PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo Bills hire Rex Ryan as head coach

What will happen to Pepper Johnson? Passed over for a Defensive Coordinator again.

His defense will be better in Buffalo. They have better talent on that side and Rex, if nothing else, is a good DC.

If he somehow finds an OC who can make his offense work under Rex, then they're gonna be a problem.

NY Media is brutal to poor Rexie, at least in Buffalo they will respect his genius and be very tolerant of his shenanigans, but there will be less media attention.

It is no easy feat to rebuild another team in your likeness, but after begin defeated only 7 times last year they are well on their way once again.. it will not be a shoe in as they have changed the HC, O Coordinator and D Coordinator.. Schwartz is shuffling out the door...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...is-thurman-to-be-bills-defensive-coordinator/

I saw what you did there, Wes.

Why did Rex go to Buffalo?
The answer is simple and when you think about it, obvious.

Rex always wanted to play for a team IN New York.
He finally got his wish!

With Brady as the QB, the Patriots are:

52-13, .800, versus non Rex Ryan coached teams in their division.
9-3, .750, versus the Rex Ryan Jets.

Slightly better, but he hardly makes me quake in my booties.

Don't see Schwartz staying.
They have very different plans for defensive mediocrity that will conflict with each other.
Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz will not return for the 2015 season, a league source said Monday night.
The reason, according to the source, was due to differing defensive philosophies.
Schwartz and new Bills coach Rex Ryan spoke about the direction of the defense within the last 24 hours.
And it starts. Rex's version of mediocre defensive philosophy wins out, so the Bills can change what worked for them in 2014.
I give Rex until 2016 to get back into the 20s in points allowed and takeaways.

With Brady as the QB, the Patriots are:

52-13, .800, versus non Rex Ryan coached teams in their division.
9-3, .750, versus the Rex Ryan Jets.

Slightly better, but he hardly makes me quake in my booties.
Actually Brady is 160-47 for his career, so its:
9-3 .750 vs Rex
151-44 .774 vs everyone else, so it is virtually no difference (winning the next meeting will make it 10-3, .769)

His defense will be better in Buffalo. They have better talent on that side and Rex, if nothing else, is a good DC.
People keep saying this, but the numbers do not support it.

If he somehow finds an OC who can make his offense work under Rex, then they're gonna be a problem.
They were more likely to be a problem if they had hired a competent HC.

Actually Brady is 160-47 for his career, so its:
9-3 .750 vs Rex
151-44 .774 vs everyone else, so it is virtually no difference (winning the next meeting will make it 10-3, .769)

I was trying to keep it in the division as I believe divisional games are a slightly different animal. But your point is well taken as well.

I was trying to keep it in the division as I believe divisional games are a slightly different animal. But your point is well taken as well.

another measure would be:
Since 2009
Overall 73-23 .760
vs Ryan 9-3 .750
Vs everyone else 64-20 .761

Note that the for the same years as Rex went 3-9 vs us, the 3 coaches the Bills went through were 2-10 and the 2 the Dolphins went through were 3-9.
The idea that Ryan is successful against the Patriots is total utter myth.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back