PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam’s sense of humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got 1 thing right - "here"

Brady has way better WRs, RBs and TEs surrounding him in Tampa.

Yes he does, but so far he hasn't been all that tbh. We'll see what happens.

The last I checked, this is a Cam thread. Your god Brady plays in TB. Take your Brady-related butthurt somewhere else. I know it's hard for you to keep up, but give it a shot anyway.

Why can't they both be awesome?

TFB did amazing things here and led the locker room in a way that almost no other player has ever done in any sport. Things started to change last year, but it was 19 years....19 years! Nothing lasts forever, but 19 years is as "forever" as it gets in the NFL.

Cam brings a needed energy and vibe so far. Hopefully, it will stay that way when things get tough.

I’ll be impressed with Cam’s sense of humor if he shows up at a post game press conference dressed as a minuteman.
Or wearing a worn out hoodie with cut off sleeves

The last I checked, this is a Cam thread. Your god Brady plays in TB. Take your Brady-related butthurt somewhere else. I know it's hard for you to keep up, but give it a shot anyway.
Last time I checked the second post in this thread mentioned Brady in a negative light. It wasn't the pro-Brady crowd bringing him up.

Last time I checked the second post in this thread mentioned Brady in a negative light. It wasn't the pro-Brady crowd bringing him up.
It wasn’t until the third reply that it was really negative about Brady. First two comments weren’t negative about Brady even if they weren’t fluffing for him.

Trashing an all-world legend who was a phenomenal teammate, leader, and person because a guy known for immaturity, poor leadership, and finger pointing has put together two strong games and has not dealt with a wisp of adversity yet...what a fan base.
Hey man long time Panthers fan here...you mind referencing some examples for the immaturity, poor leadership, and finger pointing you speak of? After watching every Cam Newton off season, preseasons, games and press conferences of the last 9 years those qualities you referenced seem to elude me. Care to enlighten?

Hey man long time Panthers fan here...you mind referencing some examples for the immaturity, poor leadership, and finger pointing you speak of? After watching every Cam Newton off season, preseasons, games and press conferences of the last 9 years those qualities you referenced seem to elude me. Care to enlighten?

I don’t remember where I heard about throwing his teammates under the bus, so I’ll retract that unless I find the source. It was about how he shifted the blame.

What annoys me is people suggest we have to support Tom in Tampa, nah eff that I aint a Tampa fan. I didn't support Drew in Buffalo or Dallas.

What also annoys me people who want to bash Tom just because he isn't. our QB anymore. He's an adult, he made a choice to move on, we should do the same. In 2/3 years when he retires lets have a huge party and celebrate his career. I love what he did here but I will support Cam the same way I did Brady as our QB.

What annoys me is people suggest we have to support Tom in Tampa, nah eff that I aint a Tampa fan. I didn't support Drew in Buffalo or Dallas.

What also annoys me people who want to bash Tom just because he isn't. our QB anymore. He's an adult, he made a choice to move on, we should do the same. In 2/3 years when he retires lets have a huge party and celebrate his career. I love what he did here but I will support Cam the same way I did Brady as our QB.

Who has suggested that you need to support Tom in Tampa?

Wasn’t sure how I was going to be towards Cam? He seemed kind of outlandish, selfish, egotistical. I’m not sure if it was the outfits, the personality and being on another team that beat the Pats twice on some questionable calls?

So far aside from him being good, which to be honest was going to be a prerequisite for almost any fan before they accepted him truly. Sad but true.

He’s been refreshing, a perfect teammate, a leader, warrior, jokester. He has proven to be smart as evidenced by how much he’s picked up in so little time.

Anyway, sometimes perceptions can be very far from the truth. So far so good. He’s been a lot of fun in the short time we’ve watched him.

I don’t remember where I heard about throwing his teammates under the bus, so I’ll retract that unless I find the source. It was about how he shifted the blame.
Anyone can write an article it doesn't mean that it's a proven narrative or even factual it's literally someone else's words. How is Kelvin (Mr. 280 lb wide receiver might as well be an Offensive lineman" Benjamin or Kyle Love doing these days? Kelvin was his own problem that's why he left Carolina and literally did jack squat anywhere else. These are the opinions you are listening and buying into? A lot of it is untrue and was way way over blown. Since Cam has come into the league all he has done was want to win football games. Simple as that.

He did everything in his power to drag the Panthers along for the last 8 seasons (9th season was IR for 14 games) Since when is holding your teammates accountable not something leaders do? But he not once ever threw anyone under the bus. That isn't Cam and that will never be Cam. Sure the "immaturity" came from not handling losing so well. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." That is something Cam has quoted multiple times. No one person is perfect. The Cam you are seeing now is not a new Cam Newton. He is very much the same person in NE as he was in Carolina and I'm not too happy they gave up and quit on him. However, he is just in a MUCH better spot football wise and I couldn't be happier. This is the best place Cam could have gone to further develop into his 30's, and man, his game against the Seahawks was truly outstanding and what I believe is just scratching the surface as to what he is going to become for the Patriots. Cam is proving the haters wrong and he is just starting on what is going to be a Historic season for the him and the Pats.

Cam Newton is fun to watch. Brady was so good for so long it became harder to watch him. Remember that pitcher? He was so good that it was painful to watch. Pedro was not fun to watch for me because victory was not just likely, it was a guarantee. I used to watch the Celtics and later, the bulls. People looked like they were affraid and already beat when they came out. Watch an old Celtics game and look at the faces of who ever is playing them while mchale, parish and bird come out. It’s over. Every game becomes game 7 of the finals. In football, every game becomes the super bowl. I won’t be an apologetic guy for anyone but you must realize that Brady taking the field is like that. Victory is not just expected, it’s a wrap. That is a lot of pressure. I loved watching him kill fools just like Larry bird and Pedro

Anyone can write an article it doesn't mean that it's a proven narrative or even factual it's literally someone else's words. How is Kelvin (Mr. 280 lb wide receiver might as well be an Offensive lineman" Benjamin or Kyle Love doing these days? Kelvin was his own problem that's why he left Carolina and literally did jack squat anywhere else. These are the opinions you are listening and buying into? A lot of it is untrue and was way way over blown. Since Cam has come into the league all he has done was want to win football games. Simple as that.

He did everything in his power to drag the Panthers along for the last 8 seasons (9th season was IR for 14 games) Since when is holding your teammates accountable not something leaders do? But he not once ever threw anyone under the bus as well. That isn't Cam and that will never be Cam. Sure the "immaturity" came from not handling losing so well. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." That is something Cam has quoted multiple times. No one person is perfect. The Cam you are seeing now is not a new Cam Newton. He is very much the same person in NE as he was in Carolina and I'm not too happy they gave up and quit on him. However, he is just in a MUCH better spot football wise and I couldn't be happier. This is the best place Cam could have gone to further develop into his 30's, and man, his game against the Seahawks was truly outstanding and what I believe is just scratching the surface as to what he is going to become for the Patriots. Cam is proving the haters wrong and he is just starting on what is going to be a Historic season for the him and the Pats.

Having lived in NC for close to 20 years and getting the Charlotte observer from time to time working in Charlotte, I can completely understand IIB's viewpoint. In complete honesty, I really didn't care for Cam Newton just because for whatever reason, he rubbed me the wrong way, both as a winner and a loser (in hindhisight, I can see that he's just a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve for everyone to see). That said, I never once can remember Newton throwing a teamate under the bus. I may also of been Jaded because as previously mentioned, I never thought much of the original owner and his GM's and coaching staff for various reasons. Leadership starts at the top and works it's way down IMO holding people accountable for their actions and decisions and trying to mold your employees into the people you'd like them to become.

Hopefully everyone grows and matures as they get older, learning from their mistakes. The reality is, 20 years ago, and one of the reasons I relocated to NC was because I could get results, but the added reality was I could be a total butthole to work with and for (I got away with horrible interpersonal skills that leaves me scratching my head now when I look back) . It wasn't until I had good leadership IMO that addressed some of these bad qualities of mine in a nice way of communication that I realized I could be a total ass (and God forbid if I was a multi millionaire when I was in my 20's, which I'm still not today LOL).

I honestly don't know if Cam was held accountable for his actions as a professional by his employeer at the time in his past, but my guess would be no. For some reason, I have the feeling that things may be different in New England if things get to out of hand with him for losing. Let's face it, sports is supposed to be fun at heart, one of the reasons why we played them growing up, but losing may not be fun while winning is. Point being if Cam can continue to win and help keep the organization competitive, they will probably give him a little more leeway having fun on the field. On that note, I agree 100% that if Cam is to devlope as a football player, there couldn't have been a better place for him to land other than in the Patriots organization (yeah, he's played in snow, but man I would love to be a fly on the wall to see how he handles snow in Boston, and someone better tell him that 4 wheel drive dosen't do much good if you're driving fast just because you have 4 wheel drive LMAO). Living south of the Mason Dixon line sure has spoiled me on winters now.

From what I've seen so far from Cam after Carolina cut him, both through his actions and words, it does seem that he's learning from his mistakes and becoming more mature. He seems to be saying and doing the right things at this moment in time, the question will become how well he handles the inevitable adversity that will come.

I did have to laugh reading some of IIB's sources. Am I the only guy who thinks Booger Mcfarland is a joke in the "industry" he's in now?

Well, I hit reply, typed out some stuff and hit post.
You actually posted BS about white hoods as if that’s relevant or funny. Keep your Political virtue signaling to yourself. Our quarterback and Patriots fans have nothing to do with white hoods.

unless you’re referring to Belichick the hoodie:rofl:

NO POLITICS OR POLITICAL INNUENDOS ALLOWED

capiche?

Never knew fans with such an inability to enjoy a moment as Boston sports fans. Enjoy it. We have a fun new QB. It was a funny fluff article and wtf happens? People come in here like the damned sky is falling. Lordie.

IIB come on man why you have to crap in the punch bowl FFS you are one of my favorite posters what got stuck in your craw. :rofl:

[Edit: looking at start of thread I guess someone insulted Brady and that was the onset. Probably a bad move, but we all have to admit Brady was not exactly the most loose and "fun" player. It is kind of fun to have someone like that. Would be nice to *win* too so let's see how this experiment plays ouit..I know watching Brady play/win was extremely fun for *me* but rooting for Cam is also fun. Let's give him a chance ya'll so far I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt...regardless of what he may have done in ... 2011]

Last edited:
You actually posted BS about white hoods as if that’s relevant or funny. Keep your Political virtue signaling to yourself. Our quarterback and Patriots fans have nothing to do with white hoods.

unless you’re referring to Belichick the hoodie:rofl:

NO POLITICS OR POLITICAL INNUENDOS ALLOWED

capiche?

Take that, @fnordcircle

I‘m sick and tired of your politics as well and glad this emotional liberal has called you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back