Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Brady's Greatest Super Bowl Win?

• Super Bowl 36 v STL (MVP, GWD, 145 Yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 86.2 PR)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Super Bowl 38 v CAR (MVP, GWD, 354 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 100.5 PR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Bowl 39 v PHI (GWD, 236 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 110.2 PR)

• Super Bowl 49 v SEA (MVP, GWD, 328 yards, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 101.1 PR)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Super Bowl 51 v ATL (MVP, GWD, 466 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 95.2 PR)

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Super Bowl 53 v LAR (GWD, 262 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 71.4 PR)

• Super Bowl 55 v KAN (MVP, 203 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT, 125.8 PR)

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

crawhammer

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I put this list together:

Brady's greatest regular season = 2007
Brady's greatest postseason = 2014
Brady's greatest overall season = 2016
Brady's greatest unexpected season = 2020
Brady's greatest postseason game = Super Bowl 49 (conquered the Legion of Boom)
Brady's greatest regular season game = Week 17, December 29, 2007 (capped off 16-0)
Brady's greatest quarter = 2nd quarter, October 18, 2009 (5 TD passes vs TEN)
Brady's greatest OT = Super Bowl 51 (completing 28-3 comeback vs ATL)
Brady's greatest pass = 82-yard TD pass to Troy Brown in OT vs MIA in 2003

What do others think? Also, answer the poll question. ty

I put this list together:

Brady's greatest postseason game = Super Bowl 49 (conquered the Legion of Boom)
Brady's greatest regular season game = Week 17, December 29, 2007 (capped off 16-0)
Brady's greatest quarter = 2nd quarter, October 18, 2009 (5 TD passes vs TEN)
Brady's greatest OT = Super Bowl 51 (completing 28-3 comeback vs ATL)
Brady's greatest pass = 82-yard TD pass to Troy Brown in OT vs MIA in 2003

What do others think? Also, answer the poll question. ty
Can't disagree with much of that. I think 2020 is up there for greatest postseasons, dominating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and winning all games on the road... at age 43.

I might have to go with 2001 as greatest unexpected season for obvious reasons. Statistically it wasn't as much as 2020 but what a memory that was seeing this kid drafted in the 6th round take this team where it went.

Last edited:
Brady's greatest postseason game = Super Bowl 49 (vs SEA)
Brady's greatest regular season game = November 18th, 2007 (vs BUF)
Brady's greatest quarter = 4th quarter, February 1st, 2015 (vs SEA)
Brady's greatest OT = Super Bowl 51 (vs ATL)
Brady's greatest pass = 29-yard pass to Rob Gronkowski in 4th quarter vs LAR in Super Bowl 53

Last edited:
Can't disagree with much of that. I think 2020 is up there for greatest postseasons, dominating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and winning all games on the road... at age 43. I'd put

I might have to go with 2001 as greatest unexpected season for obvious reasons. Statistically it wasn't as much as 2020 but what a memory that was seeing this kid take this team where it went.
It was between 2014 and 2020 for greatest postseason for me. In the end, Brady single handily winning against the Ravens with zero running game and doing that to the Legion of Boom gave it the edge.

I do think 2017 would be the answer for greatest postseason if Butler hadn’t been benched.

How about Brady's greatest run...

I was there that night. We lost our minds.

According to Brady:
Brady mentioned one game against the Bills is exactly this for him. It was Week 11 back in 2007.

“I almost giggle every time I think about that game,” Brady said.

In it, Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss completely smoked Buffalo on primetime.

Brady put together a staggering first half while leading his team to touchdowns on the first seven drives. Brady’s stat line after that sequence was as follows: 31 of 39 for 373 yards with five touchdowns, with four to Randy Moss. The final score was 56-10, the Patriots went to 10-0 on the year while the Bills fell to 5-5.

“Because ever since that game, I’m still trying to get back to that point. Because in so many ways, for me, it was a perfect night.” Brady continued: “I don’t think many people would ever think about that game when they think about my career. I don’t think people would go, ‘Man, that Sunday night Buffalo Bills game, that was the one.’ But for me, when I think about it — and I’ve got this big catalog of games — I think, ‘Yep, that was the one.’”

“I don’t think many people would ever think about that game when they think about my career,” Brady added.” I don’t think people would go, ‘Man, that Sunday night Buffalo Bills game, that was the one.’ But for me, when I think about it — and I’ve got this big catalog of games — I think, ‘Yep, that was the one.’”
We were there in Buffalo that night too. We told the Bills fans to go home at halftime, that we'd get the lights on the way out. It was pretty funny, the Bills were not good then, and the Pats, obviously, were running on all cylinders.

For me, the absolute peak Tom Brady was the Atlanta second half. He was amazing, the pinnacle of not-gonna-lose Tom Brady. That night they had to be perfect, and the entire team was. It was sublime, a beautiful example of how great football can be. close runner up is the Seattle game.

The best game I ever saw not just as a PATRIOTS fan but a football fan in general was Superbowl 49.

I think that was his greatest performance against THAT defense

Can't disagree with much of that. I think 2020 is up there for greatest postseasons, dominating the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and winning all games on the road... at age 43.
Given his age and the overall circumstances of the season (new team, COVID, etc.), and the postseason degree of difficulty, the 2020 postseason is definitely near the top. The end result too probably put Mahomes in his rearview mirror for good.

I might have to go with 2001 as greatest unexpected season for obvious reasons. Statistically it wasn't as much as 2020 but what a memory that was seeing this kid drafted in the 6th round take this team where it went.
Can't argue with that choice. Brady flipped the script on a team that was 5-13 with BB and Bledsoe. Enter Brady, then 14-3 with the first Super Bowl championship in franchise history. Ultimately Brady turned the Patriots into the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

I was there that night. We lost our minds.

According to Brady:

We were there in Buffalo that night too. We told the Bills fans to go home at halftime, that we'd get the lights on the way out. It was pretty funny, the Bills were not good then, and the Pats, obviously, were running on all cylinders.

For me, the absolute peak Tom Brady was the Atlanta second half. He was amazing, the pinnacle of not-gonna-lose Tom Brady. That night they had to be perfect, and the entire team was. It was sublime, a beautiful example of how great football can be. close runner up is the Seattle game.
Mac Jones isn't great right now but it definitely could be worse... imagine a team picking JP Losman in the first round like the Bills did. Yikes.

Mac Jones isn't great right now but it definitely could be worse... imagine a team picking JP Losman in the first round like the Bills did. Yikes.
Let's not talk about Mac here. Let's keep it on TB12.

The Bills were a joke then.

Reactions: sb1
I do think 2017 would be the answer for greatest postseason if Butler hadn’t been benched.
Absolutely. And coming off an NFL MVP season too. His stats in that postseason are ridiculous... 377 Y/G. 8 TDs, 0 INT, 108.6 passer rating.

How about this?... From 2014 to 2017 in the postseason he had a combined... 11 games, 346 Y/G & 28 TDs.

And... In his 7 Super Bowl winning postseasons, Brady had 11 game-winning drives in 22 games, half the friggin games won with game-winning drives, which is just an insane stat.

Let's not talk about Mac here. Let's keep it on TB12.

The Bills were a joke then.
It was more about Losman who faced Brady that day.

Man that game was fun to watch. The Patriots could have scored 80 if they wanted to.

It was more about Losman who faced Brady that day.

Man that game was fun to watch. The Patriots could have scored 80 if they wanted to.
Yah, they called off the dogs in the second half. They were at another level that I have not seen anyone come close to since, including them the rest of the year.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

Love that run against the Bears but I'll go with his 7-yard TD run in the snow against the Raiders in the 2001 division round.

Brady had a similar game in a Bucs uniform in 2020, week 16 against Detroit. At halftime Brady had completed 80% of his passes for 348 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INT, and a perfect 158.3 passer rating (1 of 3 times in his career with a perfect passer rating). That day I was hoping he would go after the TD record (7 in one game), because he could have easily passed it, but Gabbert started the second half (and had 2 more TD passes of his own).

As far as the best "Unexpected Season", it may be far from his best statistically but 2013-2014 will always hold a special place in my heart, even if it sucks how it ended at the hands of Manning.

I mean, Brady loses Welker and Hernandez during the offseason, with Gronk's health a topic of continued concern. There were forecasts that the team would go 9-7, even, and I didn't think they'd do any better than 10-6. Then Wes's planned replacement in Amendola gets hurt in Game 1 and is consequently a shell of himself the entire year, and then a ton of major contributors (Wilfork, Vereen, Vollmer, Mayo, et.al) all get sidelined with injuries for extended periods of time. as the season goes on. Nonetheless, Tom essentially led the offense to a 12-4 record, with 5 of those being comebacks, with the ones against the Saints and the OT win against the Broncos being some of the fondest victories I can remember.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back