PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos defense vs Patriots offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but rivers barely had time in the first two drives , his oline could block or his WR couldnt get open. The article above cites a lot of broncos players stepping which Iam sure is being exaggerated to prove the point of the article but the chargers oline didnt really play well today initially.

That's in part because they ran for two yards on first down and one yard on second down and forced into third and longs a lot.

Yes, early in the game they got to Rivers a lot, but the pass rush subsided after that and all the Chargers did was runs with a gimpy RB (at least the first half) and short passes. They never tested the Broncos deep.

Grrrrrr.... This passing game is a mess,too many injuries:mad:don't like the idea of relying on undersized midgets, makes life easy on their pass D. If the run game can't keep manning on the sideline we're finish. Please Ridley don't fumble, Blount too.

Grrrrrr.... This passing game is a mess,too many injuries:mad:don't like the idea of relying on undersized midgets, makes life easy on their pass D.

I find this comment funny because edelman and amendola are taller than welker :rolleyes:

Grrrrrr.... This passing game is a mess,too many injuries:mad:don't like the idea of relying on undersized midgets, makes life easy on their pass D. If the run game can't keep manning on the sideline we're finish. Please Ridley don't fumble, Blount too.

David Givens - 6'0 212
Deion Branch - 5'9" 195
Troy Brown - 5'10" 196

Austin Collie - 6'0" 204
Julian Edelman - 5'10 198
Danny Amendola - 5'11" 195

Party like it's 2004

so, now the media is saying the broncos have a stingy defense :bricks:

Brady has no problem with Jack Del Rios defense. he's put up rediculous stats against them the past 4 times we have faced them. and that is with Von Miller.

while the chargers arent a bad running team, they arent in the same class as the pats currently. we just put up 200+ yards and 7td's on the ground. and ran over the bills and ravens the 2 weeks before that.

the key in this game is going to be turnovers and defense. I think we have a defense that matches up well with denver.

Jamie Collins is a key wild-card IMO because if he can handle julius thomas in coverage then that should throw off their offense. because the rest of our secondary matches up well with them.

whiel manning has better receivers than Luck, he isnt going to hurt us with his legs/pocket mobility like Luck did. jones/ninko can focus more on rushing the passer than containing the QB

so, now the media is saying the broncos have a stingy defense :bricks:

Brady has no problem with Jack Del Rios defense. he's put up rediculous stats against them the past 4 times we have faced them. and that is with Von Miller.

while the chargers arent a bad running team, they arent in the same class as the pats currently. we just put up 200+ yards and 7td's on the ground. and ran over the bills and ravens the 2 weeks before that.

the key in this game is going to be turnovers and defense. I think we have a defense that matches up well with denver.

Jamie Collins is a key wild-card IMO because if he can handle julius thomas in coverage then that should throw off their offense. because the rest of our secondary matches up well with them.

whiel manning has better receivers than Luck, he isnt going to hurt us with his legs/pocket mobility like Luck did. jones/ninko can focus more on rushing the passer than containing the QB

That game was decided when the Chargers didn't adjust their gameplan to Mathews' injury. Woodhead is a great change of pace back, we all know this, but he's never been a good every down back. He's the guy that takes a draw 9 yards when the defense doesn't know what's coming, not the guy that takes 3-4 yards when they know you're running it. Dumbass Chargers didn't adapt until it was too late then the Zebras made sure they didn't get the momentum after they scored.

The media is doing what they do, hyping the game. We all know the Broncos defense is mediocre

David Givens - 6'0 212
Deion Branch - 5'9" 195
Troy Brown - 5'10" 196

Austin Collie - 6'0" 204

Party like it's 2004

That team had two TE's who were receiving threats in Graham and Watson. Not to mention a lightning quick (but lightly used) WR in Bethel Johnson who could at least stretch the field. Boyce is on the IR.

David Givens - 6'0 212
Deion Branch - 5'9" 195
Troy Brown - 5'10" 196

Austin Collie - 6'0" 204

Party like it's 2004

When I look at this I think, Oh would I love to have the 2004 Deion Branch, Troy Brown and David Givens out there!!! Contrary to what most people think about the Patriots defense in those Super Bowl victories in the last 2 games, Brady was slinging the ball around the field.

Take a good team that's January battle-tested but magically restored to September health, and they'd be prohibitive favorites against any actual January team in the history of football.

That includes the Pats and the Broncos. :)

Injuries are what they are.

I think this is an important point. Injuries are as much a part of the game as anything else at this time of year, which is why Belichick pays so much attention to the bottom of the roster. He knows that any given position could end up on third or fourth string by January and tries to put himself in a place to mitigate the damage.

Some years he does a good job (this year for one, the cornerbacks in SB39). Other years, the fill-ins are just way too overmatched (2006 AFCCG with Alexander covering Dallas Clark).

I have no problem with parts of this game coming down to who has the better depth.

The biggest worry about Denver's defense is that they're statistically the best run defense that we could have faced in the AFC and that's what the team has been leaning on lately. This is really a game where they could use Dobson back and producing.

That defense did not look stingy at all once San Diego went to the no-huddle and started throwing the ball downfield.

We need to catch them with run personnel and then go no-huddle, often, IMO

. @bylindsayhjones: Broncos CB Chris Harris is going in for MRI. Fear is the knee injury is serious. He's been the most consistent DB -- would be a huge loss.

Art thou football gods, equalize this game!

Jammer is terrible and KT owned his potential replacement in the 2nd half, Webster.

Broncos forum:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?228406-Chris-Harris-jr/page9

. IMO Harris has been the best CB we have had for almost 3 years now. Losing him is a HUGE issue. The guy means that much to us...

" Harris Jr. played 1,042 snaps on defense in the regular season, the most of any Broncos player on that side of the ball."

Play action downfield on the first play

That's awesome.
Or the Flutie to Fryer fleaflicker to start the game.
I just we had someone with the speed to get down field to at least draw coverage.

A stress fracture in his foot. Supposedly, it is more about pain management at this point (at least I heard that on the radio from I think Chris Price). He tried to give it a go in the last game of the season and couldn't handle the pain obviously. Hopefully, three weeks later he can.

If I was a betting man though, I would bet against him playing.

Well the pats must think there's a chance or they would have IR'd him.

That team had two TE's who were receiving threats in Graham and Watson. Not to mention a lightning quick (but lightly used) WR in Bethel Johnson who could at least stretch the field. Boyce is on the IR.

Watson played one game that year. They had graham and fauria which is prefer over our current situation but I can see Hooman catching 3-4 balls if they plan that way.

That's awesome.
Or the Flutie to Fryer fleaflicker to start the game.
I just we had someone with the speed to get down field to at least draw coverage.

Any WR who suits up can force single coverage, turning the rest of the field into 10-on-10. Slater can take a DB with him just like anybody else can.

It's only when we want something better than that that we start bemoaning the lack of speed receivers.

Closer to 2001:

Troy Brown
David Patten
Charles Johnson
Wiggy
JR Redmond

Vs.

Edelman
Amendola
Hooman
Collie
Vereen

If Dobson could somehow come back it would be huge!

The Pats WRs vs. the Broncos Secondary next week will be like Ali v. Frazier.

.....unfortunately Ali v. Frazier circa 1992.

On the bright side, it is better than Ali v. Frazier circa 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes