PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady puts Brookline home on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.
6zEXQKa.gif

giphy.gif

Patriots think Brady is bluffing about leaving or retiring. He’s caved in the past but he’s certainly making it look like he won’t this time.
he is playing this year.. he will be 43 next year.. I mean either he plays or he doesn't.. he just got 8 mill raise.

what is he even bluffing anyway?

Patriots think Brady is bluffing about leaving or retiring. He’s caved in the past but he’s certainly making it look like he won’t this time.
What makes you think Kraft thinks Tom is bluffing?

The Franchise tag is irrelevant in Brady's case. Both sides know that the Pats would never utilize the franchise tag.

$35+MM would NEVER fit within the Pats current cap situation. Either it wouldn't fit, or take up so much room they'd be hamstrung to do much else to improve the team. In any event Brady was going to be a FA after this season.

If it’s irrelevant, why would Brady request and receive the no franchise clause in the agreement? It obviously wasn’t irrelevant to him. I’m with you in not wringing my hands over this. As Brady said the other day and Bill as said so many times,”it is what it is”. But, whatever “it” is , it seams it was important to Brady that he have full control over the situation and that everyone know it.

Speaking of calling bluffs: I think the Patriots should have worked out a deal with him to play through age 45, wrapping up his football career with a nice tidy bow. No question marks, no unnecessary drama going forward. Tom says he can do it, let's take him at his word and find out. That way they KNOW when to bring in the "next guy" and get him ready to succeed the GOAT.

Relax, man.

He's going after Gordie. Five-Zero. Oh yeah.
Screen-Shot-2014-10-30-at-4.43.26-PM.png

My concern is that Tom's chance to play, and our chance to see, Pats winning the Super Bowl sporting our real helmets & uni's shrinks by the minute, while Kraft's arachnid fangs only clench deeper into our butts in the form of the sad, diseased, decaying corpse that is the Goodell Desecrator and corresponding ugly, enemy blue jerseys and design unworthy of USFL rejects.
1971-Gordie-Howe-Alex-Delvecchio-080065805.jpg

...notice the classy, red, unchanged, traditional, historic, attractive red uniforms and logo

Note to morons/fake Patriot fans who worship Orthwein:

Montreal Hockey Club of Montreal, Quebec, Canada was a senior-level men's amateur ice hockey club, organized in 1884.[1] They were affiliated with Montreal Amateur Athletic Association (MAAA) and used the MAAA 'winged wheel' logo. The team was the first to win the Stanley Cup, in 1893.

The Montreal AAA Winged Wheelers were a Canadian football team and a member of the Interprovincial Rugby Football Union, a league that preceded the Canadian Football League. The team existed from 1872 to 1935.

Both clubs, whose logo the Detroit Red Wings' logo is based upon, wore primary color blue with grey trim uniforms.

Therefore, the Red Wings' uniforms are 'historically inaccurate'.

Now go try this on fans in Detroit and see what they think about ruining their uniforms.

Maybe if they move out before it sells they will put it on Airbnb, and one of you one percenters can rent it out and host a forum party!

Relax, man.

He's going after Gordie. Five-Zero. Oh yeah.
Screen-Shot-2014-10-30-at-4.43.26-PM.png

My concern is that Tom's chance to play, and our chance to see, Pats winning the Super Bowl sporting our real helmets & uni's shrinks by the minute, while Kraft's arachnid fangs only clench deeper into our butts in the form of the sad, diseased, decaying corpse that is the Goodell Desecrator and corresponding ugly, enemy blue jerseys and design unworthy of USFL rejects.
1971-Gordie-Howe-Alex-Delvecchio-080065805.jpg

...notice the classy, red, unchanged, traditional, historic, attractive red uniforms and logo

Note to morons/fake Patriot fans who worship Orthwein:

Montreal Hockey Club of Montreal, Quebec, Canada was a senior-level men's amateur ice hockey club, organized in 1884.[1] They were affiliated with Montreal Amateur Athletic Association (MAAA) and used the MAAA 'winged wheel' logo. The team was the first to win the Stanley Cup, in 1893.

The Montreal AAA Winged Wheelers were a Canadian football team and a member of the Interprovincial Rugby Football Union, a league that preceded the Canadian Football League. The team existed from 1872 to 1935.

Both clubs, whose logo the Detroit Red Wings' logo is based upon, wore primary color blue with grey trim uniforms.

Therefore, the Red Wings' uniforms are 'historically inaccurate'.

Now go try this on fans in Detroit and see what they think about ruining their uniforms.
Get a life

If it’s irrelevant, why would Brady request and receive the no franchise clause in the agreement? It obviously wasn’t irrelevant to him. I’m with you in not wringing my hands over this. As Brady said the other day and Bill as said so many times,”it is what it is”. But, whatever “it” is , it seams it was important to Brady that he have full control over the situation and that everyone know it.
First: "It...is where it's at!" [D. Jenkins, Semi-Tough]

Second: Tom wants to play as long as he can. Like, after 45. Get it?

Curan talking about BB trading Brady

That would have been merely and implied threat at BEST if it had been left in contract. Can you create any scenario where the Pats would take on a cap charge of over $35MM for a 43 year old QB. It would be a cap killer of immense proportions. In or out, it was never going to happen.

Again, as far as we know, the Patriots didn’t have to do anything. They could have just left things as they were and Brady would have had to hold out or retire to force it to be changed. They could have lived without the additional cap space or got it some other way.

The Patriots could very well have used the franchise tag as a short term placeholder to work out an agreement. That Brady asked that the franchise tag be removed from the equation is significant. Maybe, it was done solely as a gesture in the politics of collective bargaining. But, it has some significance.

That’s really what this is about if you ask me. I think it’s all but been decided that this is Brady’s last season, but he obviously has the right to change is mind. All the publicity around this contract and putting his estate on the market is just his way of saying it is without actually coming out and saying it.

Somehow I doubt this was a rash emotional decision.

Again, as far as we know, the Patriots didn’t have to do anything. They could have just left things as they were and Brady would have had to hold out or retire to force it to be changed. They could have lived without the additional cap space or got it some other way.

The Patriots could very well have used the franchise tag as a short term placeholder to work out an agreement. That Brady asked that the franchise tag be removed from the equation is significant. Maybe, it was done solely as a gesture in the politics of collective bargaining. But, it has some significance.

That’s really what this is about if you ask me. I think it’s all but been decided that this is Brady’s last season, but he obviously has the right to change is mind. All the publicity around this contract and putting his estate on the market is just his way of saying it is without actually coming out and saying it.
u8zx4n4.gif

Somehow I doubt this was a rash emotional decision.
Well then, he should just put some ointment on, suck it up and get out there.

It's training camp, let's get ready for the season!

Speaking of calling bluffs: I think the Patriots should have worked out a deal with him to play through age 45, wrapping up his football career with a nice tidy bow. No question marks, no unnecessary drama going forward. Tom says he can do it, let's take him at his word and find out. That way they KNOW when to bring in the "next guy" and get him ready to succeed the GOAT.
something-strange.png

something-strange.png

Curan talking about BB trading Brady

When exactly would he be able to do that? Now when they’re favored to win and have absolutely no one to replace him? That makes zero sense. Mid season if the team has a garbage record and he’s part of the reason? I guess that’s possible but I can’t ever see it happening.

Combine their leaving the Kraft neighborhood with word that they are shopping for homes in the NJ area outside NYC and Viola! Brady a JETE in 2020 is on the table. Or if instead he's a JINT, either way I need good instructions on seppuku.
Like the world would not LOVE to see Tom vs Bill -- the ultimate Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing