PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article, the one by Holley, and the one by Curran all read the same narrative to me, and it’s really sad. Basically Brady being the son of a hard ass father who thinks his Dad doesn’t love him because the dad just doesn’t know how to express his emotions properly. This didn’t have to happen. Who knows how much longer Brady really has left as a good QB, but I find it highly unlikely that the Patriots will be better off without him next season. And despite what he’s feeling now, 12 months from now I’m not sure Brady will be feeling happy about it either, even if he does win the Super Bowl with the Bucs next season. He’d still want Belichick’s validation that he made the right decision.....
If we believe Curran's narrative, it's simply an issue of valuation. Same as with Ty Law, Lawyer Malloy, Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Willie McGuinest, etc. They all got to play out the end of their carriers in different unis because BB prefers to not pay top of market rates to athletes whose skills are declining, he'd rather gamble on younger players on the way up.

Yeah, both Tommy and Jerry are gone, and they ain't never coming back...

Brady is really the only QB I ever knew.

This feels weird and different. Im not devasted, but too bad #12 wont be under center anymore.
Many of us remember when we didn't have a good coach. We went through Parcells (a Hall of Famer) and Pete Carrol (a lock as a future Hall of Famer) as our coaches before we found Belichick, who is far better than either of them. Luckily our owner learned from his early mistakes and picked the right guy as HC of the NEP and gave him everything he needed to succeed and then largely stayed out of his way. Compare/contrast to, let's say, Jerry Jones, who put himself right in to the middle of everything and who hasn't won bupkis in twenty years. Kraft started down that path and then realized it wasn't working and made changes. That's a pretty hard thing for wealthy people to do, he deserves a lot of credit for figuring it out.

BB is buying the groceries and cooking the meals, and it's been two decades of excellent dining. Now the ingredients may not be the same, but it's going to be fascinating to see what the meals are like.

It is kind of disappointing to hear shouts of BUT I JUST WANNA EAT. Well, we already ate the best part of the Brady meal, buying more as quality went down and price went up wasn't going to make a better meal, so now something new and different will be served.

It might be a bit of a shock getting used to the new cuisine, but we all knew it wasn't going to last forever. It seems a few posters have already decided the new meal isn't even worth tasting. Well, fine, hope you enjoy Arians Gumbo.

Before we had BB we had a Jete like existence of getting our hopes dashed with a long stream of also-ran coaches and GMs with erratic owners and a poor stadium. There is a lot to be said for having a HOF coach and GM and an owner who largely stays out of the way of the football side while he pays ageing Asian ladies to give him happy endings.

It sucks to see TB12 move on, but as we used to say, In Bill We Trust.

Last edited:
No

My denial will not be denied

This Shall Not Happen

No

Hate this. Seems like a mistake for everyone involved in every way.

Any chance Brady was told that he was not guaranteed the starting job? And that Stidham would've been worthy competition?

One thing nobody seems to be considering is the very real possibility that there is no football season this year. I read a serious article today that said that medical experts think that the only way to shut off this virus will be for everyone to basically remain in lockdown barring absolutely required travel until the fall of 2021 (or when there is a vaccine, whichever is first).

Hate this. Seems like a mistake for everyone involved in every way.

Any chance Brady was told that he was not guaranteed the starting job? And that Stidham would've been worthy competition?

Everyone is serioulsy overvaluating Stidham! He is not good, right now he is easily the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Everyone is serioulsy overvaluating Stidham! He is not good, right now he is easily the worst starting QB in the NFL.

This goes both ways. Idk how anyone can rate him (good or bad) with the limited body of work. He’s an unknown and the wildcard for how this upcoming season goes.

One thing nobody seems to be considering is the very real possibility that there is no football season this year.

Probably because there's not a very real possibility that there's no football season this year.

'One thing nobody seems to be considering is the very real possibility that there is no football season this year.'

That depends upon how God feels about Brady as Buc

Best not to risk it.

Don't be so sure about that. So what NFL team are you pulling for now that you've jumped off the bandwagon?
I am still a fan dipstick. I am just being realistic in my expectations

Some background on the Brady saga: My understanding is his camp knew there were two serious suitors and opened talks by giving each of them Brady’s financial terms (two years, $60+ million GUARANTEED). When both said they were in, other factors came into play. ... (cont)

Things that tilted the scales to the Bucs: Brady wanted to remain close to his son from a previous relationship who lives in the NY area, and the Brady family spends a lot of leisure time in Miami, Costa Rica and South America, which also made the East Coast desirable.

Brady also was intrigued by the prospect of working with Bucs coach Bruce Arians, who has a long history of getting the most out of elite quarterbacks.

The whole thing just sucks. The cap sucks. Age sucks. Father time sucks.

The Jetes suck worse tho. :D

Tom Brady's contract has officially voided. He is now officially a free agent, and the Patriots now officially have to swallow the dead money.

I have absolutely no confidence Tampa will compete.
Agreed. On paper, they look like a real threat and Brady believes they give him a great chance at a seventh ring. I suspect, however, that Brady may be downplaying the role of intangibles with a coaching staff. The little things won't be as precise as under Belichick and that can cost a team with the talent to win it all.

Brady's leadership will also have to return to form. Less pouting and entitlement as he has to win over a new locker room that may grow weary of his yelling if the team isn't a .750 or higher performer. I'm honestly not confident that Tom can regain his humility after such success, as a major reason he left the Patriots was that he grew tired of eating humble pie every day.

Brady wants his final years to be in the sun and everyone to bask in his glory. It may work out; the move may also end up shining more of a light on his shortcomings in what has otherwise been an all time great career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back