PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns' Barkevious Mingo traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

My benefit-of-the-doubt assumption is that the weight loss was a product of whatever role the Browns were asking him to play, which at that size would probably have to be a coverage LB. Seems like a last-resort move on their part, since as athletic as he is Mingo isn't exactly known for his coverage skills.

Hopefully the weight gain just reflects him knowing well in advance that he would be expected to play a significantly different role this season.

Um either one of our guys is hurt bad or Mingo will take a LB spot. Not sure what to think. High upside low risk tho.

I mean Ninko and Sheard are hurt...need someone for week 1. Sheard may not make week 1 and Ninko probably won't.

Wondering who's roster spot he is taking

If that's not the greatest name in football I don't know what is. All that's missing from perfection is an apostrophe (we still lead the league). He has a brother named Hughtavious (no joke).

I would have figured someone named Barkavious would have done well in the "Dog Pound". :cool:

That's awesome news. I really liked Mingo coming out of college, even though he was obviously going to go way before we picked.

I remember thinking he had really violent hands, and thought he'd succeed at the NFL level - but then again, Browns....

It'll be interesting to see where we choose to play him - probably just aim for a niche role at first.

4-3 DE, maybe exclusively on passing downs? Or maybe convert him to a 4-3 OLB, in the LT/Von Miller-style?

He has some value as a pass rusher. Low risk, high reward type of signing. I like it.

That's awesome news. I really liked Mingo coming out of college, even though he was obviously going to go way before we picked.

I remember thinking he had really violent hands, and thought he'd succeed at the NFL level - but then again, Browns....

It'll be interesting to see where we choose to play him - probably just aim for a niche role at first.

4-3 DE, maybe exclusively on passing downs? Or maybe convert him to a 4-3 OLB, in the LT/Von Miller-style?

I'd really like to see him in the Von role. We have plenty of 4-3 ends but only 2 LBs worth a ****. Even if one of the linebackers is just pass rushing, it's still better than Freeny.

Just went back to the Draft board from 2013 to see what we were saying about him then...

Uncle Heatster 2-round mock draft

LOL, Good Old Uncle Heatster didn't think much of him...

15 New Orleans - Barkevious Mingo DE LSU - Mingo is my pick for the bust of the first round. I don't think he's very good, and if his name were more common, he probably wouldn't be so highly regarded. Barkevious Jones would be a third rounder.​

Just thought it was funny....

Mingo is a "tweener" and I don't think the Browns knew what to do with him (or anyone else they draft for that matter). Depending on the draft currency used to obtain him, I guess it worth a shot to see what BB can get out of him. He played at a high level at LSU.

If that's not the greatest name in football I don't know what is.
Sam Gash ... Max Lane ... Bronko Nagurski ... **** Butkus ...

This is correct. An hour ago he sucked and probably shouldn't have been in the league. But an hour ago he was a Brown. Now he's a future Hall of Famer. What a move by Belichick, this guy is awesome.
If he does suck, it's McDaniels fault for getting too cute with the trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick