PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Rams, Jaguars, 49ers have reached out to show interest in Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please go to Jax or SF....And make it known you need Jimmy to go with you. Yes, please. Imagine the irony if we end up with a 1st and 4th for JG? **** you Roger we just had a year delay.

latest

Out of those places, I feel the Jags would give him the longest time to build something and they already have some talent. But LA and SF are just superior places for his family probably.

Out of those places, I feel the Jags would give him the longest time to build something and they already have some talent. But LA and SF are just superior places for his family probably.

IDK, a couple things in Jacksonville's favor:

• The cost of living is really high in LA and San Fran while the cost of living in Jacksonville is nothing
  • No income tax in Florida and it is high in Cali.

If he leaves I hope he lands in Jacksonville, least dysfunctional out of the three. Shad Khan seems like a good guy too.

SF would be a huge mistake because those idiots don't give anyone any time, they are the ones that ran Jim Harbough out of town after being a dominant team in that division for three straight years and making it to the championship game each year along a SB appearance.

I also think Jax would be a great place for Josh to go, they got the pieces on defense, they just need another WR and a reliable QB and they can start becoming contenders in that weak ass division. The only threat is Tennessee in that division since the Colts are gonna stick with Pagani and the Texans are just a bad team and probably gonna have another mediocre season next year without a good QB unless Bill gives them Jimmy. But I think wherever Josh goes he might take Jimmy with him because he knows the system and has been working with him the last three years.

What's most interesting to me is how McDaniels and Garapollo situations may be related

I think everyone by now knows that McDaniels is only going to go into a situation where he has a high degree of faith that his QB can implement his game plan.

And I think everyone knows that Garapollo is available.

Is Garapollo that guy for McDaniels? If so it basically means that the Pats would be in a very strong negotiating stance to get the most for the de facto trade of the "pair" of them to an organization.

If Garapollo isn't the guy that McDaniels wants, then Garapollo's perceived value may drop.

There's other factors for McDaniels too - the amount of power, amount of cap space for any team needing rebuilding - but if McDaniels is going elsewhere, getting the QB of his choice is part of his price - and it wouldn't be shocking if that QB is the one he knows best after Brady.

If that's the case, you can almost count on getting a 1st and 4th at the very least (if not more for the "pair"), in part because McDaniels himself will support the poetic justice.

If he leaves I hope he lands in Jacksonville, least dysfunctional out of the three. Shad Khan seems like a good guy too.
The sad reality is that of SF, LA and Jacksonville, Khan may be the best ownership of the bunch...

No fan support. Haven't won in years. Ownership seems weak.

The sad reality is that of SF, LA and Jacksonville, Khan may be the best ownership of the bunch...

Yup. He needs to choose carefully. If he doesn't, he may never get another chance. There isn't a great QB in the draft and that's what you need.

Yup. He needs to choose carefully. If he doesn't, he may never get another chance. There isn't a great QB in the draft and that's what you need.
I think the top needs, in order, are:

1 - QB. If they don't have a good starter already, they need one, and there's not gonna be much in FA or the draft. So bringing in Jimmy seems wise.

2 - Ownership. You need to have good owners, period. Not ones who will dump you in a year and give you no shot, or ones who just kiss League Office ass all year long and don't really pay any attention to the team itself.

3 - Cap/draft flexibility and some say in personnel decisions. If you're trading for Jimmy, you need the draft capital to do it and not hurt yourself, and then you're probably signing him to an extension right away I assume, so you need room in the cap for that.

Jacksonville kind of meets these needs but it's not the greatest destination. SF doesn't really. LA doesn't.

• The cost of living is really high in LA and San Fran while the cost of living in Jacksonville is nothing

His salary would be pretty high. I don't think it'd be a problem for him. And it's Jacksonville. If it was Miami, I'd say, go for it. The city, not the team and ownership.

The Niners have a bad owner but they do have pick #2

I'm sure that's the #1 thing a person making north of $5 million a year has on their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST