PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady named to NFL 100 All-Time team

Status
Not open for further replies.
You came pretty close.

Final: Sammy Baugh, Tom Brady, John Elway, Brett Favre, Otto Graham, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, and John Unitas.
Sammy Baugh
Otto Graham
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Terry Bradshaw

Joe Montana
John Elway
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

I got 7 right. Only surprise to me is Marino.

The 100 was a great show ...

And the Brady segment didn't disappoint

So in watching the QB installment tonight it came as no surprise that Staubach was as intelligent, erudite and gracious as ever or that Tom Brady was as intelligent, humble and gracious as we know him to be. Unfortunately Favre didn't present any surprises either. He is still a dumbazz hick that it would probably be be fun to drink with but you sure as hell wouldn't want your daughter to breed with.

Sammy Baugh
Otto Graham
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Terry Bradshaw
Joe Montana
John Elway
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

I got 7 right. Only surprise to me is Marino.
Here was mine from page 1.

Wrong Packer.

Brady
Montana
Staubach
Unitas
Graham
Baugh
Elway
Manning
Marino
Starr

Did the Saint fans have a meltdown yet?

Did the Saint fans have a meltdown yet?
They certainly can be like hungry angry babies when it comes to Drew beers and his not getting respeckt .... Drew Dangerfield will be ok though...

Wrong Packer.

Brady
Montana
Staubach
Unitas
Graham
Baugh
Elway
Manning
Marino
Starr

That’s pretty awesome!

I think all of us had Starr as a lock and not many saw Favre making it.

Marino and Favre > Bradshaw and Starr just goes to show this wasn’t all about championships. Two dynasty leading QBs with nine championships beaten out by two guys with a combined one championship. So all the Brees/Rodgers whiners have a steep hill to climb.

I thought the list was excellent...my only issue was Favre, but I understand it. He was considered to be the very best in the game for 5+ years. I just felt he was too reckless and that other QBs may have won more titles with those talented Packers teams; his gunslinging ways cost the team a lot of potential titles. Still glad he made it over the little twit Rodgers though.

That’s pretty awesome!

Marino and Favre > Bradshaw and Starr just goes to show this wasn’t all about championships. Two dynasty leading QBs with nine championships beaten out by two guys with a combined one championship. So all the Brees/Rodgers whiners have a steep hill to climb.

I thought the list was excellent...my only issue was Favre, but I understand it. He was considered to be the very best in the game for 5+ years. I just felt he was too reckless and that other QBs may have won more titles with those talented Packers teams; his gunslinging ways cost the team a lot of potential titles. Still glad he made it over the little twit Rodgers though.
Every one of the picks were in the All-Decades Teams except Marino. I'm OK with the selections, good representation of different styles and eras amongst all good QBs.

Every one of the picks were in the All-Decades Teams except Marino. I'm OK with the selections, good representation of different styles and eras amongst all good QBs.

Marino was absurdly disregarded from the 1980s all-decade team, as Fouts made it instead. Terrible selection there. Marino was certainly deserving of second team 1980s (Montana first team.)

Wrong Packer.

Brady
Montana
Staubach
Unitas
Graham
Baugh
Elway
Manning
Marino
Starr
I had the same (with the exception of I had Marino In based on what I thought they would choose and young in his place on what I would choose)

That’s pretty awesome!

I personally don't understand Marino over Starr as an all time great or as a greatest of the greats. No super bowls and one of the biggest d-bags to ever wear a uniform. Great HOF worthy QB ? Sure. One of the 10 best of all time? No. At least one super bowl should have been a prerequisite.

@venecol

Here it comes...lol. This is what I’ve been saying about uppity Saints fans.

NFL 100 All-Time Team discredits itself by snubbing Drew Brees

Among his generation of quarterbacks, he trails only Tom Brady in prestige, and that’s because Brady was fortunate enough to play with a defense that carried him to several championships early in his career. Now that they’re both on the back nine, there’s no comparing who plays at a higher level.

Last edited:
I personally don't understand Marino over Starr as an all time great or as a greatest of the greats. No super bowls and one of the biggest d-bags to ever wear a uniform. Great HOF worthy QB ? Sure. One of the 10 best of all time? No. At least one super bowl should have been a prerequisite.

I don’t agree with Marino over Starr either. Or Favre over Starr. Frankly that one’s a head scratcher. But I’ll take it...because it shoots down any arguments for Brees and Rodgers being let down by their teams :)

Here it comes...lol. This is what I’ve been saying about uppity Saints fans.

NFL 100 All-Time Team discredits itself by snubbing Drew Brees

Among his generation of quarterbacks, he trails only Tom Brady in prestige, and that’s because Brady was fortunate enough to play with a defense that carried him to several championships early in his career. Now that they’re both on the back nine, there’s no comparing who plays at a higher level.

I guess they missed two of the greatest super bowl comebacks. One coming against the LOB and the other against insurmountable odds.

Lots of great stuff from that round table.

I’m almost positive that Belichick said “but not more than this guy” referring to Brady when talking about how difficult it was stop/game plan Manning. I picked up on Brady’s collegiate references, too. He basically won every big game he played in at Michigan.

Im not really bothered by Marino on the list.
Put him or Elway with the 49ers in the 80s they probably win just as many championships. And that’s no disrespect to Montana. Big Montana fan

I guess they missed two of the greatest super bowl comebacks. One coming against the LOB and the other against insurmountable odds.

Yes, along with two regular season MVP awards (to Brees’s zero). Last year’s conference championship games both went to OT and both Brady and Brees got the ball first. Could not be a better microcosm of their career than than those drives. Voters weren’t fooled by a massive amount of easy dump offs and artificially high volume numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes