PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler visiting Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints really want him...bad

Ugh no, I guess if we get the 11th pick in them straight up signing him it'd be great value, but I'd rather ride out the last year of his deal and go for the 6th Lombardi. This team is mega stacked with Hightower and Butler back. Probably our best roster ever headed into camp.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why he didn't sign the tender (and would have been stupid to do so).

I want him to stay but I don't blame a player for treating it like a business.

Meanwhile...

C54wKgyWUAQok4N.jpg

11th pick - Would be heart breaking but makes sense

32nd pick - No. The talent just isn't there at 32 to justify trading Butler.

An injured Jonathan Allen could be at 11. Also Barnett and a small chance at Thomas.

Possibly we'd even get more, depending on what the contract they sign him to is. If it's something the Pats could live with, they can tell the Saints, "We're just going to match it unless you sweeten the pot." That's what happened with Welker coming here, we only technically owed a 2nd rounder, but had to throw in a 7th to actually get him. I don't think the Dolphins had a real intention to match, but the extra pick was cheap enough for the Pats to throw it in to make sure.

Of course

But every indication is the trade is gonna be our 32nd pick back

Which I think we all can agree is garbage due to the fact that we literally already had that pick the other day
What indication is that aside from speculation on this board? Hopefully Saints sign him to a fairly reasonable deal that we can just match.

I'd prefer to keep Butler, but if he does go to the Saints, then I think we'll still be okay. I'm excited about the corners in this draft. It's the best corner class I've ever seen. One way or another, we'll have a quality starter across from Gilmore this season. I would miss Butler a lot if he left, though. :(

Of course

But every indication is the trade is gonna be our 32nd pick back

Which I think we all can agree is garbage due to the fact that we literally already had that pick the other day

If it's a trade yes, but the Pats have the leverage here. If they don't match, it's the 11th pick guaranteed.

I think if anything (as long as it's legal), Butler signs tender and then gets shipped to N.O. for the 32nd pick. No way N.O. gives up the 11th for him, just like we are not getting No. 1 overall for Jimmy G.

What indication is that aside from speculation on this board? Hopefully Saints sign him to a fairly reasonable deal that we can just match.

I'm listening to it on eei right now plus BEFORE the cooks trade it was apparently involving butler.

IF we get the 11th I can live with this. If it's a 2 and a 3 I'd rather roll the dice.

The Hoodie is the Dark State and this hand has already been played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back