Brown Has Only Himself to Blame for his Ruined Patriots Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Ian Logue

They say for some people, they're their own worst enemy and that certainly appears to be the case for now-former Patriots receiver Antonio Brown.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Ian Logue

They say for some people, they're their own worst enemy and that certainly appears to be the case for now-former Patriots receiver Antonio Brown.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

This is a misleading article which continuously commingles the sexual assault allegation with the texts, at one point implying Brown was texting the sexual assault accuser. It also fails to point there was no merit to any of the allegations.

This is a misleading article which continuously commingles the sexual assault allegation with the texts, at one point implying Brown was texting the sexual assault accuser. It also fails to point there was no merit to any of the allegations.

And you base that on what exactly?

I was good with Bill signing him... and I'm even better with Bill releasing him.

Have to admit... there was something about that dude that just...

giphy.gif

...schkeeved me out a bit.

Ian Logue

Continue reading...

Ian, you summed it up perfectly.

Anyone who would like to know "what happened", should read this article .

Ian, you summed it up perfectly.

Anyone who would like to know "what happened", should read this article .

No need......first he sucked, then for 11 days, he was awesome, now he sucks again.......I predicted exactly this.....the dude is simply destined for sucking

If you click on the highlighted text, you will see it takes you to the "mural artists" accusations.
Not the rape suit.

Ian is spot on.

Nah, Ian is clear and correct.

He blew a great opportunity because he couldn't control himself... which seems to be a pattern with him. Never liked him, and he's been bashed on this board for years... for a reason.

He blew it.

As for "no merit to any allegations"... It was clearly pointed out that nothing has been proven in the courts which is the correct way to address it. Merit can't be determined by relying on sports media and Twitter... which may have a little disinformation and PR involved.

Confident that his attorney (probably the Pats as well) advised him not to cajole, harass or even communicate with the alleged victims, however poor impulse control and what looks like never having been accountable for his actions led him to the texts an alleged victim..

He could have apologized, taken responsibility for his abhorrent behavior but he chose not to and the Pats were left with no choice.. whether the accusations are true or not, there is a lot of smoke and his texts added to this very muddled situation.

Like many men these days he believed he was beyond reproach, invincible so to speak.. instead of making things better he made everything worse.. there is an undertone in our society that there are groups of women who will prey on men who are just doing what they view as "normal" and women are taking advantage of their "normalcy".. time for men in general to grow up and play by the rules.

LOL at thinking that an official article on the biggest Patriots fan site on the web should explicitly state that there was “no merit to any of the allegations”.

It appears that the Pats acquired arguably the best receiver in football for $9M+, which was an absolute steal! They knew he was a screwball (as did we all) but felt that they could make it work.

When the situation darkened and then he couldn't control himself, they released him.

He looked great in a Patriots uniform. What a lost opportunity this was. It could have been very special.

Now he's dead to me and in the past.

But, I'm completely fine with how the Pats handled it and we remain the team to beat.

Go Pats!

We're onto the Jete.

Really?

Exactly what in the article made it clear that the charges were “ baseless?” Be specific.

What are you talking about? Who are you quoting here?

Really?

Exactly what in the article made it clear that the charges were “ baseless?” Be specific.

This is my original post

“This is a misleading article which continuously commingles the sexual assault allegation with the texts, at one point implying Brown was texting the sexual assault accuser. It also fails to point there was no merit to any of the allegations.”

I stand by all of it still. The article is misleading deliberately. And incomplete in its assessment if the situation

Now the psycho douche tweets that he's done with the NFL. Well, Antonio, we're done with you too.

This is my original post

“This is a misleading article which continuously commingles the sexual assault allegation with the texts, at one point implying Brown was texting the sexual assault accuser. It also fails to point there was no merit to any of the allegations.”

I stand by all of it still. The article is misleading deliberately. And incomplete in its assessment if the situation
I read this thread up to this quoted post before reading Ian’s story, and then read that story with an eye to determine whether Biff had a valid point.

I thought the story was really good, with one inconsequential blemish that might support Biff’s position but is very minor at most. That was the consistent use of the singular when referencing “the accuser” when in fact the references should have been “one of the accusers” to reduce ambiguity about whether the accuser being referenced was the gold digger or the artist. But that’s not enough to trash the entire story.

Ian’s description and analysis of the team’s perspective in the situation was excellent, and to me makes his account outstanding despite the aforementioned minor flaw.

Good work, Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back