PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BUT TOM BRADY AND ROB GRONKOWSKI SKIPPED OTAS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes no sense, as written. Could you please clarify?

Yes.

The typical (but wildly illogical) response from many is that if you win the Super Bowl, virtually every move was perfect. If they lose, every move is second guessed. Though many times there is an element of luck involved in the actual outcome. Let’s just say that Dee Ford stayed onsides (and Brady wasn’t aware immediately), and the Patriots loss that game. The skipping OTA crowd is out in full force, as well as second guessing a zillion things the team did wrong and weren’t a championship team for about 20 reasons. Of if Eli’s fumble in SB46 bounces our way, there goes that criticism of a “non-championship caliber defense.”

Yes.

The typical (but wildly illogical) response from many is that if you win the Super Bowl, virtually every move was perfect. If they lose, every move is second guessed. Though many times there is an element of luck involved in the actual outcome. Let’s just say that Dee Ford stayed onsides (and Brady wasn’t aware immediately), and the Patriots loss that game. The skipping OTA crowd is out in full force, as well as second guessing a zillion things the team did wrong and weren’t a championship team for about 20 reasons. Of if Eli’s fumble in SB46 bounces our way, there goes that criticism of a “non-championship caliber defense.”

Got it. I thought, from reading it, that you were advocating that position, which is why I thought it made no sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Got it. I thought, from reading it, that you were advocating that position, which is why I thought it made no sense. Thanks for the clarification.

All good. I have a habit of making some posts unclear about the actual intent/point. Enjoy the win @Deus Irae !

There was a track record of perfect attendance at OTAs for what... 17 years in a row?

Skipping OTAs was far outside of the norm. Thus taking note of it, speculating what it implied, and even worrying about a possible impact is not unusual in the least. It is front-and-center in the types of topics that message boards like this one discuss all of the time.

Anyone panicking and declaring it the first sign of the apocalypse ought to be ashamed, but a little concern / attention directed toward a very unusual absence isn't worthy of ridicule, even in hindsight.

All good. I have a habit of making some posts unclear about the actual intent/point. Enjoy the win @Deus Irae !

I spent a few minutes cussing about McDaniels more than I've ever cussed about him before (as a McDaniels supporter, I don't generally cuss about him at all) for being too big a part of keeping that score down. Other than that, I've been loving pretty much every minute since the game ended.

I think McDaniels gets cussed out when he's trying to get the opponent to change their defense.
We don't have the luxury of always seeing that in real time on TV. After he gets them to change Brady goes to work on the soft spots.

It never mattered. It was embarrassing that some people here thought otherwise. It's more embarrassing that you're still trying to claim it mattered.

It did matter, again, maybe only 1% but it mattered.

I actually never posted in that thread myself, but winning the Super Bowl doesn't mean every single thing done that season is justified just like losing one doesn't mean every single thing done that season was wrong.

I would have lead with 4 game suspensions seem to help players excel in the Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes