PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will be guest on Howard Stern next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people aren’t playing in their 40’s. Ray Lewis retired because he said he realized he was missing milestones for his kids he wouldn’t get back.

Like what, first murder? :confused:

Ok, I agree most defenses and offenses, (the part many forget to point out) are running basic concepts. At the end of the day, the majority of football, especially at the NFL level is winning one on one match ups. I would say, a lot of it is relative, but as we know, some kids are just genetic freaks. At the same time, coaching can and more often than not, is what determines who wins those battles, assuming the players are reasonably comparable in talent, which in the NFL is nearly a guarantee.

The point which you make, is a less experienced QB simplifies the offense, which is the point I apparently did a bad job at making.

That doesn't make a Jarred Stidham offense suddenly become more dangerous than a Tommy led offense, it just makes it more unpredictable, and more likely for young inexperienced receivers to succeed in.

I see the argument. I just can't buy it. I did a comparison of relative WR success in another thread on Brady's comment and I used Ben Roethlisberger as a comparison, because Ben is a gunslinger. ben has had a huge amount of top 3 round WR busts over his career. I question this idea that a certain WR might work better w/ a QB that does not rigidly expect mastery over the offense.

This isn't a comment on Harry. Harry played 6 games here coming off an injury, and he played sparingly in a bad situation where the QB was harassed behind a porous OL. He may very well turn out to be very good--but I firmly believe that if it does happen, it would have happened just as quick if not quicker with Brady.

Brady has seen it all. If a QB isn't on the same page as the WR in this league, that ball is getting intercepted. The windows are too tight.

Last edited:
That interview was hard listening to the questions... Stern babbling on and on trying to add juice to the hopeful answers. It was like Jim gray on steroids.

That interview was hard listening to the questions... Stern babbling on and on trying to add juice to the hopeful answers. It was like Jim gray on steroids.
He’s not a sports guy. Stern is more interested in knowing how Giselle like to get banged than anything football related besides “how do you prepare and win so much”

It's pre-season though so you can't put much stock into it. Defenses are running basic concepts, etc.

That said everyone is a year more experienced. The offense will likely be simpler but due to that the 2nd year players (and any rookies or new WRs added this year) will have an easier time. Meyers, Harry etc will have a higher chance to "look" better though the offense overall probably has a lower ceiling since they are not well-versed in the complexity of it all that was the key to the team's success at times over the years. That's not to say that they can't get there eventually, though. They're all sophomores.

Ok, I agree most defenses and offenses, (the part many forget to point out) are running basic concepts. At the end of the day, the majority of football, especially at the NFL level is winning one on one match ups. I would say, a lot of it is relative, but as we know, some kids are just genetic freaks. At the same time, coaching can and more often than not, is what determines who wins those battles, assuming the players are reasonably comparable in talent, which in the NFL is nearly a guarantee.

The point which you make is a less experienced QB simplifies the offense, which is the point I apparently did a bad job at making.

That doesn't make a Jarred Stidham offense suddenly become more dangerous than a Tommy led offense, it just makes it more unpredictable, and more likely for young inexperienced receivers to succeed in.
I love replies like this. Lets move the goalposts, lets change the subject. Lets try and create chaos. Stay on point, bud. I forgot, you have none. What you stated about receivers and Brady makes no sense.

Or..you either fail to see the point which is probable because you think pre-season is useless. Any person who has ever coached a sport knows the value of TC, pre-season games etc..the NFL is a bit different but it has value nonetheless. To completely dismiss it is foolish.

What I said about WRs holds true. And assuming we have a season we'll find out if Stidham has what it takes.

Or..you either fail to see the point which is probable because you think pre-season is useless. Any person who has ever coached a sport knows the value of TC, pre-season games etc..the NFL is a bit different but it has value nonetheless. To completely dismiss it is foolish.

What I said about WRs holds true. And assuming we have a season we'll find out if Stidham has what it takes.
Again, lots of words with zero valid point. This is what you said that started this:

"Meyers looked promising when playing with Stidham last pre-season and then couldn't get Tommy to give him a glance."

You can move the goalposts all your want, or cite your elaborate coaching experience, but nothing will change the fact that you said that nonsense and that's what I was replying to. To make a few plays in pre season against 3rd stringers in base defense means next to nothing. Brady targeted that undrafted kid plenty, sometimes as much as 10 times in a game. So I can only assume you have no idea what you are talking about or you exaggerated a point you read somewhere. Go look at the targets. Your entire statement is false. What do you want?

Off-topic, but man, Stidham sure does come off as a charming, sharp and all-around nice dude in interviews.

I enjoyed every second of it. I really like Howard, and you can tell he likes Brady. Also, you can tell Brady enjoyed it. He was on for over 2 hours. I thought it was a good interview, Howard asked some decent sports questions, and you can tell they prepared him pretty well (or he did his own research).

What I enjoyed about the interview is just how Brady replies to everything. You can tell he was brought up well, but also he is very intelligent. Some really great, smart answers, without ever being disrespectful. And also showed humility and a great sense of humor. Howard had him cracking up a few times. I just like Howard, so it was enjoyable for me, two of my favorite people.

The ONLY thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was Brady saying he knew it was his last year with the Pats. It makes me think his poor play was due to him basically giving up. Like he wasn’t 100% committed. It’s probably not the case, but it makes me feel like it possibly could be. I don’t think we’ll ever know.

Again, lots of words with zero valid point. This is what you said that started this:

"Meyers looked promising when playing with Stidham last pre-season and then couldn't get Tommy to give him a glance."

You can move the goalposts all your want, or cite your elaborate coaching experience, but nothing will change the fact that you said that nonsense and that's what I was replying to. To make a few plays in pre season against 3rd stringers in base defense means next to nothing. Brady targeted that undrafted kid plenty, sometimes as much as 10 times in a game. So I can only assume you have no idea what you are talking about or you exaggerated a point you read somewhere. Go look at the targets. Your entire statement is false. What do you want?

A bit presumptuous of you but seeing how Jakobi's season high was 9 targets, it's hard to put stock in it the rest of your post. He had 3 more targets on the season than Rex Burkhead, so clearly he was a beacon out there for Brady.

I have no idea how old you are but there was a time when people were taught to observe, process their own thoughts on what they observed and form their own opinion. I didn't read anything related to Brady and his relationships with his receivers. It was obvious what was going on to any one who paid attention.

You can have the last word, I get it you're but hurt Brady is gone. Most of us don't like it, but trying to pretend that the offensive struggles were purely lack of talent last year and had nothing to do with Brady pouting is just burying your head in the sand.

She's not. Complaining your husband isn't at home enough while he's building an absolutely legendary sports career isn't exactly 'trad.
She's building a legendary career of her own. I think that in that family, Tom's career is not the only number one priority.

Last edited:
Weak. Incomplete point. Brady was bad last year. No excuses, thx. The pick 6 against Miami... sanu was wide open over the middle.

No but it's a partnership. She can't see what his career is? Kinda obvious. Like shes the only mom to drive her kids? She signed up for that job. Just do it, that's all. I really don't want to discuss his personal life.
How do you know what she signed up for? How do you know what he signed up for? They're both equally successful, at the very top of their respective careers.

Brady is sucking the air out of every room.
Brady Brady Brady Brady and more Brady.
A Narcissists. A boastful, arrogant, egotistical, egocentric maniac

Brady is sucking the air out of every room.
Brady Brady Brady Brady and more Brady.
A Narcissists. A boastful, arrogant, egotistical, egocentric maniac

Brady told me to tell you: stop texting and sending “I’m sorry” letters.

He’s moved on.

Brady told me to tell you: stop texting and sending “I’m sorry” letters.

He’s moved on.

I wish he moved on. Everywhere I go on the Internet or radio it's Brady this or Brady that.

How do you know what she signed up for? How do you know what he signed up for? They're both equally successful, at the very top of their respective careers.
This. In fact it’s so stupid. In the grand scheme of things, Giselle was famous before Brady. She was the biggest Super Model in the world, the face of Victoria Secrets, dating Leo, and you couldn’t walk into a single store in the country without seeing her on a magazine cover.... BEFORE she ever met Brady. Think of it this way, when her country hosted the Olympics they had her do a cat runway walk because she was such an icon for her country.

So I don’t know where people think the agreement ever was that she was going to take a back seat and hold down the fort for Tom. She legitimately is the bread winner in her family and she solidified herself as an icon in her industry before Tom won his first MVP.

It really makes no sense to think there was some agreement that Tom was going to have the career that took precedence. If anything, she didn’t complain until her husband turned 40, already accomplished everything he could have asked for and their kids were starting to grow up. Like I don’t think either went in expecting Tom to want to rewrite the records on how old a QB could play for. It just happened

Off-topic, but man, Stidham sure does come off as a charming, sharp and all-around nice dude in interviews.

His wife is an IG celebrity already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye