PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam and Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed...And was it you or someone else in one of the pre-draft WR threads in the draft forum last year who warned that Harry has a higher bust factor than some of the other similarly-ranked receivers? Good call.
Honestly not sure. He was WR3 for me behind Deebo and in front of A.J. but I never got WR1 vibes in terms of being an alpha.

I'm still have the same expectations amd probably higher than most. Everything went wrong for him last year so I'm gonna wait to judge him until he plays a full year.

If blocks well. Catches 7-8 TD and gets us to 1st down I'll be happy. Be that big presence we need and I'll be happy.

I was too hard concerning the video clips but they are no-no's you never want to see. After all this time I just got pissed seeing his feet turn like that.

Last edited:
That is how folks are trying to work out all their anger because the GOAT is gone when Bill could have signed him. I don't blame them as now we are stuck with a barrel of complete junk at the QB position while Brady signed on to a power house offensive team.

Me thinks that you are projecting your own feelings onto these anonymous "folks". There are many on this site who are not at all angry that Brady is gone.

Your tortured rant is a top contender for this weekend's most laughable post. Bravo

Based on...?

How about reality. Do you actually watch football or take the time to research a topic before you post something dumb? Harry's yards after catch/contacts ability was a widely accepted strength in college. This is why the AZ State coaches tried to get him the ball in space frequently. I don't subscribe to any stats sites, so I couldn't find the 2017 and 2018 FBS leaders in YAC. He showed flashes of that last year:

Taylor Kyles (@tkyles39) Tweeted:
The skills that make Harry such a strong rusher translate directly to his YAC ability. His balance and elusiveness are rare for his size and really fun to watch.

Bc of that size, Harry can also run thru defenders who go too high or slip tacklers who don’t wrap up when going low
https://t.co/0lXSAfnjFR

https://www.clnsmedia.com/patriots-season-review-examining-nkeal-harrys-rookie-campaign/

He’s a natural ball carrier in space with excellent contact balance and strength, avoiding eight tackles and averaging over ten yards after contact on his 17 regular-season touches, the former ranked third in the NFL (min. ten touches).

Funchess has undulated between decent and terrible as a YAC guy. In his most recent full season, he was terrible. Benjamin? YAC? :haha::haha::haha:. Good one.

Here are PFF's 2018 WR YAC rankings. You may recognize the two players who are circled in red.
5E39FBCD-4D41-4C77-BB46-22A030101865.jpeg

Massive year for Harry..or whenever that 2nd year for him happens. Must stay healthy and has to show something. All those WRs taken after him..I just want to hit on one...ONE WR

I think it’s been well discussed at nauseous levels, wouldn’t you say? Everyone is well aware of the season as COVID pertains to it. So why keep bringing it up? There’s literally no reason, especially in the considering it was not even close to being what was discussed.
Actually, I didn't bring it up. But in any event, I hope, but continue to strongly doubt there will BE a season, although if anyone is rockheaded enough to bull through and damn the consequences it's the NFL owners.

Actually, I didn't bring it up. But in any event, I hope, but continue to strongly doubt there will BE a season, although if anyone is rockheaded enough to bull through and damn the consequences it's the NFL owners.
Well that’s what I don’t get when people say there’s no way there will be one. College sure. But you have to realize the NFL is not the NBA. They will do anything and everything possible to have one. They’ll have to be dragged from playing.

It’s scaring me that Harry still looks slow as molasses.

He's quicker than I am, that's for sure...but it's hard for me to judge his improvement, if any, from a video clip without a little more context, same with Sanu...Let's see how they look with NFL CBs in their faces...

If Damere Byrd doesn't pan out we will probably be the slowest offense in the league. Hell our QB may be the fastest player in the starting 11.

Yeah Harry can work on his quickness.... but so can an O Lineman - doesn't mean they will ever have a quicker first step than DBs... But if he can make a considerable improvement, it couldn't hurt.

Bizarre Brady didn’t do this last year.

Brady took off OTAs which he earned at age 41 and SB champ. Harry was otherwise occupied with getting his rookie deal done, mandatory NFL rookie meetings, off-season workouts, etc.

I like this, however, since it gives Harry a chance to teach Cam about the playbook and to give him some insight into what Newton can expect in Foxborough. I hope Newton pays attention since he is not a lock to make this roster, IMO. He needs to know the playbook, connect with McDaniels and the other players in the QB room. This is graduate school compared to Carolina.

Last edited:
Well that’s what I don’t get when people say there’s no way there will be one. College sure. But you have to realize the NFL is not the NBA. They will do anything and everything possible to have one. They’ll have to be dragged from playing.
Yeah, I agree. But then, what happens when a franchise QB tests positive? Beyond the effect on the games that could have, what about the rest of the QB room. What if half the defensive line tests positive? What are the going to do about games in states where the virus is raging out of control currently? A lot of big NFL cities...Florida, Texas, Arizona. It's a big can of worms that I'm dubious they've though through in any great depth. The NBA will be difficult enough. MLB is going to be a joke. So, we'll see.

Yeah, I agree. But then, what happens when a franchise QB tests positive? Beyond the effect on the games that could have, what about the rest of the QB room. What if half the defensive line tests positive? What are the going to do about games in states where the virus is raging out of control currently? A lot of big NFL cities...Florida, Texas, Arizona. It's a big can of worms that I'm dubious they've though through in any great depth. The NBA will be difficult enough. MLB is going to be a joke. So, we'll see.
I mean the NFL replaced entire rosters back in 1987, for the record. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes