PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady (not Mahomes or Barkley) tops Merchandise sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a Brady jersey yet. I've been thinking of getting one. I'll add to that total sometime in the next year or so to keep him up top.

I'm thinking maybe a white one...and I'll just have to add the SBLI patch on it.

I’ve got a couple but I’ve washed them too many times. So, this is the year man. One more time

I find it amazing that Brady still leads the merchandise list. You think that EVERY Pats fan who wanted a Brady jersey would HAVE one about a decade ago. And since we are constantly being told that Brady is hated outside of the 6 NE states, I'm wondering who is buying this merchandise. Could it be that far from being hated, this is more proof that Brady is admired and respected FAR more than media perception would have us believe.

I'm sure it's not every year, but it sure seems like he's been the top seller for quite awhile. .

..but everyone hates him :eek:

I find it amazing that Brady still leads the merchandise list. You think that EVERY Pats fan who wanted a Brady jersey would HAVE one about a decade ago. And since we are constantly being told that Brady is hated outside of the 6 NE states, I'm wondering who is buying this merchandise. Could it be that far from being hated, this is more proof that Brady is admired and respected FAR more than media perception would have us believe.

2rhy3i8.jpg

Tom Brady Had NFL’s Top Selling Jersey In February — In All 50 States

He's the GOAT for a reason. :D:D

Every baby born in NE gets a TB12 Jersey.... then that same kid gets new TB12 jerseys as he or she grows. Beautiful thing!

Dak Prescott at 2 though. Lol!!!

Tom Brady Tops NFL Player-Merchandise Sales For Second Consecutive Year

For the second year in a row Brady is #1 in merchandise sales.
Granted we all love us some Tommy but it's nonetheless amazing that with all these young phenoms a guy that's been starting for 18 years is still the merchandise leader
Such a higher percentage of Brady merchandise buyers are repeat customers. That’s why younger players usually lead on sales, because so many people already have Brady gear. (This is also why teams make uniform changes every few years.)

The final royalty numbers are out and of course Tom is No. 1:

"New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, the oldest position player in the NFL, earned more money than any other player in the last season from the sale of jerseys, video games and trading cards, according to the NFL Players Association’s annual report filed with the Department of Labor.

Brady pulling in over $2 million “is just truly staggering, because he’s been in the same market, selling the same jersey for 17 years,” said Russ Spielman, president of sports marketing at GSE Worldwide, “You see, Peyton Manning moves markets when he did, and you understand when his jersey goes to the top of the sales. But for Tom, I mean, how many more Patriot fans are there that don’t own his jersey at this point, but it keeps going. It’s awesome to watch.”

Dak Prescott was second and Antonio Brown was third.

How Tom Brady is the king of player royalties and why Odell...

I bought a couple of those TB12 t-shirts! So nice!

W/R/T the thread title. Barkley is a first year back on a 5-11 team that nobody cares about. Would there be that much demand for his jersey?

It's impressive, but how many of the recent sales were people in St. Louis who lost bets and had to show up to the office the next day wearing Brady jerseys?

Yeah i got so many for diff occasions. Got the beat up silver 12 for around the house and yard work, a red throw back for partys, and if I need something more formal a white team high end one(non elastic sleeve), for trade shows and such. The 2 blue ones I have are bad luck and stay in the closet until retirement whenever that is.

I have an Edelman jersey and I gave my TB12 throwback away to a relative.
Question: how does a grown man pull off wearing a jersey outside of the stadium??? Is it cool to be walking around my Costco on game day with my jersey on? Especially when I live in Columbus (outside of the Northeast)?

Question: how does a grown man pull off wearing a jersey outside of the stadium??? Is it cool to be walking around my Costco on game day with my jersey on? Especially when I live in Columbus (outside of the Northeast)?
Brady is going to be 42 this season and he wears one on game day. I think that's the coolest thing ever. Embrace it.

I wonder how the sales split internationally. 3 Super Bowl wins is enough to get you plenty of bandwagon jersey purchases in the states, but once you hit 4, 5, and 6 rings you're essentially the Michael Jordan of the NFL. Add in the rise of social media and probably ease of access to NFL games that maybe didn't exist 15 years ago, I'd bet a good number of those jerseys are sold internationally

According to the NFLPA "The only verified rankings of all officially licensed NFL player products and merchandise" Brady has continued to top merchandise sales for the preseason period. Edelman (15) and Gronk (17) join him in the top 20. Gilmore just made the list at number 50, one of only 10 defensive players on it.

NFL Players Inc. - Top 50 Player Sales List FY20 Q1

At the sports bar or if it's a game-day party, I go with the jersey. Outside of that (running errands before kickoff, etc) I go with the polo (black with the Pat Patriot logo, or one of the SB logos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down