PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bush to 49ers

Euplotespha-Ciliate_Protozoa-by_Ralf_Schmode-m-300x257.jpg

"I'd kick that *****'s ***." ;)

Do you know how low it's center of gravity is? No way you get below it's pad level.

Well I don't know how you can call me a homer considering all I've done on this thread is questions their moves...so you can have your spot back and wait for someone else to take it.
Which is why I said I can live with it. They had to overpay to keep him, it was their only option.

He wasn't overpaid.

I don't think you should count on Wright making the team.
Really? Tim Wright was targeted 33 times and had 26 catches for 259 yards and 6 touchdowns after being acquired in the final week of the preseason. That is damn good production. He will make the team and be a bigger part of the offense. There is ZERO basis to suggest he wouldn't make the team. He was not used much in the postseason because his knowledge of the offense was limited and their offense was designed more for 3-WRs last year.

How is it not? You basically just agreed with my post that rookie RB don't play under Belichick.

Vereen barely played his first two years in the league, White didn't play at all in his first year. Before those players, Kevin Faulk locked down that role for a long time.

Show me proof I'm wrong here.
better players were ahead of them. Why would they play over them?

I'm bullish on Wright but admit that "unexpectedly" he could find himself OUT after camp depending on who the Pats sign, Dobson & Wright's effort, e.g. they could try to make him a big WR and the experiment fail

Last edited:
Really? Tim Wright was targeted 33 times and had 26 catches for 259 yards and 6 touchdowns after being acquired in the final week of the preseason. That is damn good production. He will make the team and be a bigger part of the offense. There is ZERO basis to suggest he wouldn't make the team. He was not used in the postseason because his knowledge of the offense was limited and their offense was designed more for 3-WRs last year.

There might be 1 reason to think Wright will not make the team. Hooman isn't cut yet and it is getting pretty close to that 300K deadline if it has not already past it.

I still think Wright makes it over Hooman but the longer without any news of a cut on Hooman the less i feel that way.

He wasn't overpaid.
Compared to the other elite safeties, he sure was.

I know the argument you're trying to make about how the market dictated his price, and it's true. A crazy weak safety class in the draft and free agency helped that. I just don't think he's gonna live up to his deal.

I'm bullish on Wright but admit that "unexpectedly" he could find himself OUT after camp depending on who the Pats sign, Dobson & Wright's effort.
Wright is a Joker TE not an outside WR. He was extremely effective when on the field, and when this offense was most effective last season were the weeks he was seeing the field the most. He is on the books for under $1M and is averaging 40 catches for 415 yards and 5.5 touchdowns per season over his first 2 seasons. Give him a full offseason to learn the offense and he will be a big part of the offense in 2015.

I know the argument you're trying to make about how the market dictated his price, and it's true. A crazy weak safety class in the draft and free agency helped that. I just don't think he's gonna live up to his deal.

I take a lot of these deal with a grain of salt. He is getting paid 6 this year and 8 next year. After that we will see. I don't think he sees his last 2 years in either case.

There might be 1 reason to think Wright will not make the team. Hooman isn't cut yet and it is getting pretty close to that 300K deadline if it has not already past it.

I still think Wright makes it over Hooman but the longer without any news of a cut on Hooman the less i feel that way.
Different players. Wright is not an in line TE he is a Hernandez type. Our offense entered 2014 designed for 3 WR as the primary passing personnel group. All the players were coached that through OTAs and camp, then Wright came in and the worked in a handful of the 2-TE passing plays from the Gronkowski and Hernandez days but Wright was traded for with 2015 in mind and to be a goal line weapon in 2014.

Despite playing 1/3 the snaps that Amendola did Wright had 60 more receiving yards and 5 more touchdowns than Amendola so clearly he can bring a lot more to the table with more playing time.

Also just a note. Anyone know when we can expect to hear about Hooman? Isn't the deadline today at 4?

Since the deadline fell on a Saturday per NFL rules they need to make the decision until Monday. I think Miguel tweeted the same thing today in the morning.

Since the deadline fell on a Saturday per NFL rules they need to make the decision until Monday. I think Miguel tweeted the same thing today in the morning.

Well then I just made a thread for nothing. LOL.

Different players. Wright is not an in line TE he is a Hernandez type. Our offense entered 2014 designed for 3 WR as the primary passing personnel group. All the players were coached that through OTAs and camp, then Wright came in and the worked in a handful of the 2-TE passing plays from the Gronkowski and Hernandez days but Wright was traded for with 2015 in mind and to be a goal line weapon in 2014.

Despite playing 1/3 the snaps that Amendola did Wright had 60 more receiving yards and 5 more touchdowns than Amendola so clearly he can bring a lot more to the table with more playing time.

Yes that is true. I was simply wondering if they plan to carry 4 TEs or not. If they only carry 3 I could see either being cut but Wright is less likely due to salary reasons.

It breaks down like this

Reason to keep Wright - He had more overall impact and catches during the course of the regular season.

Reason to keep Hooman - In the playoffs he was a much bigger factor in the game plan so they might feel Wright's game is less valuable in playoffs game style circumstances.

Yes that is true. I was simply wondering if they plan to carry 4 TEs or not. If they only carry 3 I could see either being cut but Wright is less likely due to salary reasons.

It breaks down like this

Reason to keep Wright - He had more overall impact and catches during the course of the regular season.

Reason to keep Hooman - In the playoffs he was a much bigger factor in the game plan so they might feel Wright's game is less valuable in playoffs game style circumstances.

Chandler is more of a shadow over Hooman, though, I would expect, and Hooman is more expensive than Wright.

No. Flat out. He was not overpaid.

1. 5 years
  2. $22m fully guaranteed
  3. No fully guaranteed money after year 2, as year 3 only becomes guaranteed if they keep him past 5th day of 2017
  4. No guaranteed money in years 4 or 5
  5. 3 year total of $28.5m puts him right in line with the current $9.5m franchise tag #
  6. Year 4 salary of $7.5m and year 5 salary of $9m will both be below market numbers

Last edited:
How is he overpaid when he turned down larger deals to stay in NE?
As I stated earlier, it's a very thin market for safeties this year, so obviously the clear cut best guy available is gonna get some juicy offers from needy teams. He's overpaid relative to other members of his position, not compared to other free agents this year.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back