PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

But It's Not Mac's Fault....

1 - I feel bad for Mac. He's had to live through the most dysfunctional Pats years since '92. He's had no real chance to succeed here. He's likely not going to be here next year. But, may get a chance in a few years somewhere else. Like Geno Smith.

2 - Why do people keep saying Pats couldn't get one of the top 3 QBs next draft? If we're picking ~#5, we could always trade up a couple spots. And 2 of the 4 teams currently drafting before us may not automatically take a QB.
There's a good chance we could get Maye or Penix or definitely trade down to still get Nix/Daniels/McCarthy

He wasn’t like this when he started his career. Would have never been picked anywhere near the first round if he was. Had his rookie moments but looked pretty good overall.

He’s regressed a lot so the interesting questions now are how did that happen and why?
He had these tendencies from day 1. The difference is he had confidence from college success. Confidence does amazing things to one's ability.

However that confidence slowsly but surely gives way to the reality of the NFL and the level required. We have seen this with many rookie QBs that fizzled out.

Mac had a very good rookie year, Mac sucks now and you are still a troll.

Macs rookie season was a mirage.

The Buffalo win was a clear indication that he has a noodle arm. His best games were vs the Jets, Browns and Jags who lost their HC. Macs probowl appearance was due to the top voted QBs declining to play.

All fake. Mac is a fake QB.

I warned you all about Jones, but you called me a Troll.

The warning signs were obvious his rookie year, but many of you swilled down the koolaid.
There’s some draft picks that you can tell right away that they just don’t have it.

Drew Bledsoe and Ted Johnson saw it with Chris Canty. Julian Edelman said he saw it with guys he would not name, but said they were high WR draft picks who he knew would flame out. He’s referring to Aaron Dobson, Taylor Price, Brandon Tate and N’Keal Harry.

Mac is also that guy.

Last edited:
But it's not, there were receivers wide open and plays available to be made.

Our QB sucks. Three years of excuses has been plenty, we have our sample size.

If you can't first admit there's a problem, you can't hope to improve.

Mac stinks... stop with the excuses.
...what I've been pointing out and villified for for years now.

There are lots of people including players who still think Bledsoe should have gone back in, in which case we'd be sitting today on zero Super Bowls.

There were some players on the '88 Patriots who agreed with Berry's insane decision to bench Flutie with two games to go on the brink of the playoffs for not just Tony Eason - but Tony Eason who hadn't played a down in over a year.

Of course everything built was destroyed, and when the Patriots (and the rest of the NFL) let Flutie walk to Canada, the results speak for themselves.

Last season, the Patriots accidentally stumbled upon a winning formula with Patricia and Zappe that, with that defense and special teams, could compete with anyone.

I'm not saying Bailey Zappe is Flutie, the best quarterback of the 90's, or Brady, the best quarterback of the '00's & '10's...For now, we'll never know.

Eason, Bledsoe and Jones made a ton of money. Nice people, nothing against them personally. They tried their best, and we did win games with them. But they're all simply mediocre players. Derek Carr and Neil Lomax and Marc Bulger also threw for a lot of yards.

Who's the first $million quarterback in Patriots history?

Hugh Millen.

There’s some draft picks that you can tell right away that they just don’t have it.

Drew Bledsoe and Ted Johnson saw it with Chris Canty. Julian Edelman said he saw it with guys he would not name, but said they were high draft picks who he knew would flame out. He’s referring to Aaron Dobson, Taylor Price, Brandon Tate and N’Keal Harry.

Mac is also that guy.
It's hard to fathom that there are still Pats fans believing in Jones.

...what I've been pointing out and villified for for years now.

There are lots of people including players who still think Bledsoe should have gone back in, in which case we'd be sitting today on zero Super Bowls.

There were some players on the '88 Patriots who agreed with Berry's insane decision to bench Flutie with two games to go on the brink of the playoffs for not just Tony Eason - but Tony Eason who hadn't played a down in over a year.

Of course everything built was destroyed, and when the Patriots (and the rest of the NFL) let Flutie walk to Canada, the results speak for themselves.

Last season, the Patriots accidentally stumbled upon a winning formula with Patricia and Zappe that, with that defense and special teams, could compete with anyone.

I'm not saying Bailey Zappe is Flutie, the best quarterback of the 90's, or Brady, the best quarterback of the '00's & '10's...For now, we'll never know.

Eason, Bledsoe and Jones made a ton of money. Nice people, nothing against them personally. They tried their best, and we did win games with them. But they're all simply mediocre players. Derek Carr and Neil Lomax and Marc Bulger also threw for a lot of yards.

Who's the first $million quarterback in Patriots history?

Hugh Millen.
31 teams had a shot to take Zappe (and Cunningham for that matter) and they all passed. And there are some QB hungry teams out there.

If you weren't a Patriots fan, how would you evaluate how they handled their rookie QB?

1) Replaced his OC/QB coach with guys who don't have an offense background.

2) Allowed the OL to deteriorate to the point they're starting a bunch of mid-round rookies and castoffs.

3) And then give him his 3rd OC/QB coach in 3 years?

Could he have overcome all that? Sure. But it's a big ask.

Thanks for the video link @Wozzy . I'll watch it later and come back with my take.

@archstanton543 is the closest to that but he doesn’t come close to the level of Belichick ball washing seen here regularly.
I don't see that either, you have a few not giving him any credit for the 20 year run and people disagreeing with that but not many don't think it's time for a change.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back