PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 2022-23

captain stone

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
In the first bit of anything even resembling good news, Bergeron & Krejci both sign one-year contracts for a total of $3.5M base plus maybe another $4M in incentives… They were both paid a helluva lot of money for a helluva long time; so I’m glad they were reasonable during negotiations…

Last edited:
Bergeron coming back is great. Krejci was slowing down even before he left, so that's TBD, to me.

And they still don't have enough talent, still should have fired the GM instead of the coach, and still are in a position where they're screwed moving forward because they fired a coach over locker room butt hurt.

Big Z retiring a Bruin. Good to see

Dam shame he doesn't have a 2nd ring for 2013; and couldn't have retired as a Bruin - and 3-time champion - after 2019.

Good first game of the season for the Bruins. Always good to get a win in DC. Cant wait until Marchand and McAvoy get back...and don't look now, but this coach is actually playing some young guys.

we are now on pace to go undefeated!:rofl:

Good first game of the season for the Bruins. Always good to get a win in DC. Cant wait until Marchand and McAvoy get back...and don't look now, but this coach is actually playing some young guys.

I'm sure the new coach took the whole team out for pizza and milkshakes after the game, too!

I'm sure the new coach took the whole team out for pizza and milkshakes after the game, too!

It was still the old-timers who scored the goals; so the more things supposedly change there...

It was still the old-timers who scored the goals; so the more things supposedly change there...

Hey, anything to keep DeBrusk and Carlo from crying about mean coaching, right?

I liked Cassidy but the truth of the situation is this team needs the young guys to contribute and it starts with putting them in a position to grow. If that involves pizza & shakes, then pizza and shakes it is. If it involves f'n foot rubs and bedtime stories then to a degree that's what has to be done too, whether we like it or not these are the young players we have and must develop. It's not like we can change out the available bodies by waving our old dude fists at some clouds, much as we might wish it.

I liked Cassidy but the truth of the situation is this team needs the young guys to contribute and it starts with putting them in a position to grow. If that involves pizza & shakes, then pizza and shakes it is. If it involves f'n foot rubs and bedtime stories then to a degree that's what has to be done too, whether we like it or not these are the young players we have and must develop. It's not like we can change out the available bodies by waving our old dude fists at some clouds, much as we might wish it.

What young guys under Cassidy haven't developed because of him... DeBrusk? Carlo? Little Z? Steen? I don't know if Scotty Bowman himself could've squeezed more from them than Butch did... Zboril's been hurt a lot too... Can't play him if he can't play.

As for other young players such as Freddie, Studlicker, Bleed, Senyshyn, Koppanen, Urho... Those over-drafted stiffs all suck, and that Sweeney's fault not Cassidy's... Heck even the half-decent ones (DeBrusk, Zboril, Carlo) were All taken ahead of Better prospects.

Their top prospect is also their youngest, Fabian Lysell... Never played for Butch... But he might be playing for the new guy before his next birthday, so hard-up will they be for bottom-6 scoring by then...

Last edited:
What young guys under Cassidy haven't developed because of him... DeBrusk? Carlo? Little Z? Steen? I don't know if Scotty Bowman himself could've squeezed more from them than Butch did... Zboril's been hurt a lot too... Can't play him if he can't play.

As for other young players such as Freddie, Studlicker, Bleed, Senyshyn, Koppanen, Urho... Those over-drafted stiffs all suck, and that Sweeney's fault not Cassidy's... Heck even the half-decent ones (DeBrusk, Zboril, Carlo) were All taken ahead of Better prospects.

Their top prospect is also their youngest, Fabian Lysell... Never played for Butch... But he might be playing for the new guy before his next birthday, so hard-up will they be for bottom-6 scoring by then...

My post wasn't meant as an indictment of Cassidy but rather of the uninformed Carlo and pizza and milkshake comments. It's not a stretch to say after the noted improvement in Colton Parayko's game under Montgomery's tutelage Carlo is probably one of the reasons he's here. In a hard cap league, Carlo & DeBrusk represent 11% of a finite resource. Whether or not better draft picks should have been made is immaterial to that reality.

Granted it was against Arizona but the bottom 6 had themselves a fine performance tonight. Greer made his presence felt at both ends of the ice so it was good to see him get rewarded on the score sheet.

B's played down to the competition tonight, fortunate to escape with the shoot out W

B's played down to the competition tonight, fortunate to escape with the shoot out W
not a lot of energy. Crowd was silent for most of the game and it was just like going through the motions. A win is a win but they are a much better team than that

not a lot of energy. Crowd was silent for most of the game and it was just like going through the motions. A win is a win but they are a much better team than that

Have to say I was surprised at how flat they were out of the gate. Against a team like Anaheim you'd expect the B's to come out gangbusters, give them an excuse to fold their tent early.

pretty good win against Dallas. I said last year or going into this year, we need more from Hall and his $6M...he is playing well so far this year

pretty good win against Dallas. I said last year or going into this year, we need more from Hall and his $6M...he is playing well so far this year

He's playing with much better centers this year, that certainly doesn't hurt

The Rat is Back!

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

With a vengeance, 2 goals and an assist tonight

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes