PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon King resigned. [Mod edit: he's re-signed actually, come on Fnord]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am resigned that until the commencement of TC that this type of silliness and be evident daily.. and those on ignore lists will increase exponentially. There might be a respite around draft time, but only a short lived one..

He's resigned? I was hoping he'd stick around darn it. Did he at least write a Sam Hinkie esque resignation letter?
I think Fnord meant King is resigned to playing under his current contract without holding out. Or maybe he's resigned to having his best year so far as a Patriot.

Geez, what loser mod is teasing Fnord in the thread title? What a jerk...
That kind of cheap stunt will never get you on his Ignore List.

You could be right, since DMcC can play corner in emergency/role situations. I'm assuming the same can be said with Richards, too. I still believe another CB will be added via the draft, though.

Personally, I'm not concerned with the fact that they may have six safeties anymore than I am the possibility of six/seven WRs (including Slater). Some of these are ST only roles, and King's may be a good example of that.

I'm not sure it can be assumed that Richards can play CB. Did he at all in college? It might have been just him adjusting to the game, but my main issue with him last year was that he looked slow and unathletic. Tended to either be invisible (good) or a number of yards away from the TE on a big catch just off the top of my memory, so I think he could develop into a good SS if he just plays faster. But his skillset just doesn't seem very cornerback-like to me, even in an emergency situation.

So are hyphens -- as I see somebody pointed out before me.

Apostrophes are a lost art but (not to be a grammar Nazi) "re-signed" is what I think you mean to say.

Enough with the "word crimes" already!

I find it funny that in the context of player-club relations that re-sign and resign mean pretty much the opposite.:)

So are hyphens -- as I see somebody pointed out before me.

Okay! Okay! I brain farted while correcting someone else's grammar.

I stand corrected.

I will not die of shame or commit Japanese ritual suicide over it.

I'm not sure it can be assumed that Richards can play CB. Did he at all in college? It might have been just him adjusting to the game, but my main issue with him last year was that he looked slow and unathletic. Tended to either be invisible (good) or a number of yards away from the TE on a big catch just off the top of my memory, so I think he could develop into a good SS if he just plays faster. But his skillset just doesn't seem very cornerback-like to me, even in an emergency situation.

I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered chatter about him playing some CB in college, with the usual draft day hope that he'd be mixed and matched in certain situations.

Geez, what loser mod is teasing Fnord in the thread title? What a jerk...

Hmmm. After reading this I realize that I read the title incorrectly. I read it as he left the team (resigned) but later changed his mind and re-signed. Now I see that it was actually a correction of the title. Maybe it was just teasing by the mod, but without the correction I read it as the exact opposite of the OP's intent.

Hmmm. After reading this I realize that I read the title incorrectly. I read it as he left the team (resigned) but later changed his mind and re-signed. Now I see that it was actually a correction of the title. Maybe it was just teasing by the mod, but without the correction I read it as the exact opposite of the OP's intent.
I always appreciate a mod's cooperation.

Okay! Okay! I brain farted while correcting someone else's grammar.

I stand corrected.

I will not die of shame or commit Japanese ritual suicide over it.

Reconsider. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick