Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On ESPN, Tom Brady addresses Gisele Bundchen's concussion comments, his mom's health, more | weei.com
The soon-to-be 40-year-old was asked how long he plans on playing, and he gave the same answer he's given in the past -- his mid-40s.

“There’s always a disclaimer. My mid-40s I have always said, so naturally that is 45, but football is a contact sport," Brady said. "I don’t think you can take anything for granted in football. Things happen. It’s just part of the sport. I would love to continue playing at that level. As long as I keep playing well and committed to it, I will keep doing it. I know I have a lot left in me.”

Brady also said his wife will continue to support him no matter how long he wants to play.

“She’ll support me as long as I continue to want to play," he said. "She’s like my mom, the two of them sitting next to each other in the suite watching me get hit all day, I’m sure is not fun. They know how well I take care of myself, too.”

Can we stop the nonsense on this board now?

Hope he's being honest. But, again, this is not a man that would announce a retirement tour either. Either way, taken at face value it's good news. Brady had one of the finest seasons in his career last year. Sign me up for more of those.
Why wouldn't he be honest?
There is a vast middle ground between throw me a retirement party and I want to play 5 more years and my wife fully supports that.

Why wouldn't he be honest?
There is a vast middle ground between throw me a retirement party and I want to play 5 more years and my wife fully supports that.
Because saying 45 means that he doesn't have to deal with a blitzkrieg of questions like Favre did. And it's been quite effective thus far. Again, do you expect him to come right out and tell the world when he plans to retire or announce it? You think he's that kind of guy? 45 is just a way of side stepping that so the noise isn't on him as long as possible. And I say this as someone that truly hopes he can play at this level for another five years. But to take this statement, in which he still leaves himself a ton of wiggle room, as anything but a political type of answer on this question is folly.

This still doesn't address the main problem according to fans of other teams. Why Tom Brady sits when he pees.:confused:

Because saying 45 means that he doesn't have to deal with a blitzkrieg of questions like Favre did. And it's been quite effective thus far. Again, do you expect him to come right out and tell the world when he plans to retire or announce it? You think he's that kind of guy?
Do you think he is the kind of guy that would spend years just telling repeated bald faced lies about the subject? (Including lying to his father in the quote in my signature)

Because saying 45 means that he doesn't have to deal with a blitzkrieg of questions like Favre did. And it's been quite effective thus far. Again, do you expect him to come right out and tell the world when he plans to retire or announce it? You think he's that kind of guy? 45 is just a way of side stepping that do the noise isn't on him as long as possible. And I say this as someone that truly hopes he can play at this level for another five years. But to take this statement, in which he still leaves himself a ton of wiggle room, as anything but a political type of answer on this question is folly.
Again there is a large gap between what he said and saying he is retiring.
There really is zero evidence of any intention to retire. This idea of him making this up because he doesn't want a retirement tour is a creation of the assumption he is retiring, of which there is absolutely zero evidence.
He literally came out and said it greatest detail that his wife supports him playing as long as he wants to.
What you are doing is creating something (that he wants to retire) and then your "proof" is that he says he isn't but why would he say he is.

I don't believe his wife fully supports him playing.
Her comments say quite the opposite.
That said I wouldn't doubt his love for football is as strong if not stronger than his love for Giselle.

Can we stop the nonsense on this board now?
Andy, if you want the nonsense stopped there is exactly one thing you need to do and that's to STFU about it. You and Ivan are the only guys in your own private little universe overreacting to everyone who considers long term options as if they want to murder the GOAT in the streets.

If you chilled the hell out, and stopped overreacting to people who realize that years will exist in the future that are not 2017, this forum would be a much quieter place almost immediately.

I don't believe his wife fully supports him playing.
Her comments say quite the opposite.
That said I wouldn't doubt his love for football is as strong if not stronger than his love for Giselle.
It is possible to disagree with someone yet still support them.

I posted the ESPN version of this article (it's from months ago, we all missed it) in the thread next door... something GOAT related or even a side-track in the E-lie memorabilia thread.

You should go to the full ESPN article to enhance your already turgid support of TFB.

This settles one thing for sure: Tom Brady intends to play football for a long time.

The longer ESPN article gives you a great idea of just how humble the guy is, at least in the context of an interview... and how much he remembers being a backup on a winless team then a starter on a .500 team in high school... etc. Really good stuff. Really, REALLY special player.

And everybody knows it. That was never the question or the conversation. So I don't know what you're putting to rest.

He really wants to play as long as possible, and we all want him to, with an asterisk: if/when the decline comes, BB can call closing time on him. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here. No nonsense in that; common sense.

Says the guy who is completely obsessed with **** stirring the nonsense. :)
Respecting Brady's greatness, including current and his value to this franchise is not nonsense.

Andy, if you want the nonsense stopped there is exactly one thing you need to do and that's to STFU about it. You and Ivan are the only guys in your own private little universe overreacting to everyone who considers long term options as if they want to murder the GOAT in the streets.

If you chilled the hell out, and stopped overreacting to people who realize that years will exist in the future that are not 2017, this forum would be a much quieter place almost immediately.
You are the leader of the nonsense club

You have the most colossal set of gonads of anyone I've ever seen in my nearly 7 decades on this earth. Mother of God, you are f###### amazing. You must live in an alternate universe. Holy ****...
Because after people spent weeks posting that Brady's wife is going to make him retire, I post his direct statement that she is in board with him playing as long as he wants?
Ok pal.

I posted the ESPN version of this article (it's from months ago, we all missed it) in the thread next door... something GOAT related or even a side-track in the E-lie memorabilia thread.

You should go to the full ESPN article to enhance your already turgid support of TFB.

This settles one thing for sure: Tom Brady intends to play football for a long time.

The longer ESPN article gives you a great idea of just how humble the guy is, at least in the context of an interview... and how much he remembers being a backup on a winless team then a starter on a .500 team in high school... etc. Really good stuff. Really, REALLY special player.

And everybody knows it. That was never the question or the conversation. So I don't know what you're putting to rest.

He really wants to play as long as possible, and we all want him to, with an asterisk: if/when the decline comes, BB can call closing time on him. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here. No nonsense in that; common sense.
You must have missed the dozens, maybe hundreds of comments about how his wife is going to force him to retire or how her interview was a shrewd way of forcing him to, blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back