PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Went Back To His (Illegal Next Year) Old Helmet After The Bye/Playoffs/Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bresna

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was re-watching the Super Bowl tonight and I noticed that Brady was wearing his old - illegal next year - helmet. I thought that was weird, so I played back the two playoff games. Both were played with the old helmet. Hmmm...

Well, a Google search seems to show that Brady switched back to his old helmet after the bye. Weird but notable. For someone who is supposed to be superstitious, it is notable.

Makes complete sense why he would then from the superstitious standpoint

It’s been said that he’s going to petition the league to allow him to continue wearing it.

Gostkowski wore the same old style helmet as TFB in the soup.

#HelmetGate?

Brady said there’s nothing wrong with the new “hat”, it just looks ugly

I was re-watching the Super Bowl tonight and I noticed that Brady was wearing his old - illegal next year - helmet. I thought that was weird, so I played back the two playoff games. Both were played with the old helmet. Hmmm...

Well, a Google search seems to show that Brady switched back to his old helmet after the bye. Weird but notable. For someone who is supposed to be superstitious, it is notable.

Makes complete sense why he would then from the superstitious standpoint
The old helmet for Brady might not be a matter of "superstition" as much as simple comfort.

#HelmetGate?

One of the locals (Curran, maybe) said that Brady feels that he hears the communications from the coaches better in the old helmet. I can't find any link to it, but maybe someone will be able to second what I've just posted.

One of the locals (Curran, maybe) said that Brady feels that he hears the communications from the coaches better in the old helmet. I can't find any link to it, but maybe someone will be able to second what I've just posted.

Jared Goff saw that and is wondering if he can also get an exemption.

Meh, the title of the article lol.

Let players wear whatever helmet they fit it’s comfortable.
Such a multi billion dollar company should be able to make custom helmets for most of their players.

Parity...

#HelmetGate?

Not surprised. Father Time may be struggling to catch up with the guy, but he's still an older player and it's not a shock that a 40+ year old man can get a little set in his ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes