PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has shown nothing special aside from a fair degree of poise in the Houston game. The things that concern me so far about Brissett are his slow delivery, mediocre accuracy and poor ability to see the field (which is a LOT). Maybe they can be improved on with time, I don't know. He doesn't flash a great deal of natural ability. I think the coaches like him because his head seems to be in the right place and he has a strong arm. He's just too raw to reasonably be asked to step in and do much at this stage.

More than just his poise, JB's intangibles are by all accounts off the charts. Brady combined similar off the chart intangibles with a special talent, and the results of that combination was the GOAT. I can see what the Patriots like about JB, it is just too early to see if he has the necessary talent (to combine with his intangibles) to be an effective starting NFL QB.

Last edited:
He has exceeded reasonable expectations considering his rookie 3rd string status. Hopefully he learned a lot!

I feel the exact opposite. I don't get why people want Jimmy G to stay instead of keeping Brady as long as he is Brady.
I only want the Pats to keep Jacoby B because he has looked okay for a rookie and fits better with the timeline of Brady's contract ending.
I mean Jimmy G looked good and sometimes great, but he played 5 and half quarters and beat a 1-3 Arizona team on a missed FG and got a big lead against the Dolphins at home.
I really want Jimmy to be the starter after Brady, I just don't see him waiting around as a backup until 2019.
I hope I am wrong.

because the clock is ticking on Brady and people are concerned with winding up with no QB at all......it is a logical point that seemingly offends the brady underwear brigade

Clueless post. Yes, Brissett is the primary reason for today's loss and how smart he is had absolutely nothing to do with it. He's an inexperienced rookie trying to do the toughest job in sports with a bad throwing hand. End of story.

it wasn't his fault........and Brady's presence would not have gotten everyone else on the same page

I guess your post is just as clueless

it wasn't his fault........and Brady's presence would not have gotten everyone else on the same page

I guess your post is just as clueless
Everything here is clueless to someone like you who knows nothing about football.

I like brisket a lot and am cautiously optimistic to see where he will be in 2-3 years. Starter quality right now? Hell no but he did a ton of the little things right. No interceptions and few poor decisions. Yeah he is late on some throws and yes his accuracy is concerning but IMO it's easier to teach doing the right things then having to teach not doing the wrong thing. He is a raw rookie that got thrown into the fire and did as well as can reasonably be expected. Give him some time to work on mechanics, learn to read defenses faster, and have an offense tailored to his strengths and I believe he will be fine. By fine I mean starter level caliber not top 5 in the league.

Everything here is clueless to someone like you who knows nothing about football.
Nvovo.gif

ya jackass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand