PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: we have cap space after settling grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we signed Cam Newton last week! :D

Sorry, Cam, we'd like to pay you more, but...

Good ol' BB, playing chess while others play checkers!

See twitter of Field Yates & Mike Reiss

TBF, it's not clear from Reiss that the Patriots won their grievances; it says there were "settlements" that created cap space ($4M for Brown, $2.55M for Hernandez).

TBF, it's not clear from Reiss that the Patriots won their grievances; it says there were "settlements" that created cap space ($4M for Brown, $2.55M for Hernandez).
My bad memory has me thinking AB got to keep 6+ mil for a week's worth of work.

Now go get Njoku and Clowney and what receivers are out there?
Honestly as much as it doesn't seem like a need Mostart in San Fran who is looking for a trade is a back i would drive Sony Michel without a mask to trade for.

The Aaron Hernandez money should go straight into a trust with an unrelated executor to make sure it’s still there for when his daughter turns 18. Just make it disappear for the next decade

Great friggin' news!

I think we should:

- Give Cam a little bonus. He's only friggin' making a million or so...ridiculous.....I know...he signed the contract, but the Pats gave Bennett a raise last year after trading for him.
- Extend Thuney long term.
- Sign some extra competition....

Great friggin' news!

I think we should:

- Give Cam a little bonus. He's only friggin' making a million or so...ridiculous.....I know...he signed the contract, but the Pats gave Bennett a raise last year after trading for him.

Keep Cam’s salary the same and find more talent for him to throw to.

I haven’t followed Clowney. Is he still really good? Would he be worth signing?

Great friggin' news!

I think we should:

A Thuney extension would almost certainly reduce his 2020 cap hit, not inflate it.

Njoku is your example of an inconsistent young TE that will play better later in his career (Martellus Bennett, Eric Ebron).

I’d make the deal for a later pick & have Asiasi & Njoku work the seams with Cam. Have Keene develop as an H-back move type.

Brown got $5 million dollars in the settlement. He probably shouldn't have settled, but that was his choice. Nonetheless, the Patriots didn't "win" that grievance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News