PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye, bye Byrdie...

Time for Tre Nixon to become an all time binkie and overtake slug NKeal Harry. Meyers + Nixon + Gunner in 2025 !!

if bird put up those #s last year and they made the playoffs he would have been one of the best FA wr signings in the last 10 years....that's saying more about how bad the receiver sightings have been unless about Byrd as a player

A year ago there was a thread asking the question (I'll paraphrase), 'which player will exceed expectations'?

My response at that time was Byrd, and it was based on the premise that opposing defenses would be stacking their players near the line of scrimmage - and that he would be the lone/primary deep threat able to exploit that strategy.

I was partially correct, but not in a good way. Cam and the tight ends were worse than I anticipated, as was Harry. Byrd was indeed the necessary speed receiver, but the other thing I didn't expect was Meyers becoming the Pats leading receiver.

Prior to free agency I figured the Pats would re-sign Byrd, but once they made the other moves it made little sense. Even with Edelman's retirement he would still only be #6 on the current WR depth chart.

Thanks for the 47 receptions for 604 yards, the season would have been even more abysmal without him here last year. Time to move on.

I think Cam hurt the receiver more than the receiver hurt Cam. I liked Byrd. I would take Byrd over Harry everyday of the week

It's either this, or discuss BB's marital status or Aaron Rodgers's sexual orientation.

Gotta do something till training camp starts...

The Einstein's in the league office figured that out and that's why the schedule rollout is now in May.

It's surprising there is no thread on when everyone expects Tampa to come to town.

It's for science

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back