeling resentment for what he doesnt have in Carolina. Hopefully he can connect with that soon.

I wish Tom would feel gratitude for the opportunity he has instead of feeling resentment for not being drafted until late round 6. Hopefully he can connect with that soon.

On any other team he's 100% the starter in the same situation...but with BB? I also agree he'll be the starter because he's obviously better than the kid if healthy but who knows what Bill will do. Keeping Brady on the field over the 100m QB took more balls than this would. He wasn't BB yet at that point.

On any other team he's 100% the starter in the same situation...but with BB? I also agree he'll be the starter because he's obviously better than the kid if healthy but who knows what Bill will do. Keeping Brady on the field over the 100m QB took more balls than this would. He wasn't BB yet at that point.
No other team wanted him, how could he be a starter on any other team?

No other team wanted him, how could he be a starter on any other team?
I meant in the same scenario...any other team (coach) would have him as first string if he were coming in with the same circumstances. Obviously he's not. The point is, BB has the balls to not play him if he thinks it's best for the team.

You mean like Brady's move to Tampa, hereby making football fun again? I am good with Cam channeling his inner Rodney Harrison disrespect card and playing with a chip on his shoulder. I am real good with it.

You mean like Brady's move to Tampa, hereby making football fun again? I am good with Cam channeling his inner Rodney Harrison disrespect card and playing with a chip on his shoulder. I am real good with it.

BB gets called out for being cold, unemotional, and calculating to the point of being a robot, but that's a media fabrication. BB has definitely shown the social and emotional intelligence required to get the most out of someone who works hard, is intelligent, and has something to prove/chip on their shoulder. He really seems to connect with these kinds of guys. Like you said, Rodney Harrison is maybe the best example of it during the BB era.

On any other team he's 100% the starter in the same situation...but with BB?

There is a reason, or reasons, every other team passed on giving Cam the chance to compete. It is a fallacy that BB and Josh are the only coaches that can figure out Cam. Others did not see the value in putting forth the energy to work with him, so in essence, every other GM has already cut Cam. BB is giving Cam a chance, and BB the GM\coach might pass on Cam like the other 31 GMs already did. So the situation is very similar to all other teams, except the Pats are putting forth the energy to see if Cam has anything left.

In the video Cam says he is wondering how it would work between him and BB. The answer is easy. BB will tell Cam what to do and Cam will do it. If Cam follows BB instructions well he might stick, if Cam follows his instructions poorly, due to attitude or physical ability, he will be cut. It is no more complicated than that. Ask Bledsoe.

I do not think Cam will be cut for attitude or fit. He seems committed and respectful. Cam can throw a short ball well, so I think there is a fit. Can Cam pick up the offense? Is Cam physically OK? Multiple shoulder injuries are tough to return from. Foot injuries are tough too, but Cam does not need to run a lot, so maybe that is OK. At the moment this is Cam's only option. We will see ...............

I do not think Cam will be cut for attitude or fit. He seems committed and respectful. Cam can throw a short ball well, so I think there is a fit. Can Cam pick up the offense? Is Cam physically OK? Multiple shoulder injuries are tough to return from. Foot injuries are tough too, but Cam does not need to run a lot, so maybe that is OK. At the moment this is Cam's only option. We will see

I agree. I think it is pretty clear that the real battle at QB will be Cam vs. his health. With a small outside chance that he will just not click with the offense. Stidham has no realistic way to win the starter spot but Newton could lose it.

Also it really just seems a question of time until OBJ gets to play for BB.

I agree. I think it is pretty clear that the real battle at QB will be Cam vs. his health. With a small outside chance that he will just not click with the offense. Stidham has no realistic way to win the starter spot but Newton could lose it.

Also it really just seems a question of time until OBJ gets to play for BB.

So, after some time will he be in the "I wasn't fun anymore" club ala Reggie Wayne, or the "just can't grasp all of this" club with Ocho Cinco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down