PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's back! Kraft caved in to the 31! What will you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always said that the Patriots are the only thing that matters. So I will watch whatever game is on TV. But the trip to Foxboro we had planned on for this year is out.

The worst part of Kraft's betrayal is the loss of a first round draft pick. If Belichick is able to trade up and get a high value pick in the second round, then it will be easier for me to move on. If not, then this will always be a tough pill to swallow.

Either way, I'm not gonna hold this against the team. The Pats need our support more than ever, especially Brady after all he's been through

Again, this is my opinion, but based on everything I've read, I don't see this as a "betrayal" by Kraft. It appeared to be a calculated gamble that, in the grand scheme of things, giving up on the first-round pick would make it more likely that Goodell would relent on the punishment of Brady.

Also remember that Goodell himself would be deciding the appeal of the picks, so they were pretty much gone anyways, unless he wanted to file a lawsuit that would have just created acrimony at best.

The picks were gone no matter what but the BS about being in the billionaire boys club and how much it meant to him and all that will never sit right with me. That had to be the most tone deaf crap I've ever heard.

Then he says to the fans I know you won't like this decision but I'm asking you to trust me. That's when I knew with a sickening jolt that not only did I NOT trust him or his decision-making but I never could again. So thanks, Bob!

Kraft lost me when he capitulated and I was ready to stop buying concessions. I wasn't going to stop going because that would spite me.

When he publicly admitted his mistake I somewhat forgave him. It is not the same as it was before but I will not be partaking in any form of boycotting.

I'm done after Brady and Belichick retire. I will never give the NFL another dime, will never go to a game again. I will watch only Pats games this year. I cancelled game rewind and do not have cable.

The NFL lost me and many others over the past few years. It's a shame too, lots of long time fans are done. I have been watching since the late 70's.

Someone needs to do this to the NFL offices. Ideally, Tom Brady!

My temple should be a house of competition.
You have made it into a den of thieves.
Get out!

Again, this is my opinion, but based on everything I've read, I don't see this as a "betrayal" by Kraft. It appeared to be a calculated gamble that, in the grand scheme of things, giving up on the first-round pick would make it more likely that Goodell would relent on the punishment of Brady.

Also remember that Goodell himself would be deciding the appeal of the picks, so they were pretty much gone anyways, unless he wanted to file a lawsuit that would have just created acrimony at best.

I do see it as a serious betrayal, for obvious reasons. But for the sake of argument, let's assume Kraft was trying to help Brady.

If Kraft manages to convince Goodell to change the punishment, what makes you think Brady would just go along with this and accept a reduced suspension.? This puts Kraft in the position of having to persuade Brady to give up his battle for vindication and allow his legacy to be tainted by the League. And that's an even bigger betrayal IMO... because it not only alienates the fans, but also produces a toxic relationship with Brady, whose helped make Kraft hundreds of millions.

I do see it as a serious betrayal, for obvious reasons. But for the sake of argument, let's assume Kraft was trying to help Brady.

If Kraft manages to convince Goodell to change the punishment, what makes you think Brady would just go along with this and accept a reduced suspension.? This puts Kraft in the position of having to persuade Brady to give up his battle for vindication and allow his legacy to be tainted by the League. And that's an even bigger betrayal IMO... because it not only alienates the fans, but also produces a toxic relationship with Brady, whose helped make Kraft hundreds of millions.
This on felger/mazz level of mental gymnastics

Robert Kraft encouraged other owners (Cowboys, Redskins, Saints) to allow Goodell to **** all over the 'entertainment value' for their fans. He has now, twice, allowed Goodell to **** all over the 'entertainment value' for Patriots fans.

You can get emotionally attached to pretty much anything, if you give it a try. There's no need to give that asshat your money. Spend it on someone who respects you.

When Brady's done, I'm done, unless Bob has at least gotten Goodell ousted. It's the least he should do and, when I say least, I mean the very least.

Robert Kraft encouraged other owners (Cowboys, Redskins, Saints) to allow Goodell to **** all over the 'entertainment value' for their fans. He has now, twice, allowed Goodell to **** all over the 'entertainment value' for Patriots fans.

You can get emotionally attached to pretty much anything, if you give it a try. There's no need to give that asshat your money. Spend it on someone who respects you.

When Brady's done, I'm done, unless Bob has at least gotten Goodell ousted. It's the least he should do and, when I say least, I mean the very least.
He allowed bill to draft Jamie Collins who turned out to be a top five linebacker and the best athlete on our defense when some morons wanted to pick garbage safeties instead. So there's that

I hear that, Deus.

Myself, well...I am willing to wait unto Roger has left the NFL. Willing to wait until he thinks everything is LONG LONG forgotten...just when he thinks it's all just a bad memory....

Joker.jpg

I will still go to my one game a year which is an event from northwest Maine or NYC. I will watch every game on TV and not miss one. I will not buy any Pats stuff, but then I have so much, so that's not a loss for me.

What will you do? Because of Kraft's position re; Deflategate. Some said never attend another game. Some said leave after BB and Brady leave the game. Some said never show up form another game. And some said , they are done with the NFL.

So where are you in reality?
After Bob did what he always do, like Spygate i wrote my friend and maybe here that i am done with the pats, but then Brady fighting trough court and i decided that i ll watch games and i ll still root for this team. Draft, presesaon, Edelman, Gronk, Brady, BB and all the other guys who work hard.

But i will never bought anything from this organization and i am planning to attend game, maybe if they ll be playing in London, where i ll be revealing big poster with my friend with Kraft picture:
Spygate, Deflategate,
Robert bendover Kraft
we will never forget

or something like that. Buying Tshirts like North remembers and similar stuff is a must

No tv subscription. No jerseys. No nfl products. No nothing. All about Brady and Belichick. Am more than likely done when they retire.

If I walked into a room and Bob Kraft was standing there I would shake his hand, thank him for making sure this team stayed in Foxboro and not letting them move to St' Louis and the enjoyable ride I've been witness to for the last 21+ years.

-16 Playoff appearences
-14 Division Titles
-10 AFC Championship Games
-7 Super Bowl Appearences
-4 Super Bowl Wins

I'm disappointed with his decision in May, but it does not erase the success this team has achieved under his stewardship in my eyes.

Why the hell do I have to be thankful to Kraft for something he essentially had no hand in ? Yes, he hired BB more than 15 years back but that is pretty much it. Everything that came after has been thanks to decisions made by Bill Belichick. He is riding his coattails, sitting on his lazy ass up in the stands while contributing less than any ball boy or gatorade holder.

And don't give me any of the financing ********. A NFL team finances itself multiple times over. He often talks about "the best fans in the NFL" and Brady/BB as his "extended family" but then chooses the league (i.e. money) repeatedly over defending his own team and fans. If he wasn't so much of an hypocrite and would just acknowledge where his priorities are (i.e. the league) then I could respect him at the very least as a business person.

This!
Right now there are at least some casual fans elsewhere than in NE who read the headlines and perceive Brady as exonerated. Imagine the out of NE reaction had Kraft's influence with Goodell (too funny! you're thinking, I know) gotten TFB down to 0 games. Everyone elsewhere would be saying that Brady was guilty but that the league favors the Patriots, further tainting the team's SB wins.
I'm glad Brady stood alone & prevailed.

What will I do? Try to convince people that Kraft had no recourse to getting his draft picks back. He could have appealed but we all know how that would have gone. The man deserves all the credit in the world for saving football in New England and doesn't deserve scorn for not fighting a lose-lose battle.

I will watch only Patriots games on television. Let the sponsors feel it in their wallets ... I refuse to watch any other games, even MNF, unless it's the Patriots

My thoughts exactly.

Kraft lost me when he capitulated and I was ready to stop buying concessions. I wasn't going to stop going because that would spite me.

When he publicly admitted his mistake I somewhat forgave him. It is not the same as it was before but I will not be partaking in any form of boycotting.

That's fine. I forgave him when we admitted his mistake, but the harm is done, so I will vote with my dollars and steer them clear of the NFL to the best of my abilities, at least until Goodell is gone. I'll be cheering for the Pats and doing what I can to hurt the sponsors in the (perhaps futile) hope of seeing Goodell sent packing:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...s/a-modest-proposal-to-help-roger-go.1123046/

It's really all I can do if I don't want to leave it all behind.

I'm done with the NFL. Period. No games of any kind, not even the Pats'. Kraft has made it quite clear that being part of the league is more important to him than his own team, coaches, players, and fans. Let him reap what the league has sown.

I don't watch wrestling because I don't watch fake sports. Right now, the WWE has more competitive integrity than the NFL. At least they admit the outcomes are predetermined. The NFL hides behind "independent investigations" and "integrity of the game" BS while their personal agendas drive the bus wherever they want it to go.

I hope it all burns to the ground. I'm not naive enough to believe that an organization with actual integrity would step in and fill the void, but at least there's a chance of it.

For those of you that will continue to support and financially support the NFL and the Patriots, I respect your opinion and decision. For those of you that that will only support the Patriots and financially support the Pats I understand that position. For those of you that will support Brady and BB I got it and will leave after they retire I sincerely hope that you find something else. For those of you that are done now because of the NFL or Kraft I wish you would re-consider. Brady and his teammates deserve better than that. I hope you all understand. How could I walk from Brady Edelman or the Gronk after all they have done for us along with our famous BB I ahve been at this since game one in 1960. I am going out with a winner and winners. **** Goodall who has ruin my sport and pleasure. I believe we will survive and we will win the next SB and stick it to every one that hates us.

Go Pats, my favorite team in my favorite sport. Brady , Edelsan and Gronk they are my inspiration they keep me going. I am having trouble waiting for Thursday night.

If they lose, I am still on board it's a long season We will succeed.

GO PATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye