PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady "Pleads the 5th" when asked if he feels appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Also says, when asked if he is happy that he has his moments...

Poor guy does not sound happy.

I love TB12 to death favorite player in all sports, but he should've just lied and whatever problems he may have with BB and front office deal with it behind closed doors.

Why?

Assuming he's a grown ass man willing to face the consequences of his actions, why should he just shutup and fall in line? Because it'd be more convenient for Pat's fans?

Jeebus. Here we go again.

Can't we get some Bengals players to get arrested or some Jetes players to get in a bar fight, or Raiders fans to crash a reality show?

It's way past time that other teams did their part in creating off-season drama in the NFL.

I would have moved on with Jimmy last year. Its not that Tom is done but hey he is the age he is, has a wife who wants him to retire, has issues with the Patriots and is closer to Guerrero than Tom Cruise is to David Miscavage. Each year the relationship gets worse and it is poisoning the team.

This is all becoming quite petty and frustrating. And Tom, as bright as he seems, comes across as really stupid here.

Firstly, I do not think Tom should have to feel appreciated at work. If Belichick is ragging on him behind the scenes, I can understand some frustration in that regard. But it seems to me that Belichick will publicly critique certain players, often the best on the team, in order to create a culture that he deems most likely to bring success to the team.

Belichick is also on the record as raving about Tom's mental and physical toughness, preparation, and leadership. He has said on more than one occasion that there is no quarterback he'd rather have than Tom Brady, and if you believe the report re: Lynch asking if Belichick would trade Brady, to which Belichick responded (and I'm paraphrasing): 'trade the best quarterback in the history of the NFL? Are you kidding me?', then Belichick certainly thinks extremely highly of Tom and most definitely appreciates him.

If this is regarding Guerrero, then I suppose I understand Tom's frustration. It seems to me that Guerrero allows him to get into the best possible shape to perform his job at the highest level, which directly impacts the Patriots' success. If Guerrero gives Tom the best chance to succeed, and Tom performing at a high level gives the Patriots the best chance to win, then I think Belichick should give some ground in this regard. However, I do understand the nuances and intricacies of the matter and the potential conflict with the Patriots in-house training staff, and how that's a slippery slope to be working on if you're Belichick.

But again, this is all ridiculous. Regardless of whether Tom's seeming frustration is legitimate or not, speaking about it publicly and throwing more fuel on the fire is flat-out dumb, especially after Gronk came out and put out his own personal fire. The draft was successful, the murmurs were dying down following Gronk's aforementioned statement, and there seemed to be some positive energy and momentum around the coming season for the first time in awhile, and then Tom does this.

Maybe he was just trolling -- that's the only context in which this is even remotely okay. Otherwise it's unnecessary, petty, and extremely poorly calculated.

It makes me feel like a loser but I kind of wish he retired immediately after SB51. Like right there, on the stage and he shoved it up Goodell’s ass and then we could be a normal fanbase again.

Then again, the AFCCG last year was one of the best things I’ve ever seen in person.

So what do I know other than I like to drink?

Why?

Assuming he's a grown ass man willing to face the consequences of his actions, why should he just shutup and fall in line? Because it'd be more convenient for Pat's fans?
Not necessarily us Pats fans we are just fans, but more convenient to the players and coaches/management. My opinion is this can easily be a distraction. Luckily, distractions never really hurt the Pats in the TB/BB era.

And I also can be overreacting there's that too

Seriosuly.. Unhappy Brady nearly won the SB by himself.

I hope theres a huge sign first day of TC right over his locker... "No resistance bands allowed on field". Piss him off even more.

Belichick is being critcised by some but the reality is ..he found a way to challenge and keep pushing the GOAT. Everyone else in the universe kisses Tom's Italian sun kissed @$$ ..but BB wont give him Patriot of the week honors.

BB is such a badass it hurts.

Long live the hooded genius.

I think he's just working sympathy sex from Giselle.

If that's the deal then all (and a lot besides) is totally forgivable. Many a man has done worse things to get a lot less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back