PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady WEEI interview 11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
It Is What It Is » Tom Brady on D&C: ?You don?t have long to grieve in the NFL?
“As athletes, we have the biggest influence on the game,” Brady said. “You hate for it to come down to a decision that’s out of your hands. It was really one play in the game. And we shouldn’t have really even been in that situation. The most frustrating part is just that we had plenty of opportunities to win that we didn’t take advantage of. So, you hate to come out of the game and blame something that’s out of your control, whether you agree with it or don’t agree with it.

“I’m sure everyone has their own feelings on it. My own personal feeling is yeah, there’s frustration. I was certainly frustrated at the moment it happened. But also going to the locker room and understanding that we really blew the chances that we had, that’s more the overriding factor for me.”

Brady insisted Bill Belichick did not directly tell the players to avoid discussing the controversy.

“He didn’t say anything,” Brady recalled. “He just said, ‘We played hard, hold your head high, we’ve got our whole season ahead of us, let’s not make any excuses and move on.”

The veteran quarterback acknowledged he’s never seen a short throw called an uncatchable ball as it was Monday.

“No, I haven’t. I’m sure there’s a first time for everything,” Brady said. “We get our fair share of calls, and we don’t [get others]. Referees never want to be in that position, either, where they have to make a judgment call like that. They wish it would not come down to that, either, I’m sure, because they don’t want to play that kind of role in the game. They did, that was that situation. They made a call, and then they overturned the call. I guess being in the NFL for as long as I’ve been in, you see kind of everything. It so happened, and we’re going to have to move on.

“You don’t have long to grieve in the NFL. You feel crappy for the flight home, and then you start evaluating what we need to do better. And certainly we’re on to Denver at this point.”
I dont know what fans are watching or listening to when they complain about patriots being whiners and all. Cant stop appreciating our QB/Coach more with these type of statements.

Man, one day he will make a fine politician... a senator perhaps ;)

they really did play hard - I think from an effort standpoint this year's team has been one to be proud of..

they really did play hard - I think from an effort standpoint this year's team has been one to be proud of..

I thought the offense looked great. In fact, I wasn't even worried when Carolina scored because I knew we'd get the ball back and they couldn't seem to stop us. Then my husband pointed out there was less than a minute in the game. I could not believe how fast that game flew by. I thought we had PLENTY of time and I could not have been more wrong.

I thought the offense looked great. In fact, I wasn't even worried when Carolina scored because I knew we'd get the ball back and they couldn't seem to stop us. Then my husband pointed out there was less than a minute in the game. I could not believe how fast that game flew by. I thought we had PLENTY of time and I could not have been more wrong.

it was a great game for both teams for 59 minutes and 57 seconds, refs ruined the final 3 seconds.

Do you think he was this diplomatic on the field when he went up the Ref? People are referring to his on field complaints to the Refs. Pretty straight-forward. He's certainly not as bad as Manning though.

Do you think he was this diplomatic on the field when he went up the Ref? People are referring to his on field complaints to the Refs. Pretty straight-forward. He's certainly not as bad as Manning though.

I was saying the same thing to that Ref from the comfort of my recliner. :mad:
Heat of the moment. He's human just like the rest of us. I would have said much worse if it was me, :p and Roger Jetdell would have fined me $100K.

I hope they're still seething about this, personally. I want to see a pissed off team this Sunday night.

I hope they're still seething about this, personally. I want to see a pissed off team this Sunday night.
I don't. I want to see a focussed, disciplined and prepared team. Anger does not make you play better.

I think that is exactly the case. As Brady said it cuts both ways and they bear the bulk of the responsibility for not closing teams out but i think they have seen two games that should have been wins go the other way and they are going to play with a chip on their shoulder and a desire to put their boot on the throats of their opponents going forward. They may not be as talented as the 2007 team but if they get the same hair across their asses they could be very good when it matters most.

Iam sure half of the other league players and QBs if this has happened to them they would be still complaining to the media. Heck, the ravens are still complaining someone tried to pull the power in the SB !!! And they call the pats and brady as whiners..

But not a pissed off team committing stupid, costly penalties.

Brady WEEI interview today

I've a coworker who is a Saints fan saying the Pats are cheaters. I just asked if the Saints use Bounty in their locker room...

But not a pissed off team committing stupid, costly penalties.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a team that's going to come out with a fire in their bellies offensively and a team that's going to be looking to lay the wood defensively.

Iam sure half of the other league players and QBs if this has happened to them they would be still complaining to the media. Heck, the ravens are still complaining someone tried to pull the power in the SB !!! And they call the pats and brady as whiners..

I would go further, and say that all of the QB's of all of the other NFL teams would have reacted the same. Plus this would have be just as big of a controversy to the fans of any other NFL city.

The results of the complaining would be the same... The game would still be lost, and a bunch of games coming up that the un-call has no impact on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST