PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's back! Kraft caved in to the 31! What will you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFor those of you that are done now because of the NFL or Kraft I wish you would re-consider. Brady and his teammates deserve better than that. I hope you all understand. How could I walk from Brady Edelman or the Gronk after all they have done for us along with our famous BB I ahve been at this since game one in 1960.

I can only speak for myself, but personally, I'm doing it because I know that the attitude you have is exactly the one the league and Kraft are counting on when they do what they do. They know that it is great for business to vilify one or more of their franchises, and so they make sure to do that at least yearly. It gets the league in the news 24/7/365, and any publicity is good publicity. The fans of the other 31 teams revel in the disgraced team's fall from grace. And (here's where we come in), the fans of the team getting railroaded will rally around the team and spend even more money than they otherwise would.

Bob Kraft's actions are a solid tell, as he shows just enough public outrage to mollify the fan base and keep them rooting for the team, while it's business as usual behind closed doors. He doesn't really care what happens, so long as the dollars keep rolling in, and it's the league that makes the lion's share of the money. The teams make chump change compared to revenue sharing proceeds.

I feel for all the coaches, players, and fans around the league that are under the impression that the NFL is actually a sport league, whose primary mission is to provide a fair and honest sporting competition. Unfortunately, it's become nothing more than an organized entertainment outlet, still cloaked in the remnants of past integrity. The WWE is more honest, IMO.

I can only speak for myself, but personally, I'm doing it because I know that the attitude you have is exactly the one the league and Kraft are counting on when they do what they do. They know that it is great for business to vilify one or more of their franchises, and so they make sure to do that at least yearly. It gets the league in the news 24/7/365, and any publicity is good publicity. The fans of the other 31 teams revel in the disgraced team's fall from grace. And (here's where we come in), the fans of the team getting railroaded will rally around the team and spend even more money than they otherwise would.

Bob Kraft's actions are a solid tell, as he shows just enough public outrage to mollify the fan base and keep them rooting for the team, while it's business as usual behind closed doors. He doesn't really care what happens, so long as the dollars keep rolling in, and it's the league that makes the lion's share of the money. The teams make chump change compared to revenue sharing proceeds.

I feel for all the coaches, players, and fans around the league that are under the impression that the NFL is actually a sport league, whose primary mission is to provide a fair and honest sporting competition. Unfortunately, it's become nothing more than an organized entertainment outlet, still cloaked in the remnants of past integrity. The WWE is more honest, IMO.

I know where you are coming from and this is a valid position. I chose to think that we can change the attitudes of the greedy owners. Yes it will take time. but it has started ask Alan Blank. I also think the NFLPA will grown some balls. Bob Kraft doesn't have to be a ****y either.

I think I'm bouncing. I'm sure I'll be tempted if the Pats are doing well, but this just isn't fun anymore. I half expect to see Brady get sniped on live TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes