PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Set for "Drastic" Decline According to Some Assistants

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Here we are again. LOL I'm not upset, just amused. Discuss, Pats fam. Mods, merge if this is a re-post.

Some NFL Assistants Believe Tom Brady Will ‘Dramatically Age’ In 2017

“Some assistant coaches believe time is the only thing that can beat Brady, and they expect him to dramatically age this season. They believe it will be highly noticeable. That isn’t my view, but some people in the sport feel that way.

This is one of those things that will probably be true eventually (unless he retires soon while at the top of his game), but we have no idea of when really. Other than the fact that 40>39, we have no real evidence of Brady declining yet. If anything he threw better in the Super Bowl as the game went on, in a game where he set the single game SB passing record, which doesn't really make sense if he's breaking down physically OMG ANY SECOND NOW. People were trying to get in front of Brady's decline back in 2013 so it's not going to stop now.

The bigger risk IMO is that Brady gets hurt and simply can't recover quickly at 40 like he could at 30.

My 100% unscientific guess is that Brady has an elite 40 year old season like Favre did, but after that everything is up in the air. Favre got fat in the off-season and abused oxy so I don't see why Brady can't match that longevity with his clean living, but even for young players there is an element of luck involved in avoiding season-derailing injury.

LOL people say this crap every season. One day they will be right. Until then? They can kindly **** off.

NESN takes a throwaway line from another article, that the original author notes but disagrees with. Then they sensationalize it with a headline highlighting that throwaway line, completely taking the original column out of context.

Bravo NESN, here is your clickbait trophy.

On a side note, why would somebody presume there would be a 'drastic' dropoff if there was none the previous year? Law of averages? Wishful thinking? Figuring that at some point in time they will be correct, and then be able to say 'I told you so'?

Hopefully these unnamed assistant coaches will assume there will indeed be a big dropoff as they prepare to play the Patriots this season.

I do not believe that there will be some massive and sudden drop in performance like we saw with Manning. I think Brady will eventually decline but it will be slow and would still keep him in the top echelon of QB's for years. It will be up to him and BB to determine if that is still good enough. And there is no reason to believe this is the year it starts.

When Brady does well again then they repeat this garbage the year after. Since most mediots wanted him benched after the KC blowout a couple years ago Brady has won two Super Bowls. Brady will know before anyone if he will decline and he will retire before embarrassing himself like other qbs have done before.

Who's assistant coaches? The Pats? The Jets? If it is coming from another team's staff, who cares? It is partial wishful thinking and people talking about just historical trends and have no inside knowledge of Brady's conditioning and skill set going into training camp.

If it comes from a Pats' assistant, then it might be a little concerning. But based on the article, it isn't. It is just assistants from around the league.

That's fine give the maniacal, competitive, TB 12 more fuel to prove his doubters wrong.

Really well resourced and researched article, thanks for posting it. I'm much more concerned knowing some guy somewhere thinks Brady will drop off.

This is great news. Let's hope Brady hears this and gets pissed off and just does what he does, goes out their and performs like he does. I'm glad this has came out, as it'll fire the GOAT up. Blitz for Six

Yep, this is absolute Fox "News" Fake News.

Anonymous sources =======>>>> Fake news
I suspect Rob Ryan was one source....after snorting 3/4 of a pound of coke and piercing his nipples. I could be wrong.

Figuring that at some point in time they will be correct, and then be able to say 'I told you so'?

It's this one. It started in 2013 when Brady was throwing to scrubs all the time because of injuries and Welker's departure and his stats declined 10% or whatever.

HOT TAKE ALERT!!!

One day, Tom Brady won't be as good a quarterback as he was last year.

Big if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back