PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Busy Day: Pats Sign Matt Tobin

Status
Not open for further replies.
While he hasn't lit up the league, Tobin is at least quite athletic. Scar can work with this.

Height: 6060
Weight: 303
40 Yrd Dash: 4.90
20 Yrd Dash: 2.88
10 Yrd Dash: 1.75
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.62
3-Cone Drill: 7.69

It depends on the value of the contract. If it was a vet minimum deal, it ain't gonna count.

If he is on the team after week 10 it will count as cancellation pick no matter the contract, playing time etc. It will not be awarded if its not top 32. But unfortunatelly it will cancel the lowest gained (so far Bademosi probably 7th)

While he hasn't lit up the league, Tobin is at least quite athletic. Scar can work with this.

Falls a little short of what I look for (vert of 30 plus, shuttle of 4.50 or better) but still adequate.

I wish the draft class was a little more solid at the position though. Miller and O’Neill are nearly Solder clones in terms of size and athleticism but both are in need of some Dante care and attention and I’d be nervous starting them day one. So I hope one of Fleming or Waddle come back.
I think Garcia has the tools to be a top LT.

Those are not too far off the numbers Doug Kyed reported for Hill, especially the 3 cone and shuttle times (see below). Can Tobin hold on to the ball and not fumble? Maybe Fears could work with him instead of Scar...

All these big Iowa corn boys. Guess we'll find out if he can beat out his mini-me, Cole Croston, for a spot at the end of the roster.

If he is on the team after week 10 it will count as cancellation pick no matter the contract, playing time etc. It will not be awarded if its not top 32. But unfortunatelly it will cancel the lowest gained (so far Bademosi probably 7th)

You have it backwards: if the contract would count, releasing him before week 10 causes it not to count.

But if the contract wouldn't count, then he can play every snap all season and it won't cost them a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes