PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns' Barkevious Mingo traded to Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I'd be all for that. He hasn't performed in Cleveland, but I think he could do really well here. He's had changing coaching staffs and changing roles in Cleveland, and he's been adding and dropping weight by year in accordance with how they plan to use him. Seems like it could be a textbook case of a bad organization and transition of coaching staffs misusing a talented player. Pats may be able to make something of him, and the cost shouldn't be too great since it's basically a one-year rental.

Oh wow, I'd be all for that. He hasn't performed in Cleveland, but I think he could do really well here.

He always has had the potential to be a good DE/OLB. Now being added to a deep group.

Was 6'5" and 240!!! LBS. supposedly put on 20 LBS for 2016.

Oh wow, I'd be all for that. He hasn't performed in Cleveland, but I think he could do really well here.

Wow. That's interesting.

Sheard 2.0? He's really young.

Some people move quick. Barkevious Mingo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope we didn't give up much, he hasn't done much with the Browns. Also hope this doesn't mean one of our guys is badly injured.

I don't think the Browns knew where to play him; the entire coaching staff and FO has been overhauled since he was drafted, and he isn't a fit for their current scheme. I dunno what weight he's currently at, but if the has the weight to play DE we could see a Jabaal Sheard-type turnaround simply for being placed in a scheme that suits his abilities.

Also, just to clarify, by Sheard-type I don't mean "as good as Sheard". That's possible in that he's more athletic than Sheard is, but he hasn't proven anywhere near as much to date as Sheard did with the Browns.

Last edited:
I'm betting either a late round pick or a receiver is gone.

If that's not the greatest name in football I don't know what is. All that's missing from perfection is an apostrophe (we still lead the league). He has a brother named Hughtavious (no joke).

Mingo! WE GOT MINGO!

2007_01_bingo_brown.jpg

Been long linked to the patriots, with BB playing the market and waiting for his value to drop low enough.

I am very interested in this front seven, given the amount of high level versatility it possesses. Probably the most interesting defense I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes