PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bright side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats67 said:
I didn't say either of those things. You ascribed them to me to make your argument a little less futile.

If that makes you happy, keep telling yourself that. Like I said, I could see how it would sting.

SoonerPatriot said:
Sometimes it's okay to question authority.
What, is this some sort of 60's thing for you? Is this you rebelling?

Jesus, talk about stating the obvious.

What should be equally obvious is that the Patriots have as good a coach and as good a front office as any team in the NFL (disagree?), as good as any fan could rightfully hope for, and that any shoe peeing ninny that's having a stroke right now - some six months before the season begins - probably deserves to be miserable all the time anyway.

Yeah, you can question authority all you want. Just don't expect to get patted on the back for it when you're questioning the guy with all the hardware. Based on what I'm reading, you think the only way he's gets any benefit of the doubt is if he wins EVERY year. That's a reasonable approach.

SoonerPatriot said:
If that makes you happy, keep telling yourself that. Like I said, I could see how it would sting.
Uh, yeah, sure. That's a good line....everytime you use it.

Yeah, you better move on. You might miss a mouth breathing moron who'll give your post the traction it truly deserves.

Pats67 said:
Yeah, you better move on. You might miss a mouth breathing moron who'll give your post the traction it truly deserves.

Ohhh and he resorts to getting personal. Glad I got up in your pint sized grill.

SoonerPatriot said:
Ohhh and he resorts to getting personal. Glad I got up in your pint sized grill.
Hike up your skirt and cry foul then, sister. Don't go trolling for a reaction and then run to your mother when you get it.

I have a pretty low tolerance for the duplicitous type. "Oh, I'm not saying I was one of the Chicken Littles, but it turns out they were right, wouldn't you say?"

You want to blast on the best coach and best FO this team has ever had? You want to ***** and moan that you didn't get a SB title for the first time in 36 months? Then get out from behind the Chicken Littles and do it.

Wow, Pats67 for the win.

Pats67 said:
Hike up your skirt and cry foul then, sister. Don't go trolling for a reaction and then run to your mother when you get it.

I have a pretty low tolerance for the duplicitous type. "Oh, I'm not saying I was one of the Chicken Littles, but it turns out they were right, wouldn't you say?"

You want to blast on the best coach and best FO this team has ever had? You want to ***** and moan that you didn't get a SB title for the first time in 36 months? Then get out from behind the Chicken Littles and do it.

Im not "blasting" BB. Where in my post did I "blast" BB? Point that out to me, exactly, word for word where I "blasted" BB.

I "blast" people who are arrogant and think one man is completely infallable, as you seem to think BB is. No man is perfect. Not BB. Not me and most certainly not you. Duane Starks alone proves that. Does it outweigh 3 SB's? Of course not.

But it does, beyond any shadow of a doubt, prove that BB is not perfect, does it not?

I doubt BB himself believes he is as perfect and infallable as some on this board do.

Or did I miss the part where Starks was an All-Pro?

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
The simple fact is, by the time our D pulled it together -- and they did pull it together nobody is questioning that -- the damage was done. We were destined to be on the road in the playoffs and low and behold that place turned out to be Denver, a place where this team simply does not play well. Can you really argue that this team plays well in Denver? I don't see how.

When the Broncos have a good team, who has a good record aganst them up there? WHO????

And you haven't said anything about the game (playoff game) against Jacksonville, a 12-win team....

You and I have one thing in common. I file most of, if not all, the "We're Doomed" posts in the ignore basket. It's the same place I file all of the
"BB and Pioli are completly infallable and anyone who ever questions them are Chicken Littles" posts.

Well, posts like that are why you're here, gracing us with inane posts, and Belichik and Pioli are where they are, winning many championships!

But I don't begrudge you that...

Before we go off the deep end here, let me put it to you this way. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we both agree that Pittsburgh did to the Broncos what the Patriots should have done to the Broncos, alright?

Now, in a Pittsburgh-New England AFCCG, do you think the Steelers would have beaten the Patriots? Possibly. Do you think it would have been a greater-than-even probabilty? I certainly don't.

The Pats-Broncos game came down to mistakes, and the Pats simply made more of them. They picked a bad time to have an off-day. That's the way it goes.

FWIW, I think the Broncos simply had a good season with those new guys from Cleveland, and the punter from Carolina. They went a long way on adreneline in the second half of the season. It remains to be seen if they can duplicate that effort (13-3) this season. We'll see.

Patriotic Fervor said:
When the Broncos have a good team, who has a good record aganst them up there? WHO????

And you haven't said anything about the game (playoff game) against Jacksonville, a 12-win team....

Well, posts like that are why you're here, gracing us with inane posts, and Belichik and Pioli are where they are, winning many championships!

But I don't begrudge you that...

Before we go off the deep end here, let me put it to you this way. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we both agree that Pittsburgh did to the Broncos what the Patriots should have done to the Broncos, alright?

Now, in a Pittsburgh-New England AFCCG, do you think the Steelers would have beaten the Patriots? Possibly. Do you think it would have been a greater-than-even probabilty? I certainly don't.

The Pats-Broncos game came down to mistakes, and the Pats simply made more of them. They picked a bad time to have an off-day. That's the way it goes.

FWIW, I think the Broncos simply had a good season with those new guys from Cleveland, and the punter from Carolina. They went a long way on adreneline in the second half of the season. It remains to be seen if they can duplicate that effort (13-3) this season. We'll see.

Bravo. But that doesn't change these facts:

- Monty Beisel couldn't tackle.

- Duane Starks couldn't stop getting beaten badly in the open field.

- We don't lose those early season games we're not in Denver and if we're not in Denver, but rather playing that game in Foxborough, the Denver hex doesn't have a chance to manifest itself.

These posts aren't about whether or not BB is the best coach in football. He is. Nobody is arguing that. These posts are about people who label other people as non fans because they dare to question signings of people like Starks, who as it turns out, wasn't a very good signing, no?

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
You should also look at the guys they've drafted/signed who have been busts, too. PK Sam, Marquise Hill, Rodney Bailey, Chad Brown, Chad Scott, Monty Beisel, among others need to be mentioned, too.

The Pats have drafted 51 players since BB has been here (41 with his own scouting staff). Of the 51, 37 are still in the league and 24 play are still on the Patriots. Thats pretty damn good.

I bet you were one of the idiots touting the "Daniel Graham is a bust" banners.

BTW, How was Chad Scott a bust? How can you term Monty Beisel a bust when he wasn't brought in to be a starter, but to learn the system behind Bruschi and Ted Johnson?

Ita amazing how people term players who suffer catastrophic injuries as busts. Like BB and Pioli (or any coach/Gm) should have some precognitive ability to know if a player is going to suffer a catastrophic injury. Rodney Bailey blew his Achilles, I believe.

SoonerPatriot said:

- We don't lose those early season games we're not in Denver and if we're not in Denver, but rather playing that game in Foxborough, the Denver hex doesn't have a chance to manifest itself.

These posts aren't about whether or not BB is the best coach in football. He is. Nobody is arguing that. These posts are about people who label other people as non fans because they dare to question signings of people like Starks, who as it turns out, wasn't a very good signing, no?

The 3 times that Starks was "beaten" on crossing routes that led to TDs, Starks was supposed to have had help over the top from the safeties. All 3 times, the Safeties blew the coverage and were out of position. How is that Starks fault when he has the underneath coverage?

BOX_O_ROCKS and Pats1 both confirmed this in their film reviews.
Why should I believe YOU over them?

DaBruinz said:
The 3 times that Starks was "beaten" on crossing routes that led to TDs, Starks was supposed to have had help over the top from the safeties. All 3 times, the Safeties blew the coverage and were out of position. How is that Starks fault when he has the underneath coverage?

BOX_O_ROCKS and Pats1 both confirmed this in their film reviews.
Why should I believe YOU over them?

Really couldn't care less about Box O Rocks and Pats1's film reviews, though Im sure they are learned fans.

I care about BBs film reviews. And apparently those film reviews said Duane wasn't worth keeping around and thus, he is not around.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:

If - If - IF...IF I had the right numbers this week, I'd win Powerball!

This post demonstrates nothing, proves nothing.

Bill Parcells is fond of saying, "You are what your record says you are", and essentially that is true. But I for one feel that the Patriots of the first half of the season bore little, if any, resemblence to the team that emerged after the arrival of Tedy, and the resurgence of Richard Seymour. Oh, they still had weknesses, yes, but they were getting good at disguising them and minimizing them, and they were still a formidable force to deal with.

Good teams - the really good teams - will win those playoff games on the road when they have to. Locale is of fleeting cooncern. You show up, the other guy still has to beat you.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but if you remove our penchant for fumble-itis in that Denver game, the sun is undoubtedly still shining on us.

Which would of course lead to the question, would the Pats still be exhibiting the Free Agent phenomenon as it's unfolded that we have witnessed?

I can't answer that one, but at least some of these guys would have been gone, regardless.

SoonerPatriot said:
Really couldn't care less about Box O Rocks and Pats1's film reviews, though Im sure they are learned fans.

I care about BBs film reviews. And apparently those film reviews said Duane wasn't worth keeping around and thus, he is not around.

Sooner- So, in other words, you only believe in BB when those beliefs happen to suit your needs.

Got it.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time

Patriotic Fervor said:
If - If - IF...IF I had the right numbers this week, I'd win Powerball!

This post demonstrates nothing, proves nothing.

Bill Parcells is fond of saying, "You are what your record says you are", and essentially that is true. But I for one feel that the Patriots of the first half of the season bore little, if any, resemblence to the team that emerged after the arrival of Tedy, and the resurgence of Richard Seymour. Oh, they still had weknesses, yes, but they were getting good at disguising them and minimizing them, and they were still a formidable force to deal with.

Good teams - the really good teams - will win those playoff games on the road when they have to. Locale is of fleeting cooncern. You show up, the other guy still has to beat you.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but if you remove our penchant for fumble-itis in that Denver game, the sun is undoubtedly still shining on us.

Which would of course lead to the question, would the Pats still be exhibiting the Free Agent phenomenon as it's unfolded that we have witnessed?

I can't answer that one, but at least some of these guys would have been gone, regardless.

I don't think it's sour grapes at all. We don't play well in Denver. Never have. It's just one of those things that can't be eplained.

As to the free agency, IMO even if we would have won it all last year, these guys are still probably gone.

But if you are saying that the 2005 team wasn't a really good team because it couldn't beat Denver in Denver, then yes, I would certainly agree on that point.

DaBruinz said:
The Pats have drafted 51 players since BB has been here (41 with his own scouting staff). Of the 51, 37 are still in the league and 24 play are still on the Patriots. Thats pretty damn good.

I bet you were one of the idiots touting the "Daniel Graham is a bust" banners.

BTW, How was Chad Scott a bust? How can you term Monty Beisel a bust when he wasn't brought in to be a starter, but to learn the system behind Bruschi and Ted Johnson?

Ita amazing how people term players who suffer catastrophic injuries as busts. Like BB and Pioli (or any coach/Gm) should have some precognitive ability to know if a player is going to suffer a catastrophic injury. Rodney Bailey blew his Achilles, I believe.

Concerning my argument with Jacky over the draft, Jacky's reply is like the Yankee fan that says to the Red Sox fan David Ortiz suxs. The Red Sox fan says prove it. And the Yankee fan says because 7 out of 10 times he fails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can do is laugh at Jacky.

I see the doomsayers totally ignored the point I was actually proving. That BB lets the FA go, and builds with the draft. He did it with Woody, Milloy, Law, Adam, Big Wille. He re-signs key players (see Brady) and drafts. BB is doing the same thing he did with Bernie Kosar. And his critics lash him every time.

BB has one philosophy: THE PATRIOTS WILL BE AS GOOD AS THEY DRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back