PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer says goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again? Should've stayed in Dallas and preserved the good name he had here.

I don't get all the Breer hate.

Do I think he went a little overboard in his attempts to prove how much of a homer he isn't? Yeah, I did.

But my feeling is that, it doesn't matter who the writer is, you always have to adjust for motivations, bias and faulty heuristics, so considering that you always have to read critically, isn't it better to do so with the rare beat writer who actually knows his x's and o's?

I scanned briefly where is he going?? What job???

I'm kinda not interested enough to dig for myself.

Do I think he went a little overboard in his attempts to prove how much of a homer he isn't? Yeah, I did.

But my feeling is that, it doesn't matter who the writer is, you always have to adjust for motivations, bias and faulty heuristics, so considering that you always have to read critically, isn't it better to do so with the rare beat writer who actually knows his x's and o's?

He used to be an X's and O's guy. He then turned into Michael Felger lite, just spouting off sensationalistic nonsense to get people talking about him. He is a fraud, pure and simple.

Last edited:
He used to be an X's and O's guy. He then turned into Michael Felger lite, just spouting off sensationalistic nonsense to get people talking about him.He is a fraud, pure and simple.

Loved his Tales of the Tape column.

The 2010 Breer is not at all missed.

THis is where I'm disappointed. It didn't seem like we got enough of the part in bold. Instead, we got an awful lot of snark.

He used to be an X's and O's guy. He then turned into Michael Felger lite, just spouting off sensationalistic nonsense to get people talking about him. He is a fraud, pure and simple.
And he's one of those guys who just got a job because he knows people. He doesn't care about his work at all. It seemed like every article he wrote was filled with countless grammatical and spelling errors that he wouldn't even bother to correct hours after the articles had been posted.

His writing style oozes apathy.

Loved his Tales of the Tape column.

The 2010 Breer is not at all missed.

THis is where I'm disappointed. It didn't seem like we got enough of the part in bold. Instead, we got an awful lot of snark.

I agree that we're not seeing nearly as much wonkish detail from him as we used to, and that sucks -- but I'd still rather read a semi-biased article by a guy whom I know knows his stuff than a perfectly blanaced out, agenda-free piece by the vast majority of football writers, who don't even have enough of an understanding of how the game works to do anything but paraphrase the conventional wisdom time and again.

He flat out fell in love with the Parcell's crew in Dallas, seduced I think because they talked to him and other mediots like their opinions and assessment of them matter. Rex tugged at his heartstrings this season for the same reason. Failure to acknowledge media insightfulness and reward remotely kind spin and play the game of making their job easier remains BB's lone true shortcoming, if there is such a shortcoming...

Breer may know x's and o's a little better than the average hardcore fan and certainly the average mediot - and he used that to create a niche. His downfall was beginning to believe he knew them as well or better than guys who make six and seven figures based on having forgotten more than he'll ever know.

It will be hard to fail at the network because they spoon feed their correspondents. But the competition level is exponentially higher than anything he's experienced to date. And they don't tend to embrace egg on the face mistakes in the name of expediency and they don't tolerate much criticism of the shield...

He flat out fell in love with the Parcell's crew in Dallas, seduced I think because they talked to him and other mediots like their opinions and assessment of them matter. Rex tugged at his heartstrings this season for the same reason. Failure to acknowledge media insightfulness and reward remotely kind spin and play the game of making their job easier remains BB's lone true shortcoming, if there is such a shortcoming...

Breer may know x's and o's a little better than the average hardcore fan and certainly the average mediot - and he used that to create a niche. His downfall was beginning to believe he knew them as well or better than guys who make six and seven figures based on having forgotten more than he'll ever know.

It will be hard to fail at the network because they spoon feed their correspondents. But the competition level is exponentially higher than anything he's experienced to date. And they don't tend to embrace egg on the face mistakes in the name of expediency and they don't tolerate much criticism of the shield...

actually bb had a lot of respect for breer intiatially and even gave some 1:1 interviews to him when he was in dallas and with sportingnews...something happened once he came back to boston.

Breer says goodbye

well-bye-o.gif

actually bb had a lot of respect for breer intiatially and even gave some 1:1 interviews to him when he was in dallas and with sportingnews...something happened once he came back to boston.

Yeah, his head swelled and he became a breaking news digger and home team critic. Beating the Hernandez pick into the ground was just the frosting on the cake. Biting the hand that once if not fed him at least treated him fairly by then treating it unfairly in the name of self promotion...

Yeah, his head swelled and he became a breaking news digger and home team critic. Beating the Hernandez pick into the ground was just the frosting on the cake. Biting the hand that once if not fed him at least treated him fairly by then treating it unfairly in the name of self promotion...

Well said.

He will not be missed.

sweet, now unappreciative boston fans can find another beat reporter to hurl insults at.

I thought he was good at times, and some of his stuff was garbage (agreed on the Hernandez coverage), but he worked hard and gave readers plenty to digest.

Seriously, got forbid some Boston fans should have to live in another city. Try sports radio in Denver if you want to completely torture yourself. It's brutal

sweet, now unappreciative boston fans can find another beat reporter to hurl insults at.

I thought he was good at times, and some of his stuff was garbage (agreed on the Hernandez coverage), but he worked hard and gave readers plenty to digest.

Seriously, got forbid some Boston fans should have to live in another city. Try sports radio in Denver if you want to completely torture yourself. It's brutal

God forbid that we actually...well..you know...expect to have an informed and objective football writer for one of the premier teams in the league. Apparently that is asking too much and we should just be happy to just take whatever is thrown at us.

Sorry, but I think we deserve a higher standard in this town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST