PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady signs deal with Aston Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more accurate to say that James Bond is no Tom Brady...

Wow I know there were rumors of not being a Patriot after this season but what city does this new expansion team Aston Martins belong to? And what a start for a new NFL team to nab Brady from the gate, wonder what kinda picks we got

He is always giving free Uggs to teammates - just saying ...,
He won't be giving out freaking Aston Martins to his teammates.

Tom stick to being a QB in the NFL and tell your wife to keep her mouth shut and stick to smiling when needed.

Tom should endorse something with a lower carbon footprint!

;)

49eab36a928b5f33fd41e5e0c28fc3d31.jpg

Good for Brady, but I am one of those people that couldn't fathom buying any car that cost six figures etc even if I were a billionaire. At the end of the day, I want a dependable car to transport me from point a to point b.

Not walking is the luxury I want from a car lol.

Good for Brady, but I am one of those people that couldn't fathom buying any car that cost six figures etc even if I were a billionaire. At the end of the day, I want a dependable car to transport me from point a to point b.

Not walking is the luxury I want from a car lol.

Same here. Maybe it's the frugal college professor mindset or my upbringing on a farm where we grew/raised our own vegetables, meat, milk, butter, wheat, etc. and so the pantry and fridge were more filled with home-canned goods than store-bought things.

Why drive a car more expensive than a Honda, if ours have been relatively trouble-free with 350,000 miles and 175,000 miles on them?

Why buy a watch more expensive than a Seiko, which looks nice, last for 10 years+ and costs $75?

Why buy a house with more bedrooms than we'd ever fill?

I'd rather travel more or retire with more than have showy stuff than doesn't really do anything for me.

Oh I'm sure it would be fun to drive a super car, but my 6-mile route to work has max speed limits of 40 mph. the interstates are too crowded to get over 75 even if you wanted to. What's the point of driving something that can theoretically go 180 mph but you'd need to rent out a racetrack or drive to Wyoming to experience it? South Florida is ritzy and I see McLarens, Ferraris, and other super cars all the time. My thought is always "my kid will go 4 years to Cornell for just the difference of what you paid for your McLaren and what I paid for my Honda Accord."

But then again I'm not banking what Tom is, so I guess when money is no consideration then the mind works differently.

Last edited:
Guy bleeds rings..and $$

Same here. Maybe it's the frugal college professor mindset or my upbringing on a farm where we grew/raised our own vegetables, meat, milk, butter, wheat, etc. and so the pantry and fridge were more filled with home-canned goods than store-bought things.

Why drive a car more expensive than a Honda, if ours have been relatively trouble-free with 350,000 miles and 175,000 miles on them?

Why buy a watch more expensive than a Seiko, which looks nice, last for 10 years+ and costs $75?

Why buy a house with more bedrooms than we'd ever fill?

I'd rather travel more or retire with more than have showy stuff than doesn't really do anything for me.

Oh I'm sure it would be fun to drive a super car, but my 6-mile route to work has max speed limits of 40 mph. the interstates are too crowded to get over 75 even if you wanted to. What's the point of driving something that can theoretically go 180 mph but you'd need to rent out a racetrack or drive to Wyoming to experience it? South Florida is ritzy and I see McLarens, Ferraris, and other super cars all the time. My thought is always "my kid will go 4 years to Cornell for just the difference of what you paid for your McLaren and what I paid for my Honda Accord."

But then again I'm not banking what Tom is, so I guess when money is no consideration then the mind works differently.
You're older and married for single guys looking for a good time it's a status thing. At a glance....ohhh he's loaded. That said I agree with you entirely and even if I was a billionaire I would be driving a 40k car tops. I would so much rather see the world, set up my kids for college etc. Hot 20 someodds throwing themselves at you does have appeal though

Flaunt it if you got it. I always wanted a Shelby AC Cobra and couldn't afford one. I got within about $500 and living on Raman noodles indefinitely with a Porsche 912. If I could swing it I would be all over one of these. Of course, I would need TB to autograph it or the deal is off. If you love the motors there is no cure. Pragmatism is only forced on me due to insufficient funds when it comes to automobiles.

Speaking of James Bond, Roger Moore passed away today. He was a favorite of mine- all the charm in the world with a side of comedy. Not many agreed with this interpretation but I bought it, enthusiastically.

At the risk of adding 100 more pages to this thread, while Moore had zip when it came to actual physical performance, he did ace the charm aspect of the character. Daniel Craig on the other hand, while bringing top notch physical performance, scores zero on charm, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back