PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brees: League* BS tanks ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this...taking me back to my freshman year of college studying Classics...:confused:

I hear great things. I also hear arriving early is a must as it gets crowded quickly. Ever since I moved to the DC area, Murphy's was going to be my option for watching the Pats this year...until I discovered slingbox.

Dude we'll set up a Murphy's meet (and yep it was at Murphys)... just don't wait for standing-room only playoffs time... actually it's always standing room only just moreso once it's the playoffs... get a feeling for whether you like the crowd & the vibe (you will)

Dude we'll set up a Murphy's meet (and yep it was at Murphys)... just don't wait for standing-room only playoffs time... actually it's always standing room only just moreso once it's the playoffs... get a feeling for whether you like the crowd & the vibe (you will)

I'm down. I'll hit you up via PM and we'll figure it out.

It's simple. Goodell is the reason. All decisions flow through him. He is Peter Principle in action.

The comments are interesting. Seems a lot of fans haven't made the connection between Goodell and the decline throughout the league.

Maybe, they just don't want to admit to themselves that the front office has ****ed up all these little scandals and -gates too.

EDIT - Brees reminds me why the Saints are my NFC binkie. I hope they decimate Denver next week.
one of most saints fans hopes is to play the best and respect, and that is BB/Tom and the fans of NE. We really respect it. Probably dont have a shot but trying. If that day comes, which I believe most saints fans want Ill be sporting a #12 Brady saints jersey only for respect. A number of saints fans have talked about this so NE fans know we are good fans and respect the team and fans we play. And wont pour beer or attack us like most lol
But we have a big whole to dig to move up. The wins are encouraging and I do believe Saints might have the best offence in the NFC again, but the defence is the problem.

Last edited:
I travel around a bit and really enjoy talking to other teams fans in a fun, civil, positive exchange. I'm even ok with light hearted jabs. That's fine. One of my closest friends is a die hard Jets fan and even he's reasonable.

I don't think I've ever ran into a jerk Saints fan. All have been knowledgeable, happy-go lucky and overall good doobies....and man they hate Goody.
There are some lol as always but be try to govern our own when they get out of hand accoording to our conduct rules. lol yeah the hate is very deep for Godell. We share a real respect for NE fans that love the game, and had the best team/coach for years. Most fans in your shoes would be arrogant and make fun of us like SF fans did for years in their division. So give yourself credit for, we think, setting the standard on how to be champs and good football fans.

Last edited:
I really think Brees is putting himself on a limb here and so it Strief. My take is that they got the ok tosay what they want, and start attacking the NFL office from SP and Benson, who are fed up with what is happening. Think SP statements were the floodgates to allow this. I know Brees has been pissed about that was done to Brady. A guy he admires a friend and knows is not cheating.
SP lost his balls for awhile until he knew he had to say something to support BB/Tom, and when there was no back lash from godell ?.. I think the floodgate is opening, and alot more latitute for Saints players to be outspoken is happening and how they support NE.
Alot of fans see Brees as a stat guy , hes not, just trying to carry a team thats usually not that good.
Brees supported Tom a couple times, but have never seen this. Seems SP is getting the balls back and I would expect many more shots at the NFL office from the saints players in the future.

Last edited:
Breesus Christ is the best. I think that SB win is underrated in the minds of Patriots fans. The media was ready to anoint Fivehead as the best ever, until Breesus completed 82 percent of his passes and Fivehead threw his trademarked pick six.

There are some lol as always but be try to govern our own when they get out of hand accoording to our conduct rules. lol yeah the hate is very deep for Godell. We share a real respect for NE fans that love the game, and had the best team/coach for years. Most fans in your shoes would be arrogant and make fun of us like SF fans did for years in their division. So give yourself credit for, we think, setting the standard on how to be champs and good football fans.

I rub it in when some jerk fan brings up the cheating ********. Now I just ask them who their team is and say something hurtful like their team suck s or haven't won anything since the Stone Age. I'm just done with trying to defend winning. Haters are gonna hate.

Im old enough to remember and endure a 1-15 and 2-14 season, drug and sexual harassment scandals, games being blacked out, the team having 4 owners in 7 years and almost moving twice.

This franchise had dark times.

Breesus Christ is the best. I think that SB win is underrated in the minds of Patriots fans. The media was ready to anoint Fivehead as the best ever, until Breesus completed 82 percent of his passes and Fivehead threw his trademarked pick six.

It was called a come from ahead victory at the time.

That was the season that the Saints absolutely crushed the Pats in one of the worst beatings during the B&B era. I still feel a little sting from that loss.

That was probably my favorite non-Patriots Super Bowl

I rub it in when some jerk fan brings up the cheating ********. Now I just ask them who their team is and say something hurtful like their team suck s or haven't won anything since the Stone Age. I'm just done with trying to defend winning. Haters are gonna hate.

Im old enough to remember and endure a 1-15 and 2-14 season, drug and sexual harassment scandals, games being blacked out, the team having 4 owners in 7 years and almost moving twice.

This franchise had dark times.

Remember the SNL skit with schick marketing the "classic *****" razor in Kiam's tenure?

Maybe, the thing is the league office hasn't changed since last year. I think some of this is just wishful thinking for those of us that dislike the league.

If you are looking for the decline from last year to this, you would generally look at things that changed in that period, not things that are the same.

Not in this case, IMHO. Similar to how it took several years and a Hollywood movie for the general public to become aware of how Wall Street had screwed the economy and got away with it, it's taken some time for the knowledge of how much BS the NYJFL has been peddling to sink in with most people. But once that tide turns...

You can look for inciting events between last season and this season. I've got:

1. Anthem protesting
2. Fivehead retiring (outside of NE, he's adored...let's face it)
3. Increased penalties for celebration/taunting
4. No Brady for four games

But none of those are enough to explain away such a consistent and significant downturn in ratings. I'll grant that the anthem stuff was enough for some people on its own, but it wouldn't have been so easy to walk away if the product were better. I see most of those events as the straw the broke the camel's back.

Also, outside of NE and maybe a few other fans here and there, the Brady thing has nothing to do with it. Most people don't care about that, or among a decreasing number of fans (idiots), think the league got that right.

I think the main reason for the declining ratings is poor football. The new contract called for less practice in pads, less off season training, etc., and it has effected the level of football we see on Sunday. The OLs have been the most directly affected.

I think the main reason for the declining ratings is poor football. The new contract called for less practice in pads, less off season training, etc., and it has effected the level of football we see on Sunday. The OLs have been the most directly affected.

I agree that's the underlying reason. All of the other things are compounding the effect or breaking the camel's bask as it were. But it's clear that without the extra practice time, form tackling is out the window, and conditioning isn't quite where it used to be. All of this increases injury and takes away from the product on the field.

This next CBA negotiation should be a doozy.

In simple terms

Football should be about the play of the field and the fan experience before during and after that happens. The referees shouldn't be the main talking point (with the exception of one or two bad calls). The front office is making officiating so difficult that a penalty could be called for anything. It's all subjective descriptions of what constitutes a penalty. Plus, they are centralizing control to the front office.

Certainly the commissioner shouldn't be mentioned on a weekly basis. Presently, it's like be on a vacation cruise where the captain is shouting over the ship wide intercom every little adjustment to the current course. We expect the captain to do his job and let us focus on our enjoyment, not on his (in this case Goodell) view of the world.

The actions of the office is setting fans up against each other. You can't cannibalize 1 of 32 fan bases (or 2) and make it seem like they are winning by being underhanded. It destroys the product and trust that games are fair. Especially in this day in age when it's all about everyone being equal.

The ratings for the 1 and 4 oclock games really have not changed

the saints are really the only other team that understands the BS that goodell has put on us. unfortunately the saints defense never really recovered from goodells tyranny wheras the patriots have continued to keep rolling.

shoddy officiating, horrible product on the field and goodell arbitrarily letting wife beaters off the hook while going after tom brady for 4 games makes the league look like a joke

I really think Brees is putting himself on a limb here and so it Strief. My take is that they got the ok tosay what they want, and start attacking the NFL office from SP and Benson, who are fed up with what is happening. Think SP statements were the floodgates to allow this. I know Brees has been pissed about that was done to Brady. A guy he admires a friend and knows is not cheating.
SP lost his balls for awhile until he knew he had to say something to support BB/Tom, and when there was no back lash from godell ?.. I think the floodgate is opening, and alot more latitute for Saints players to be outspoken is happening and how they support NE.
Alot of fans see Brees as a stat guy , hes not, just trying to carry a team thats usually not that good.
Brees supported Tom a couple times, but have never seen this. Seems SP is getting the balls back and I would expect many more shots at the NFL office from the saints players in the future.

Agreed that Brees and Strief are really putting themselves out on a limb. I hope more players, from other teams, jump in and support the cause.

Make the pushback so widespread that Goodell can't target a particular team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes