PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady puts Brookline home on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
will this be the first time Brady is a FA?

What does it mean when any celebrity sells their home?

Obviously, they're in financial trouble.

Hey, it's more plausible than Brady going to play for the jest.
33847-3457048Fr.jpg
"Whatever man, I'm wine with it

--I mean fine with it."

"...And now to the 10th hole, with Peter Kostis and Tom Brady."

"Thank you Jim. It's been a rough day here as too many shots have gotten away, particularly for the younger players perhaps not used to these greens, right Tom?"

"Well that's true; It's tough enough to make par, but it sure seems like Gisele's bikini wax was used on this green."

"-Oh my God, I'm glad this isn't Augusta!"

"This is Augusta, Peter. What? What'd I say?"

"Nothing, nevermind. I'm going to go dunk my head in the drink."

"Well then I'm going to work on my tan in the south bunker. I knew I was right to bring my Armani's."

"I'm so sorry about this, Jim. Why don't you take over now. Please."

CBS Executive Board Room, four hours later:

"All right. First: What the hell was Chandler Jones doing in Georgia, anyway? And why the hell was Brady hanging out with him on a Sunday morning, before the final round of our biggest tournament of the year? And what the hell is 'synthetic weed'? Didn't this Jones guy learn anything? Jesus, it's like they want Tom kicked out of broadcasting so he can go back to playing for the Patriots!!"

"...You may be onto something there, sir..."
Man, those edibles really sneak up on ya!:p

A thought that should have been the first one that came out with the announcement of the Brady's selling their home in Brookline and the deal that was done. More likely this would signal Brady's retirement after this season than moving on to another team.

Just sayin'

The patriots could have franchised Brady with the idea of restructuring. When that didn't work out, they could have worked out a conditional trade.

That would have been merely and implied threat at BEST if it had been left in contract. Can you create any scenario where the Pats would take on a cap charge of over $35MM for a 43 year old QB. It would be a cap killer of immense proportions. In or out, it was never going to happen.

A thought that should have been the first one that came out with the announcement of the Brady's selling their home in Brookline and the deal that was done. More likely this would signal Brady's retirement after this season than moving on to another team.

Just sayin'
All I think it implies is a savvy 42 year old keeping his options open.

The patriots could have franchised Brady with the idea of restructuring. When that didn't work out, they could have worked out a conditional trade.
Of course every supposition that's being discussed IS a possibility. I'm not saying the move doesn't open a few lines of narrative. But Christ, after 20 years of obscene success, I'm on a year to year basis as well.

All I DO know is that we have a good QB for this fairly typical Pats team. It looks like a team made up of very good, but not elite or nationally known players, which is very deep at most, but not all positions, but I'm guessing our questions mark areas are a lot fewer than 90% of the rest of the league.

Bottom line: I think we have a good chance to see another successful season that will last until at LEAST mid to late January. I can live with that. I'll worry about the future when the 2020 season begins....NOT a second before. ;)

How does moving his family to Manhattan square with joining a new team if his whole priority as he’s said recently is to be more of a family man. Neither of the two New Jersey teams are in the market for a QB so he’d be dumping his family there and then moving to Tennessee or something. I don’t see it.

So a person who can afford 39,500,000 doesn't realize that's pretty much $40,000,000
thinking-face_1f914.png

We need a FFS rating for some of this thread

Want to know where Tommy is playing next year? Watch and see if Josh gets a head coaching gig. They'll be a package deal.

edited to add: For example, Jason Garrett is a dead man walking and they don't want to pay Dak.

Want to know where Tommy is playing next year? Watch and see if Josh gets a head coaching gig. They'll be a package deal.

edited to add: For example, Jason Garrett is a dead man walking and they don't want to pay Dak.
LMFAO
Josh isn't going anywhere.
Certainly not Dallas.

LMFAO
Josh isn't going anywhere.
Certainly not Dallas.
Going from Kraft to Jerry Jones who is a egomaniac yeah right they have a head coach in waiting in Kris Richard.
Dallas will be a good team despite Garret this year.
They have a Garret Gilbert as a OC only place for the offense to go is up and the defense is very good.

I believe the Franchise tag part is a side effect of spreading dollars out over 3 years. It's not that there is no franchise tag it's that he's not a free agent he has a 3 year deal. I don't think you can void the years after the season but before franchise tag window. So to write the contract this way so that both TB gets a raise and the team can save cap $ they had to eliminate this useless option. The media just latches onto this because franchise tag is a buzz word.

tenor.gif

Brady's new contract is technically a two-year extension through the 2021 season, but 2020 and 2021 are void years, a source told ESPN's Field Yates. That is similar to the Saints' five-year extension with quarterback Drew Brees in 2016 that included three void years, which essentially made it a two-year deal.

So Brady and the Patriots will have to revisit negotiations before the end of the 2019 league year to extend the contract, and it is expected they will do so. The Patriots have agreed not to use the franchise tag on Brady, according to a source.

Brady: Age, tenure put him in 'uncharted' area

Or, he's buying a place in Lafayette to hang with Montana.
85189c4310c17b85aac2746904e7d4cf--wvu-sports-boston-sports.jpg
Look at those sweet ass uniforms.

That crazy dude who’s always talking about the throwbacks is going to go nuts when he sees this.

Could it simply mean that he is just flipping his $40 million house for another house he will flip???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back