PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos request permission to speak to jerod mayo

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Hey, I'll take a 3rd rounder for Mayo leaving. Then maybe we can hire Flores back to being a DC.

If the Broncos hire Mayo, there is no compensation. It is weird that Mayo gets more play as a head coach than McDaniels or Steve Belichick. Probably less about the Xs and Os, but Mayo is more a natural leader from what I have heard about him.

Maybe Mayo gets hired and hires Steve Belichick as DC. Then we bring back Flores. Meanwhile, also bring back O'Brien to be OC after the current one leaves in 7 days.

he can't really be ready for a head job at this point.....he's gotta be a ways away?
Joe Judge and Jack Easterby concur..."Experience is everything in this business"

He was on the list of 9 prospective head coaches they are considering here. Skippy was NOT on that list.

Mayo should be responding with a hearty "Thanks, but no thanks".

am i one of the only one that hasn't blocked this guys content because the schtick still makes me laugh?

Godchaux stole his lunch money. Bentley stole his girlfriend. And Josh MacD gave him a wedgie.

@venecol any thoughts to this report and not steve B?

Mayo is an interesting selection for them... they just got rid of a defensive minded coach, and are considering another? hmmm... they need a guy who can scout and develop a qb... not sure Mayo is that guy... Don't rightly know a lot about him as a potential HC though... he's not often mentioned in the national news... he's kinda just here... Oh hey, its Jerod...

However, Mayo should absolutely take the interview... he may not get the job, but the experience provided by the interview alone will help better prepare him for future HC candidacies... knowledge is power, makes it a valuable learning tool imo...

Is he linked to any other job openings?

I really like Mayo and had hoped he would be heir apparent to BB when he retires.

I think he needs more seasoning, howsa BB had a talk with him and asks him to be ST's coordinator next year to help round out his resume.. and also tell him that if he does well he will support him to replace him when he retires..

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back