Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you want to see a Bucs/Patriots SB?

• Total voters
I fall into the category of that I hope we don't see it...even though the ratings would obviously be ridiculous. For Brady, as it is, I don't want anything to happen to impact his overall Super Bowl win/loss record. I don't want to ever hear people talk about him ever having only a few more wins than losses in a Super Bowl while discounting how hard it is to make it to that game to begin with. They already do that with him to a certain extent because Joe Montana never lost a Super Bowl. For Brady, the 7th win improved his record to the point where people really can't say as much.

As for myself, I really enjoyed the run last January and was happy to see him run the table and was concerned Mahomes might beat him on the big stage. Really happy that didn't happen, but I'd rather now see him go down in a playoff game than a Super Bowl, let alone at the hands of Belichick. The match-up earlier this year was stressful enough ;)
Agree with all of this. Love them both.

Maybe a stupid question, but are there people here who really dislike either Belichick or Brady? That’s insane.

Maybe a stupid question, but are there people here who really dislike either Belichick or Brady? That’s insane.

Of course there are. There are people who can't forgive Bill for driving Tom out of town and there's people who can't forgive Tom for leaving. I was pissed at Bill for not taking care of Brady but Tom got his so now I've moved on, forgiven Bill and I want him to get his as well. , I just don't want it to come against Tom. For me it's about as close to watching two of my children compete as it can come.

Even in this thread people act like there's only one answer, theirs. It's simply a matter of preference. I totally get why people would love to see the matchup. For me, the negatives simply outweigh the positives.

I will admit if I was ranking the most interesting matchups only Dallas vs NE is in the neighborhood of interesting that NE vs TB would be.

Really there's not a lot of interesting TB vs the AFC matchups in general. Tenn there's the Vrabel angle but that doesnt' really do it for me. Baltimore would give me somebody to root against so there's that. Buffalo might be the one just because that fan base would be making diamonds because their collective asses would be clamped so tight thinking about the SB vs their nemesis. A KC rematch doesn't excite me. Anything else would be really boring.

The one other NFC matchup that would have some good storylines would be GB. Beating Rodgers would be fun. AZ and LAR are the only other teams I can see getting through and neither excites me. I'd prefer Dallas vs NE, Jerry vs Bob, the Pats with the chance to get 7 and move ahead of the Steeler or for the Cowboys the chance to join them both at 6.

I love them both because they love winning and are willing to do what it takes to win. Proven. Winners.

Having said that, both are weirdos. Push comes to shove : I prefer the BB-cranky-to-the-media weirdo (which I personally find hilarious) to the Concussion-water-Guerrero-lover weirdo (which I personally find a bit dangerous).

I don't know man...this is all kind of kludgey. I sort of just like all three, Bill, TB 12 and Mac. One thing I will say is that I am not quick to forget what Brady brought to this team, that stadium, the ...i guess you can call it the new complex down there...the memories when we were down and Brady was marching this team methodically down the field, just as fans being in those moments...that was pretty awesome.

Funnell me in under i don't really care to see all of this, some kind of final showdown. I just am very appreciative of the past and very much looking forward to the future with Mac. I think that is ok in and of itself...

I sort of just like all three, Bill, TB 12 and Mac.

That's another great point. I don't want Mac going to the SB and losing to Brady. It would suck no matter who he lost to but that would be worse. I really like this kid and hope he makes his own legacy. I don't need them more intertwined than they already are.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
No, absolutely not ! The hype would be off the charts and would take so much away from the actual game. This board would be in a frenzy with the two sides constantly trying to tear the other one down. I could do without all that drama !
I don't see the sides the same way. It's my belief that just about every Brady fan here is a Pats fan first, just like me.

A Pats/Bucs SB is not my favorite matchup. It would be great if the Pats won and got to 7 titles, the same as Brady. But a loss would give Brady his 8th at our expense. No thanks on that.

That's another great point. I don't want Mac going to the SB and losing to Brady. It would suck no matter who he lost to but that would be worse. I really like this kid and hope he makes his own legacy. I don't need them more intertwined than they already are.
I don't feel like Jones and Brady are intertwined all that much. Cant Newton was a great buffer that I wouldn't be surprised to find out was part of Bill's plan all along. He certainly took the heat off Jones.

I would rather the Bucs lose in the playoffs a round earlier than face the Pats in the Super Bowl. Just don’t want that matchup.

No. I don't want that. I don't want to line up vs Tom.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
No. I don't want that. I don't want to line up vs Tom.
Just imagine.....

Late in the eve on Feb 13...

Pats up 28-24.

TB has the ball at their 23. 2:02 remaining and have all their time outs.

I am in perfect health and perfect blood pressure and i'm not sure I could survive that.

Just imagine.....

Late in the eve on Feb 13...

Pats up 28-24.

TB has the ball at their 23. 2:02 remaining and have all their time outs.

I am in perfect health and perfect blood pressure and i'm not sure I could survive that.

time for a strip sack by judon like the eagles did in SB 52

Yeah, I would like to see the gnats, and Mac doing something Tom couldn’t.
This year there's probably a better chance of seeing Nike catch a pass in the Super Bowl.

Brady is still the MVP frontrunner and the Bucs in my book are the team to beat when healthy.

I suppose the Pats could be an obstacle to the Bucs repeating. This defense is starting to scare teams and there's reason to believe from his own words that Brady does not want to face us again.

But I'm not close to ready to think we are a Super Bowl level team yet. Or if we're a team on the rise with a rookie QB that needs one more year of seasoning before becoming great. The next 4 games will tell us a lot.

To quote you, I am just pointing out the facts...
Me too.

I wouldn't say Mac carried the team either. Bill didn't let him go for the 4th down in Bucs territory in the last minute against a defense with no starting corners.

I don't see the sides the same way. It's my belief that just about every Brady fan here is a Pats fan first, just like me.

A Pats/Bucs SB is not my favorite matchup. It would be great if the Pats won and got to 7 titles, the same as Brady. But a loss would give Brady his 8th at our expense. No thanks on that.
I respectfully disagree with you. I have seen quite a few posters on here rooting for Brady over the Patriots. Let me give you an example, last week after the Bucs loss, they were all saying that they hoped Dallas lost today so it would give the Bucs a better seeding. However if Dallas lost it is actually worse for the Pats as that means KC wins ! My loyalty is first and foremost always with the Pats. This board is definitely divided !

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back