PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns/Bills Alt. Locations Being Considered To Blizzard Land

80+ inches in Orchard Park now. Basically people will be snowed in for a week +, can't get the snow out of the roads, many without power, no help for medical emergencies, freezing their butts off, trees falling over, ice dams on roofs, leaks into houses. There is no way they clear the snow. You can't do it.

I compare this to the difference between a Cat2 hurricane and a Cat4. A Cat4 isn't 2x worse than a Cat2. The amount of damage becomes exponentially worse. 3 feet you can deal with. 4 is something that happens in Buffalo quite a bit and becomes a major PITA. When it hits 5 feet you shut everything down and call in the National Guard. 7 feet? Uh--how are you going to get rid of that snow? There is literally nowhere to put it.

80+ inches in Orchard Park now. Basically people will be snowed in for a week +, can't get the snow out of the roads, many without power, no help for medical emergencies, freezing their butts off, trees falling over, ice dams on roofs, leaks into houses. There is no way they clear the snow. You can't do it.

I compare this to the difference between a Cat2 hurricane and a Cat4. A Cat4 isn't 2x worse than a Cat2. The amount of damage becomes exponentially worse. 3 feet you can deal with. 4 is something that happens in Buffalo quite a bit and becomes a major PITA. When it hits 5 feet you shut everything down and call in the National Guard. 7 feet? Uh--how are you going to get rid of that snow? There is literally nowhere to put it.
It means 2 metres in cm height ?
I realize you simply can not get rid of it
Let s hope people involved will be able to avoid the worst

Seems the Buffalo Bills were able to reach airport and so they can fly to Detroit

80 inches of snow is baffling, can't even comprehend it. I've been through some blizzards but the most I've seen is like... 4 feet, tops.

Well both Buffalo and Cleveland are cities that are snowing there but that really it is for safety concerns they moved it.

Usually, the lake effect snow is really light and fluffy, this stuff from all reports is a heavier denser snow that makes it much harder to shovel and move. People have already died from heart attacks shoveling. Looks like they have more coming overnight at the stadium. I guess it was a good idea to move the game.

My pro tip to those people:

Move out of Buffalo

Usually, the lake effect snow is really light and fluffy, this stuff from all reports is a heavier denser snow that makes it much harder to shovel and move. People have already died from heart attacks shoveling. Looks like they have more coming overnight at the stadium. I guess it was a good idea to move the game.
Yes, it's a shock to see it so heavy. I stop my snowblower after every pass to clean it out.

80 inches of snow is baffling, can't even comprehend it. I've been through some blizzards but the most I've seen is like... 4 feet, tops.

Give me 80 inches of light and fluffy over 30 inches of wet and sticky any day.

I had a friend who passed away a few years back from a heart attack while cleaning his roof off in New England ....

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back