PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Set for "Drastic" Decline According to Some Assistants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe that there will be some massive and sudden drop in performance like we saw with Manning. I think Brady will eventually decline but it will be slow and would still keep him in the top echelon of QB's for years. It will be up to him and BB to determine if that is still good enough. And there is no reason to believe this is the year it starts.
Brady's decline will begin when his interception totals begin to go up. That's when we'll start to see it.

There has been zero indication to date of any decline at all. He's actually considerably more mobile than he used to be, and his long ball was very good last year too.

My main concern is time to recover from any injury. For normal people this definitely slows down considerably with age. Maybe Brady is an outlier on this front too; maybe not. Manning never really recovered completely from his neck injury, and at the end had very clear arm weakness.

Brady of course is less dependent on athleticism than any other QB, so he is correspondingly better able to compensate for any injury or age-related decline. And he clearly knows how to fall and be sacked and when to throw the ball away - he would never ever have suffered the injury JG did last year trying to extend the play.

Schitzophenia. Brady will be MVP and lead Pats to Superbowl one minute, aging man in decline the next

Some assistance? Even Goodell, son of Satans (owners) tried. There's no stopping TB, not even for Father Time.

Some assistance? Even Goodell, son of Satans (owners) tried. There's no stopping TB, not even for Father Time.

That's it. He's not dealing with any of the hoopla BS he has dealt with over the last two seasons. It's all about football this year.

Did they qualify which team the "assistant" worked for? Was this an assistant with the Jets or 345 Park Ave or some assistant to an intern at some media outlet?

That's it. He's not dealing with any of the hoopla BS he has dealt with over the last two seasons. It's all about football this year.

Yup, football and a book tour.;)

I swear people just hit copy and paste every year with this ****toli. Then will play the told ya card that one year it is correct. Not saying it won't happen, but man you'd think people would get tired of Brady making them look like total morons.

I would love to have a feature that filters out any news stories with unnamed sources.

This is one of those things that will probably be true eventually (unless he retires soon while at the top of his game), but we have no idea of when really. Other than the fact that 40>39, we have no real evidence of Brady declining yet. If anything he threw better in the Super Bowl as the game went on, in a game where he set the single game SB passing record, which doesn't really make sense if he's breaking down physically OMG ANY SECOND NOW. People were trying to get in front of Brady's decline back in 2013 so it's not going to stop now.

The bigger risk IMO is that Brady gets hurt and simply can't recover quickly at 40 like he could at 30.

My 100% unscientific guess is that Brady has an elite 40 year old season like Favre did, but after that everything is up in the air. Favre got fat in the off-season and abused oxy so I don't see why Brady can't match that longevity with his clean living, but even for young players there is an element of luck involved in avoiding season-derailing injury.

Agreed, that's exactly it: when Brady's decline happens--and I don't think anyone knows when it will--it'll start with an injury that he might have been able to overcome earlier in his career, and then it will compound from there. Sure, it's possible it happens this year. It's possible it doesn't happen for another 3. We just can't know.

Keep saying it till it is true. I have said before that IMO 43 will be Brady's last elite year and 44 will be the year he is no longer elite though he has a few good ones here and there.

I think it is fair to say he will not have the quality stats he had last year 14/1 TD/Int ratio and a 112 QB rating is likely not repeatable even if Cooks and Gronk are healthy all year.

I don't think we can use that as a measurement stick.

I would say if he goes below a 4/1 TD/Int ratio or a 100 passer rating you can start to discuss if he fell off.

It is amazing we have to set standards that high and if he goes below it then it is arguably disappointing.

Last edited:
I would love to have a feature that filters out any news stories with unnamed sources.
What good would that do with all the hawttakes? Bullshite is bullshite sourced or unsourced.

They must be Bills, Jets & Fins coaches bc their fan bases have been saying these types of foolish things since 2005.

Brady might throw for 40 TD'S this year.

When's the last you felt this confident about our oline?

Healthy Gronk who for the first time in a few years actually looks like Gronk.

We added a top 3, arguably the best deep threat in the game.

Stable of versatile backs.

I'm not predicting 19-0 but if we stay healthy we're going to be impossible to stop on offense.

Tom isn't playing 1 on 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore