PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos caught cheating; media says nothing

Cheating, losing, staying the course. It’s all good. Keep it up Broncos.

Is he relaying to the QBs headset or communicating with another coach?
Watching the game, it sure seemed to me like he was communicating with the QB. He's got a play sheet in his hand and he started talking about 3 seconds after the conclusion of the prior play, and spoke for a couple seconds while looking at the play sheet.

This is what Football Zebras had to say.

According to Florio, during the Giants walkie-talkie scandal he talked about how the only proper use of a walkie-talkie on the sideline is for the backup QB to listen in. It may not be used by a coach and it may not be used for talking.

If memory serves, the Cowboys complained to the league which got the ball rolling. So maybe instead of contacting the media, we should be contacting the Chargers. Of course, they may not want the bad blood.

Last edited:
Nobody cares when teams cheat their way to getting shut out.

They should crush the Broncos as they should have learned from the Giants. Take an 8th rounder at least.

If this were the Pats we would be slapped with losing TWO 1st round picks. Because it is just Denver. Meh, Fuhrer Goodell could care less!

hitler-shrug.jpg

are we sure this actually happened, cause i dont see anyone not a patriot fan or blog even hinting that this is something that happened.

The Broncos didn't cheat. They changed the rules during the offseason.

Broncos didn’t violate rules by using walkie-talkies
I didn't know about this rules/process change but I think it's actually kind of a good idea....

If memory serves - and I gladly admit I may be wrong on this - when the communications between coaches and the upstairs box goes down for one team, the other team has to shut it off..... BUT if the communications with the QB goes down for one team, the other team is under no such obligation. (Don't quote me on this, but I thought I remembered reading that somewhere - can anyone confirm?). So it makes sense to allow a backup system.

Last edited:
When I read Florio's explanation, I thought he was embellishing a little by writing that the rule had "quietly changed" in the offseason. When I looked at the announced list of rules changes for this season, I don't see any mention of the guidelines for sideline walkie-talkies.

This same situation played out a few weeks ago when someone questioned why intentional grounding wasn't called when Jameis Winston threw a pass away against NE with no receiver in the area. It came out that the rule had been changed in the offseason, but there was no announcement about the change.

The bigger question is why aren't all these changes announced the way the "big" rules changes are? Why is it we only find out about them when we think there's been an officiating error or rules violation and it turns out there was a "quiet" change and the issue is within the rules now? This goes back to the "lime green vest rule" for sideline videotaping 8 or 9 years ago. What other rules or guidelines have been changed that just haven't come up yet?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back