PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burkhead AND Bentley put on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Blount.
He's banged up too. before he twisted his knee he left the game with something like 6 carries for -4 yards. When big backs get old they slowdown fast.

How’d he get the concussion? Did he run to one of his own teammates again?

Time to push the panic button and promote either Webb or Farrow from the
practice squad and cut Barner. We need a usable running back more than a punt
returner. Chung can fair catch for one game.

Time to push the panic button and promote either Webb or Farrow from the
practice squad and cut Barner. We need a usable running back more than a punt
returner. Chung can fair catch for one game.
I'd rather sign either Joshua Adams from the Philthy Iggles' PS or Bo Scarbrough from the Dallas Cowpads' PS. Both of these rookies resemble Jeremy Hill more closely than Webb does, and have higher upsides than Farrow does.

I'd rather sign either Joshua Adams from the Philthy Iggles' PS or Bo Scarbrough from the Dallas Cowpads' PS. Both of these rookies resemble Jeremy Hill more closely than Webb does, and have higher upsides than Farrow does.
I felt the exact same way.
Adams first I mentioned it earlier.
Scarbrough wouldnt be terrible.
Prefer Adams and would take either over Farrow.
Whats Jonas Gray doing?
Lol

Do you realize the irony of your suggestions of Adams and Scarbrough? Both have injury histories. Adams just had foot surgery in March. Scarbrough had multiple injuries in college. You brutalize Belichick every time he adds someone who has an injury history, but you're recommending two now..

That cornerback is very fast and strong and has a very hard helmet.

I think this was said jokingly, but in simple terms this is a 190-210 pound object (with high impact material helmet and shoulder pads) moving (assuming near top speed) at a little under 10 meters per second. And that's not even considering the similar calculations of Burkhead's own energy moving in the opposite direction.

Force equals mass times acceleration. And there's impact force calculations also based on Newton's second law that's similar taking into account rate of deceleration.

I'm not a good mathematician nor physicist, but just looking at raw numbers that's likely thousands of newtons of energy being directed at AND THROUGH Burk's head there.

Add in that liquid cannot compress and where does all that energy go? Into and through his brain matter.

Go to 20:35 in this video and watch until about 21:15...it's crazy.

Literally never fumbled with us

Nope. Didn't fumble until he got to Cincy. I believe that one of those games was actually against the Pats.

The giants ran did 114 and 5 yards a pop.
Jax was 21st in d rush yards and 26 in ypc last year.
Run d is not their strength.

Someone clearly didn't watch the Giants game. Most of their yardage was gained on one play. Otherwise, they contained Barkley. Bryan was a smart draft pick for them.

You’re forgetting the 6 out of 16 games missed last year due to injury, “dude?”

Rex Burkhead 2017 Game Stats Log - Fantasy Football

His track record is what it is, but the most durable player in the entire history of the NFL still wouldn't be able to magically not get a concussion when his head gets hit the wrong way. The point is not about Burkhead's overall durability, it's that lumping this injury in like it's the same as tweaking a hammy isn't really fair.

You’re forgetting the 6 out of 16 games missed last year due to injury, “dude?”

Rex Burkhead 2017 Game Stats Log - Fantasy Football

The numbers don't tell the whole story there.

Burkhead took a huge shot to the ribs in week-2. Serious bruising, possible fracture. He missed the next four games, but it's unclear how much of that was "management". The Pats still had three healthy RBs (four, counting Bolden), so they didn't need to rush him back.

He also tweaked a knee late in the season. He was out for the laughers against the Bills and Jets in weeks 16 & 17, and was held out for the Divisional Round (along with Gillislee). He played a few snaps in the AFCCG, and then performed well in the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes