PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burkhead AND Bentley put on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad we let Brandon Bolden walk. We could have used him on ST's last Sunday and to run the rock this Sunday......

If Rex can’t go, I think we see Webb up from the PS on Saturday.

Who gets cut if that happens?

You guys are sleeping on white. He has really improved in running ability, it takes more than a blade of grass to trip him up now. But really, he should be able to handle the load for a couple of games, until guys are ready again.
I do not believe we are sleeping on White rather it would be a very daunting task for him to be the only active RB.

Are you kidding me? A cornerback? Not saying he isn't any good. He just isn't durable.
Dude, seriously? Because a cornerback hit him hard helmet to helmet he isn't durable? :rolleyes:

bad drafts/free agency leaves us with no depth.

if james white goes down, we're big trouble. burkhead isn't reliable and sony's knees are shot.

maybe the saints will trade us kamara? :)

The giants ran did 114 and 5 yards a pop.
Jax was 21st in d rush yards and 26 in ypc last year.
Run d is not their strength.

True, the average was quite poor for their defense, but the majority of those yards came on a 68 yard TD from Barkley. In numerous plays I watched, their DL was penetrating and making contact with the RB in the backfield. Our right side is vastly superior to their line, but I don't know if we can count on consistent yards in the ground game. Barkley had a number of negative runs and short gains before he ripped off the chunk play.

I expect we'll keep them honest in the run game, but I'm not sure if it's feasible to expect us to gouge them, given the strength of their front 6/7.

Last edited:
This is unfortunate. Injuries are really becoming a problem for the entire NFL and a big reason why ratings decline. No wonder why they're trying to implement tackling rules.

True, the average was quite poor for their defense, but the majority of those yards came on a 68 yard TD from Barkley. In numerous plays I watched, their DL was penetrating and making contact with the RB in the backfield. Our right side is vastly superior to their line, but I don't know if we can count on consistent yards in the ground game. Barkley had a number of negative runs and short gains before he ripped off the chunk play.

I expect we'll keep them honest in the run game, but I'm not sure if it's feasible to expect us to gouge them, given the strength of their front 6/7.
The strength or their front is pass rushing not run defense. The giant ol is nothing to write home about. Their run d was not good last year.

The giants ran did 114 and 5 yards a pop.
Jax was 21st in d rush yards and 26 in ypc last year.
Run d is not their strength.

Ya, Barkley.

I do not believe we are sleeping on White rather it would be a very daunting task for him to be the only active RB.

I don’t think McDaniels will run too many power packages with him. He does run a lot better now so he can be a dual threat and make our offense less predictable.

Matt Light needs to put Burkhead in touch with that dentist that developed the special mouthguards to help prevent concussions.

I think we're more likely to see Farrow if Burkhead can't go. Farrow gives them a bigger back.

Farrow is 5'9 4/8 and 219 lbs..

40 - 4.59
20 - 2.72
10 - 1.62

Bench - 23
Vertical - 38
Broad - 10'02
Shuttle - 4.14
3-Cone - 6.95

What I like about him is that he's decisive and keeps his legs churning. He's not a burner, but he can give a beating on the inside runs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes